OWA for iPad
By Microsoft Corporation
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
IMPORTANT: You need to have the latest update of Office 365 for business to use this app. If you’re not sure about your account status, please contact your IT department before installing.
With OWA for iPad you can:
Get work done faster with email
- Organize your email quickly with Conversation View, Mark as Junk, Flag, and Categories
- Quickly search or browse email in all folders including Outlook Favorites
Manage your schedule with ease
- Schedule meetings using attendee free/busy and room finder
- View shared calendars including delegate support
- Use your voice to look up a contact or bring up your schedule
Keep business data secure
- Remote wipe erases only your corporate data in OWA for iPad and leaves your personal data on the device alone
- Separate passcode for OWA for iPad provides an additional layer of security
- The mailbox must be on the latest update of Office 365 for business or Exchange Online
- iPad must be iPad 2 or higher and have iOS 6 or higher
What's New in Version 1.0.9
- Minor bug fixes
How are you supposed to log out? No security!
I need to figure out how you log out of this? On a shared iPad you don't want everyone to get into your corporate email. Or what if the iPad is lost or stolen? A simple logout button would be great that takes you back to a login screen where it could remember just the user name but require the password to get in.
Or even take it a step further like some credit card apps you can setup a PIN number and that would let you in and out easily but keep your email away from prying eyes. This app is majorly flawed and cannot be used until it supports this. The look and feel of the app and ability to look at shared calendars like you would through the real Outlook is great, but theres just this major security flaw I cannot get my head around.
Good for still lacking enterprise features...
Great app for simple thing, but it lacks the refinement of OWA and other Microsoft products. I wonder why Microsoft pushes out half baked products. Missing feature: password change requires a complete reinstallation of this product (at least with the version I was using...). Shared calendar wasn't supported. I am not even sure if this app will be supported at this point with relatively excellent outlook for iOS. It's frustrating that Microsoft is not able to release a version that can do everything that enterprise customer needs. It's a great app for some use, but it's far from the perfect or enterprise ready.
Really Good Now
I've been using the OWA app for a few months and it's been getting better and better. I'm able to keep up with my office e-mail on my iPad mini while running between meetings and while on my morning commute. I find that I can quickly dictate new messages and respond to messages using Siri -- I think it's even faster than typing (and I type very quickly so I'm surprised). Highly recommended app!
- Category: Business
- Updated: Jan 29, 2015
- Version: 1.0.9
- Size: 8.6 MB
- Languages: English, Catalan, Chinese, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Microsoft Corporation
- © 2014 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.