OverDrive: eBooks & audiobooks
By OverDrive, Inc.
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Borrow eBooks, audiobooks, and streaming video from your library using OverDrive on your iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch. More than 30,000 libraries worldwide offer titles from OverDrive, so download the app and find your next book today!
Having problems with font size in some books on iOS 10? See http://help.overdrive.com/customer/portal/articles/2574801 for help.
• Available 24/7, now the library comes to you.
• No more late fees. Titles are automatically returned.
• Place holds, create wish lists, and return titles easily.
• Sync libraries, bookmarks, and recent positions across mobile devices.
• A valid account with a participating library, school, or other institution is required.
• Each library builds its own collection of titles. Contact them directly to let them know that you’re using OverDrive and to share any suggestions for books you would like to see them carry.
What's New in Version 3.7.3
• Improved the processing and load time of eBooks.
• Fixed a bug that that did not apply the brightness setting to the eBook reader header.
• Fixed a bug that prevented pausing on Bluetooth devices when audiobook playback speed was faster than 1x.
• Fixed a bug that showed a white screen instead of opening a downloaded eBook.
• Other minor bug fixes.
What the heck????!!!
I’ve been having some difficulty with the app (version 3.7.3, IOS 11.2, iPhone 6 Plus) since I updated my IOS. Thinking it might have somehow gotten corrupted (?), I deleted the app, reinstalled it, went to sign in…man, it was giving me FITS! First it tells me either my email or password was incorrect. Well, I was absolutely sure my email was correct, so I clicked “reset password,” and it wouldn’t do that. So, okay, I deleted it, reinstalled it, signed up again (same email, same password), found my library, entered my library card number. In the LOANS section, it shows the book and video I had already checked out, downloaded video - fine, no problem. Went to download the book - NOPE. Says the book has been checked out using a different account. How is it possible that it can show in my loans, won’t let me download it, won’t let me return it?
Bottom line: Book is checked out to me for another THIRTEEN DAYS, and I don’t get to finish it! And why could I download the video again, but not the book? I signed in using my library card! Your website wouldn’t allow me to verify my email, either - “page expired” when I went to select my library. App needs serious work!
Fantastic functionality, ease of use less so
The good (which is very very good): you can enjoy the benefits of your library tax dollars from anywhere. I especially enjoy listening to audiobooks on my iPhone while I clean...and I’m cleaning lots more as a result. (Good excuse to spring for those AirPods or other wireless earphones, BTW. You can listen surprisingly far from your phone.)
The bad (annoying): I have taught people how to use computers/devices and software for over 20 years, but still it always takes me several tries to figure out how to do things with this app. It needs to be more intuitive.
I’d also appreciate being able to save my (very long) library card # to the app, and then log in with my fingerprint. And if that’s not possible, at least eliminate the need to specify the local library TWICE before you can log in. (That’s how it is for Nebraska, anyway.)
WHAT IS HAPPENING!!!!
UPDATE:: after deleting overdrive from my phone and adding re-adding the app, it now works. I love this app. My only complaints, if I had to have some are: 1. All books in certain series are not available...BUMMER, and 2. I cant simply click on the book in/on my bookshelf and renew it.
App will not even open with iPhone X!!!! I keep getting an error that tells me to ‘retry’. I went to your website and it directed me to my Library. This is an app problem.
I LOVE this app. I use it EVERY day, but carrying my iPad on walks and shopping is getting to be too much.
Please help so I can give this the 5 that you deserve!!!
- Category: Books
- Updated: Dec 01, 2017
- Version: 3.7.3
- Size: 38.4 MB
- Languages: English, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Icelandic, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Tamil, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Seller: OverDrive, Inc.
- © 2016 OverDrive, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.