OverDrive: eBooks & audiobooks
By OverDrive, Inc.
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Borrow eBooks, audiobooks, and streaming video from your library using OverDrive on your iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch. More than 30,000 libraries worldwide offer titles from OverDrive, so download the app and find your next book today!
Having problems with font size in some books on iOS 10? See http://help.overdrive.com/customer/portal/articles/2574801 for help.
• Available 24/7, now the library comes to you.
• No more late fees. Titles are automatically returned.
• Place holds, create wish lists, and return titles easily.
• Sync libraries, bookmarks, and recent positions across mobile devices.
• A valid account with a participating library, school, or other institution is required.
• Each library builds its own collection of titles. Contact them directly to let them know that you’re using OverDrive and to share any suggestions for books you would like to see them carry.
What's New in Version 3.7.2
• Added iPhone X support
• Improved downloading stability when adding titles - and books should download faster.
• Fixed a bug that deleted bookmarks and last position if you renewed a book.
• Fixed some other minor bugs.
Great App, Always improving
I really like the app and all the improvements that have been made. It's library selection is now much bigger and it allows easy access to their online collection. I also like that it saves your account so you don't need to type your library card number every time you want to borrow a book.
There is room for improvement, however. The app is still quite glitchy as it links you directly to the websites for things like Kindle. It would be better if the Kindle transfer feature was more streamlined. It's also unable (or on my device it seems) to download an audiobook while you are listening to one.
Hopefully, the app will continue to improve as it is abreast way for me to access my library remotely!
Good, but could be better
Very functional but needs a few tweaks.
Please add a feature so you can tap the left side of the screen and advance the page forward instead of making it so left always means backward. This allows for forward paging while holding with the left hand.
Second, a curious bug has appeared. When using the app to change screen brightness on white or parchment pages, the area of the page under the menu header bar doesn't match brightness with the rest of the page UNLESS the page is at full brightness within the app settings. This makes for a very disconcerting bright bar at the top of the screen.
Worthwhile, free, dependable, and current.
Re. latest update ... (Nov ‘17) ... in IOS 11.1.1 on iPad Pro the Overdrive app icon doubles itself in the dock, and one stays there even if the app is removed from the dock ... otherwise it’s great and thank you all, I use the app almost every day!
As always ... A solid and reliable app... And much appreciated ... Thanks!
Today's update ... Won't load if I access it from the App Store update tab, but if I search for Overdrive in the App Store and click "Update" on the Overdrive pop up ... The update loads just fine.
- Category: Books
- Updated: Nov 17, 2017
- Version: 3.7.2
- Size: 38.4 MB
- Languages: English, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Icelandic, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Tamil, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Seller: OverDrive, Inc.
- © 2016 OverDrive, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.