Outside is a weather app that displays the correct weather information right when you need it the most. It uses the location of your Mac to pinpoint the exact weather forecast for your area.
• Support for ALL Macs with macOS 10.11 El Capitan or later - MacBook, MacBook Air, MacBook Pro, iMac, iMac Pro, Mac mini, Mac Pro, and iMac Pro
• Ultra-fast speed - Outside refreshes its data quickly so that the weather forecast always stays up to date.
• Pinpoint accuracy - Outside is always checking for weather changes. If it finds a weather change, it changes the temperature in the app within seconds.
• Dynamic backgrounds - Outside adjusts its background based on the current conditions for easier visualization of the current weather.
• Projected weather - Outside projects what the conditions will be ahead of time to make sure you're prepared.
• Easy-to-use interface - No more scrolling through multiple pages to see the temperature outside. Outside displays the temperature as soon as you open the app.
• Constant updates - Outside is always being updated. New features are constantly being added!
This update adds support for macOS 10.14 Mojave.
Ratings and Reviews
Needs to be clearer about this app in advert
1. ONLY runs on wireless
2. ONLY one location
3. Uses DarkSky weather info, unusable for my location due to microclimates
4. Has preferences settings, but no preferences can be set.
Needs major work for adaptability and usability.
Requesting full refund.
Developer Response ,
Hi there -- I am happy to inform you that most of the issues outlined in your review are now implemented as part of Outside 2. Outside 2 brings the ability to run on Ethernet as use more than one location. It adds a few more Settings toggles as well. In a future update, OpenWeatherMap functionality will be added so you can choose the weather data source depending on what works best in your area. I really appreciate your initial feedback and hope you'll try out Outside 2! Thank you again!
Thank you for leaving a review! I'd like to address your concerns:
1. Outside only running on Wi-Fi is a restriction placed on developers by Apple - I can't do anything about this without rewriting a major portion of the app. Other weather apps can operate on Ethernet but they don't use Apple's built-in Location Services/CoreLocation (which is usually more accurate than other services). I apologize about this.
2. This is a valid concern, and I will consider adding functionality for more than one city in the near future.
3. In order to change this, Outside would need to be completely rewritten. Dark Sky is generally very accurate for most users, and I apologize that it doesn't work as well for you.
4. There are preferences that can be set in the Preferences window. In future updates, more settings will be added.
If you have any other comments, concerns, or questions, please don't hesitate to email email@example.com. Thanks again! :)
It works on Sierra on my MacBook Pro with touch bar, but I would really like an option to have the app show in the notifications area so I can swipe left to view it and swipe right to dismiss it.
An hourly forecast is **essential** for me in a weather app, so I would love to see it here.
I live in a very hot climate and planning outdoor activities involves planning around the heat. I want hourly updates or even 15-minute updates on heat index, temp, etc. Very important to me.
Please add notifications — if there is an extreme weather event in my area, such as a tropical storm or tornado — or if I want to be notified if it is going to start raining, even -- that would be great.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for leaving a review! I'll consider adding severe weather notifications in the near future. :)
Crashes on start.
Very nice interface.
Developer Response ,
I apologize about the crash you're experiencing -- it should be fixed in the latest update. If you have any other questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.