A complete new way to translate - with a perfect balance between simplicity and power, incredible features and a great design.
HERE’S HOW OVERSPOT WORKS
1. Define Frequently Used Languages
Select languages you frequently translate into and 'Default' target language. You can choose from more than 100 languages.
2. Define Shortcuts
To seamlessly translate any text from anywhere you need to define only three shortcuts.
– Shortcut for ‘Spotlight Translation’
– Shortcut for quick translation from clipboard to ‘default’ target language that you have defined in step 1.
– Shortcut to show ‘Quick Translation Menu’, that shows a list of Frequently Used Languages, so you can quickly translate in one of yours predefined languages.
3. Copy & Translate
Now you can copy a text from everywhere (Safari, TextEditor, Pages, etc.) press one of keyboard shortcuts you’ve just defined to:
– translate copied text into ‘default’ target language
– show 'Quick Translation Menu' and choose an output language
4. Spotlight/Quick Translation
Press the keyboard shortcut to present Spotlight Translation Window, type any text you want and press ‘Return’ button. Overspot automatically detects an input language and your text will be immediately translated in all languages, you’ve defined as ‘frequently used’.
No worries ;-) At first start Overspot will glide you over all settings, so you will be ready to translate any text in less than two Minutes.
If you have any questions, or run into any trouble - please contact us. We’ll be glad to help you.
Good news, everyone! Now you can copy translated text from the spotlight translation. Just press up or down arrow, select translation you need and press return key.
Besides that, we just took Overspot for a successful bug hunt.
Ratings and Reviews
Great idea - NIce App
its a great start with a lot of improvements welcomed.
i wish it had; speech, larger zoom capabilities (its a little small for 27 in Mac), copy / paste text, orginization of langunges ( manually or by fammily group), all langunges are curntly in random order, it would just make scense that the romance languges are grouped together and russian and german etc. are not randomly mixed between spanish and french.
Thanks for the great review! Could you please contact me at email@example.com to clarify some points from your suggestions.
- Ruslan Sayfutdinov
- 10.8 MB
- macOS 10.13 or later, 64-bit processor
- English, Catalan, Czech, Dutch, French, German, Greek, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Redactry
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.