OverDrive: eBooks & audiobooks
By OverDrive, Inc.
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Borrow eBooks, audiobooks, and streaming video from your library using OverDrive on your iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch. More than 30,000 libraries worldwide offer titles from OverDrive, so download the app and find your next book today!
Having problems with font size in some books on iOS 10? See http://help.overdrive.com/customer/portal/articles/2574801 for help.
• Available 24/7, now the library comes to you.
• No more late fees. Titles are automatically returned.
• Place holds, create wish lists, and return titles easily.
• Sync libraries, bookmarks, and recent positions across mobile devices.
• A valid account with a participating library, school, or other institution is required.
• Each library builds its own collection of titles. Contact them directly to let them know that you’re using OverDrive and to share any suggestions for books you would like to see them carry.
What's New in Version 3.7.2
• Added iPhone X support
• Improved downloading stability when adding titles - and books should download faster.
• Fixed a bug that deleted bookmarks and last position if you renewed a book.
• Fixed some other minor bugs.
There's a new problem!
I've loved reading books for a long time with this App, but the latest update has a distracting white stripe along the top (unless I choose the dark page, then it is black) that is very annoying. It looks like some words are covered up, even though they aren’t. Please kindly correct this with the next update. A page should just look like a book page only with the tiny WiFi, time, and battery % info visible at the very top. Thank you ahead of time!!
Love the App
But.....some of the books are coming across in single space only. I always used the double spacing option. Because it's easier reading. Would sure appreciate getting that option back. It shows in the options but won't load that way.
Now the books are coming with the first paragraph in each chapter in double space and then it goes to single space. Is it me or did something change in one of the updates?
I love this app and use it all the time. I have been using it for about 5 years consistently. I have a long commute and having books to listen makes that commute much easier. I also have a suggestion; it would be great if you could get a notification that the book you have checked out is expiring so you can renew it. Just in case you haven’t finished it yet. Thanks for a great app!!
- Category: Books
- Updated: Nov 17, 2017
- Version: 3.7.2
- Size: 38.4 MB
- Languages: English, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Icelandic, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Tamil, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Seller: OverDrive, Inc.
- © 2016 OverDrive, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.