By Kathryn Rotondo
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
OutTime is the simplest-to-use app for toddler timeouts.
Out Time is a visual time-out timer for the iPad, iPhone, and iPod Touch. It helps to make time-outs a calmer experience for both parents and children, by displaying a visual progress indicator that even young children can understand, and helping parents to consistently give age-appropriate time-outs.
We know that when parents are reaching for a time-out app, they may already be contenting with an upset child and need the experience to be as quick and simple as possible. By remembering your settings so that you can open the app and start the timer immediately, Out Time keeps your focus on your child.
- Allows you to quickly set the number of minutes matching your child’s age
- Visualizes the elapsed and remaining time in a way that young children can understand
- Gives both visual and audio cues when the timer ends
- Remembers your settings between uses
- Pleasing graphics and colors encourage calm
Very simple visual countdown, no unnecessary extras. Perfect for toddler time outs as well as clean up time, turn taking, or anytime you say "5 more minutes until...."
I love how simple this is. The only thing missing is a way to restart when my toddler has to start time-out over for moving of her spot. The only way I can figure out to restart is to close the app and reopen.
Okay..... Not great
This app is very simple to use and it looks nice but I have to say that I HATE the fact that there is no "pause" or "restart" function. In the the event that your child fails to stay in time out, you have to close and re-open the app to restart your time out. Very inconvenient.
- Category: Productivity
- Released: Aug 26, 2011
- Version: 1.0.0
- Size: 20.4 MB
- Languages: English, Czech, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Seller: Kathryn Rotondo
- © 2011 Kathryn Rotondo
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5s, iPad, iPod touch (3rd generation), iPod touch (4th generation), and iPod touch (5th generation).