OverDrive – Library eBooks and Audiobooks
By OverDrive, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Borrow eBooks, audiobooks, and streaming video from your library using OverDrive on your iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch. More than 30,000 libraries worldwide offer titles from OverDrive, so download the app and find your next book today!
• Available 24/7, now the library comes to you.
• No more late fees. Titles are automatically returned.
• Place holds, create wish lists, and return titles easily.
• Sync libraries, bookmarks, and recent positions across mobile devices.
• A valid account with a participating library, school, or other institution is required.
• Each library builds its own collection of titles. Contact them directly to let them know that you’re using OverDrive and to share any suggestions for books you would like to see them carry.
What's New in Version 3.3.0
• New dyslexic font option
• Bug fixes, including a fix for problems playing some audiobooks
I really like this app. I love that I can connect to my library, and get books on my phone for easy access to read or listen to, and it's all for free!! Library's are awesome, and it makes it that much better to have library access on your phone. I'm actually rating this app again, cause when I first rated it I gave it 5 stars and talked about how great the app is. Since then though we have had problems with the app. My husband and I were listening to the same audio book (which we have done several times on our own personal phones), suddenly the book stopped playing and refused to play for my husband anymore. He tried deleting it and reinstalling it, but the app said we had already reached our limit of downloading it 3 times, but we had only downloaded it twice. Then over night last night the app deleted my bookshelf, hold items, my wish list, and books I've rated. Thankfully I have Goodreads, so I didn't lose the information from my wish list, and my book ratings completely. I'm very disappointed though that now I have to wait twice as long to get the books in my holds list and bookshelf, as now I'm no longer the next in line for the books, but I am now 18th in line. I'm not sure what happened, but the bugs in this app can be rather frustrating.
Free reading? No way! 📖😱
I just started being a bookworm just last year and I hate how I couldn't get to finish my book at night in the dark. So I looked up apps to help me...none of them I tell u none of them got me free books! So I saw how overdrive had a picture of reading I completely ignored the app and thought it was a joke. 2 weeks later I had enough I had to find something overdrive was the app left to read from so I tried it. Once I opened the app my life has changed! I'm a bookworm. I read 100 books last year! So happy ,I never read ,now I have the chance to. Although I have to still go to the library to get books because apparently the app doesn't have every single book. But hey I think it has intelligent design it helps me get through it easily. It's got me through sad situations books now overdrive got books to me in an awesome way. Totally recommend the app to the book lovers. (need a library card for it).😍💓📖🍎🐛
Works great for library audiobooks
I use this app daily to listen to audiobooks I get from my library. Overall, I love its usability, but there are some annoyances.
1. It "usually" saves your place. I listen to my books with Bluetooth in the car, a Bluetooth headset sometimes, or use my phone speakers. Sometimes the app won't remember the correct place when it switches between output methods. As in, I'll pause it in my car (through the car stereo), and when I go to play later with just the phone speakers, it reverts back to where I was before listening in the car.
2. I wish it could save my library password for my saved library, instead of having to type it in every time I want to get new books.
3. Like another person said, when I do sign into the library, it alerts me that a particular book has been added to my wish list (this was weeks ago, and I've since checked the book out, but this notice won't go away). It's only happened with one specific book. This is a pretty minor annoyance though.
Overall, I LOVE being able to listen to free audiobooks through my library. This app is tons better than it used to be (years ago) and it makes my commute and even housework enjoyable to get to "read" my books while doing something else. Also, I have been able to use other phone features while a book is playing. If I take a call, it will just resume playing after I hang up. And I can multitask with other apps no problem.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Books
- Updated: Mar 31, 2015
- Version: 3.3.0
- Size: 23.5 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: OverDrive, Inc.
- © 2015 OverDrive, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.