OverDrive – Library eBooks and Audiobooks
By OverDrive, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Borrow eBooks, audiobooks, and streaming video from your library using OverDrive on your iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch. More than 30,000 libraries worldwide offer titles from OverDrive, so download the app and find your next book today!
• Available 24/7, now the library comes to you.
• No more late fees. Titles are automatically returned.
• Place holds, create wish lists, and return titles easily.
• Sync libraries, bookmarks, and recent positions across mobile devices.
• A valid account with a participating library, school, or other institution is required.
• Each library builds its own collection of titles. Contact them directly to let them know that you’re using OverDrive and to share any suggestions for books you would like to see them carry.
What's New in Version 3.5.5
• Several audiobook-related updates, from performance improvements to bug fixes. Thanks for your patience, audiobook readers!
• Replaced the audiobook lock screen controls with 15 sec buttons.
• Other minor bug fixes and copy changes.
Stay tuned, more fixes and improvements are coming soon. Thank you for using OverDrive!
For the most part I love this app and I'm finally in a real city with real library connections to be able to use it! I was and still am long subscriber to SCRIBD but they changed their policies about a year ago and they are not as good as this app! I am keep SCRIBD for a bit longer being I feel as if their suggestions for what to read next are much better than this app. But for the most part I can find almost the same audio book here for free!! This is very helpful for my long drives and falling asleep at night! Love that I can put on head phones and turn the screen off and just listen away. My husband likes this too as I don't keep him up with the bright lights of ,y iPad or the TV! Oh so happy to have and use this app daily! I just hope the suggestions get better! If you can't find a good book on here with all the options than I don't know that to tell you being there are so many offered, saving lots of money now not going to book stores and this too makes my husband very happy lol!
Dislike Last Update
With the last update, you took away the clock that was at the top of the page, it was so helpful before not having to look elsewhere for the time. You also took away my ability to read in bed. I love to read before going to sleep and by changing my iPad brightness setting all the way down plus Overdrive brightness setting all the way down, it allowed me to read in bed while my husband slept. It was also dark enough that it did not wire my brain up allowed me to fall asleep. But now the lowest setting in Overdrive is extremely bright and no longer allows me to do this. So frustrated. Any chance of bringing these changes back?
Overdrive is a great app. It provides super access to library lending of e-books. I love reading an article about a book or hearing from a friend, and adding it to my hold list or bookshelf immediately. It can be a bit buggy at times (having to log in with library card number more than once seems totally extraneous) and there are a few fixes that would increase usability significantly (previously read books, favorite authors/genres list, orientation lock, clock on reading screen) but overall - I love this app and use it on a daily basis.