By Abbie Gonzalez
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
If you are anything like me, sometimes you need to follow a line of text in a book with a bookmark or index card. Sometimes, you can even find a colored overlay to help you keep your focus while reading.
Try to use a bookmark on your monitor and it's awkward. Until now. Overlays! displays a translucent bar on your screen that's controlled by the mouse.
Use to help with reading, or sometimes to help following large tables and lists of data. Battle the wall of text, eyestrain and distractions with this on screen overlay to help you keep your place!
- Keep your place in huge walls of text, tables and lists.
- Pick the color, height and transparency that helps you read better.
- Use a lightly colored overlay, or a completely solid line to help you keep focused. Pick what works for you!
- Easily access preferences from the menu bar icon.
- Works in full screen applications, and even over virtual machines.
What's New in Version 1.1
- Multiple Monitor support
- Fixed offset slider showing incorrect setting
- Added activate/deactivate in menu
Can't Cover Whole Screen, Won't Stay Put
It does one thing:
It displays a narrow horizontal overlay, for people who find that helps them read.
It can't display a full-screen overlay, for people who find that would help us read.
It won't stay put. It moves with the mouse cursor, so it doesn't help me keep my place, it hurts my eyes, and it doesn't help me avoid hurting my eyes.
same at the other review
Now how do I close it and trash?!