OverDrive: eBooks & audiobooks
By OverDrive, Inc.
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Borrow eBooks, audiobooks, and streaming video from your library using OverDrive on your iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch. More than 30,000 libraries worldwide offer titles from OverDrive, so download the app and find your next book today!
Having problems with font size in some books on iOS 10? See http://help.overdrive.com/customer/portal/articles/2574801 for help.
• Available 24/7, now the library comes to you.
• No more late fees. Titles are automatically returned.
• Place holds, create wish lists, and return titles easily.
• Sync libraries, bookmarks, and recent positions across mobile devices.
• A valid account with a participating library, school, or other institution is required.
• Each library builds its own collection of titles. Contact them directly to let them know that you’re using OverDrive and to share any suggestions for books you would like to see them carry.
What's New in Version 3.7.3
• Improved the processing and load time of eBooks.
• Fixed a bug that that did not apply the brightness setting to the eBook reader header.
• Fixed a bug that prevented pausing on Bluetooth devices when audiobook playback speed was faster than 1x.
• Fixed a bug that showed a white screen instead of opening a downloaded eBook.
• Other minor bug fixes.
Long time user with concerns
While I have used OverDrive for several years now and have thoroughly enjoyed it, I am now concerned with changes in the app. Since upgrading my phone from iPhone 6 Plus to iPhone eight, the app now does not allow me to adjust the spacing in my e-book. I prefer reading in doublespaced or even triple spaced pages but now all I get are single-spaced pages. What happened? Even when I select double space from the options menu, it comes back single-spaced. I tried deleting the app and reinstalling it once I got my new phone, but then I lost the ability to download the book I had been reading. Even though it was checked out to me, it wouldn’t let me download because it said it was checked out to a different account. I had to call the library and they had to move me up to the top of the waiting list for me to download it again. According to the library tech person I spoke with, this is not an uncommon problem. To add to my frustration, I have found no way to contact overdrive to share these concerns. I guess my only option is to write this review and hope somebody at Overdrive actually reads this and cares enough to try and fix these problems.
Great library app with only occasional tech issues.
I was originally referred this app by my mom and I love it. I’m in a military family so we are always on the move. This app makes it so easy for me use my home state library system to check out books when ever I want without even having to leave the house. One thing I ABSOLUTELY love is that if you can’t find the book you want it will ask you if want to recommend purchase of said book. I have done this once or twice and the book I wanted was purchased within a couple days and made available to me immediately!
The only thing I can complain about it, is I can’t figure out how to read the same books across different devices and I experienced technical issues that completely prevented me from checking out and reading any books. That happened only once and after a while, I uninstalled the app and reinstalled then the issue was resolved.
I only rated the app at 4 stars because of the technical issues. If it wasn’t for that I would rate it 5 stars in a heartbeat!
In an update it changed the setup so a lot of books can’t be read with out the kindle app it used to be where you could read it online through the OverDrive app but you were pleased that feature with a lot of kindle.
Also books get delete it off the app all the time. Gets really frustrating when you’re trying to find a book that you’ve read before but can’t find it.
Not all the books in the series are there and sometimes just wanna read the books without buying them or you don’t have time to go to the physical library. I know that not all books have a e-book but it gets pretty annoying.
The best thing about this app is that you can have dyslexic fonts which makes it easier to read you’re also able to turn the screen black with white font which is much easier on the eyes to read.
- Category: Books
- Updated: Dec 01, 2017
- Version: 3.7.3
- Size: 38.4 MB
- Languages: English, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Icelandic, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Tamil, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Seller: OverDrive, Inc.
- © 2016 OverDrive, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.