OverDrive Media Console – Library eBooks and Audiobooks
By OverDrive, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Read eBooks, listen to audiobooks, and watch streaming video from your library using OverDrive Media Console (OMC) on iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch. More than 28,000 libraries worldwide offer titles via OverDrive, so download the app and add your library today.
· Available 24/7, your library never closes.
· No more late fees. Titles are automatically returned.
· Place holds, create wish lists, and return titles easily.
· A valid account with a participating library, school, or other institution is required.
· Each library builds its own collection of titles. Contact them directly to let them know that you’re using OMC and to share any suggestions for books you would like to see them carry.
Sync recent position, bookmarks, and Adobe ID across devices using your OverDrive account. Please note:
· OMC v3.0 (or newer) must be installed on all devices.
· OMC v3.1 (or newer) is required to sync Adobe IDs.
· OMC v3.0 must be authorized with the same Adobe ID on all devices.
· The same OverDrive account and Adobe ID must be used to log in on all devices.
· Titles must be downloaded to all devices.
What's New in Version 3.1.0
· Ability to sync Adobe ID using your OverDrive account.
· Built-in iOS dictionaries now available in eBook reader.
· Custom video player for streaming videos.
· Bug fixes and UI enhancements.
Update 3.1 complete failure
The latest update that just came out totally made this app useless. It will no longer properly download books from one's library, which causes the books not to play. Overdrive wasn't a great app before this update but at least it worked. And this problem with downloading of titles is caused by the Overdrive app and not the library's so your local library will not be able to help you this problem. I find it absurd that a glitch this massive was allowed to occur, and that those responsible need to fix this problem immediately.
Fix this problem
So I'm frustrated because there isn't a way to contact OverDrive Support! My library isn't going to be able to fix this problem. Before the update that came out today I was able to swipe from right to left on my bookmarks to delete them. I'm unable to do that now. I have to do it the harder way. Can you please fix this? I'm sure it's just a bug and it's really not that big of deal. What's a bigger deal is that I cannot find a way to contact Support for the app.
I can't log in
I thought it was me; but now that I read the other comments for this update, I'm seriously angry. I can't log in anymore. What a surprise when I opened the app to continue reading my book and it asked for a log in. It's been so long since I've done this (Did it the first time a couple of years ago I guess.), I'm guessing at my password. When I asked for a reset, the app came back and said it didn't have my email as a user. Funny, because I get notices frequently for held books. Bottom line-I CANT GET TO MY BOOKS!
- Category: Books
- Updated: Apr 18, 2014
- Version: 3.1.0
- Size: 22.3 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: OverDrive, Inc.
- © 2014 OverDrive, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.