OverDrive – Library eBooks and Audiobooks
By OverDrive, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Borrow eBooks, audiobooks, and streaming video from your library using OverDrive on your iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch. More than 30,000 libraries worldwide offer titles from OverDrive, so download the app and find your next book today!
• Available 24/7, now the library comes to you.
• No more late fees. Titles are automatically returned.
• Place holds, create wish lists, and return titles easily.
• Sync libraries, bookmarks, and recent positions across mobile devices.
• A valid account with a participating library, school, or other institution is required.
• Each library builds its own collection of titles. Contact them directly to let them know that you’re using OverDrive and to share any suggestions for books you would like to see them carry.
What's New in Version 3.5.4
• Fixed several bugs related to downloading eBooks.
• Fixed an issue that caused the app to crash sometimes when turning the page in an eBook.
• Minor UI improvements
Stay tuned, more fixes and improvements are on the way. Thank you for using OverDrive!
Meh. Could be so much better
Concept of media from the library in digi form is great. Execution still leaves much to be desired. Getting set up the first time is so hard it keeps you out unless you are obsessively persistent, or get help from your local librarian. The interface is awkward and Inelegant. It is better that it was a few versions ago (I'm a long time user). However, it misses too many obvious basics still. Example: you are on the bookshelf, and can see the thumbnail covers of books you have checked out, and downloaded (to the OverDrive app locally on your iPad). Tap the book to open it. Nothing happens - the book should act like a button and show you that you've pressed it, then the spinning "working" icon should appear. Nope. Nothing. The book might open. Might not. No difference in what you see while waiting though.
But, it is free books, movies, magazines, so...
Love this ap
I haven't listen to my radio in years. Whenever I'm in the car I listen to audiobooks on Overdrive that I have downloaded from my local library. I have Overdrive on my iPhone 6S Plus and my iPad Air and it works great on both devices and will also sync between the devices. You can save your login information so that you can sign in from Overdrive right into your library without rekeying the barcode info. If you don't use iTunes to download the audio books or e-books (download directly to Overdrive), you can return them whenever you're finished.
Good, but easy to lose your place
I love the idea of this app but I do have a problem when I lose my place, it's hard to find it again (with audiobooks). Especially if you're only downloading one file at a time, I've had it start a book completely over on me when I tried to get to the next chapter. Also, when I downloaded the app originally I didn't know audiobooks downloaded in multiple files. For some reason only every other file downloaded so I was skipping chapters. Not so much an issue now that I know what to look out for though.