OWA for iPhone
By Microsoft Corporation
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
IMPORTANT: You need to have the latest update of Office 365 for business to use this app. If you’re not sure about your account status, please contact your IT department before installing.
With OWA for iPhone you can:
Get work done faster with email
- Organize your email quickly with Conversation View, Mark as Junk, Flag, and Categories
- Quickly search or browse email in all folders including Outlook Favorites
Manage your schedule with ease
- Schedule meetings using attendee free/busy and room finder
- View shared calendars including delegate support
- Use your voice to look up a contact or bring up your schedule
Keep business data secure
- Remote wipe erases only your corporate data in OWA for iPhone and leaves your personal data on the device alone
- Separate passcode for OWA for iPhone provides an additional layer of security
- The mailbox must be on the latest update of Office 365 for business or Exchange Online
- iPhone must be iPhone 4S or higher and have iOS 6 or higher
What's New in Version 1.0.10
- Minor bug fixes
Could be Much Better
As an expert in the field of user experience, I know this app didn't have adequate usability testing.
An example of this is that unless I add Exchange to the Apple Mail app, I need to track appointments and email in 2 places. If I add Exchange to the Mail configuration I have 2 copies of all my email and duplicate notifications I have to decide how to configure my way around.
Another example: I can't figure out how to delete a contact or a single occurrence of a repeating appointment.
There are screens that have no obvious navigation back to the previous screen. This happens when you select a contact and tap the “Manage...” Link. I did eventually figure out that swiping across the screen closes the manage screen, but this is non-standard.
In the final analysis I find it useful but annoying.
I use this app because it's the only way I can access my school email. With that being said, this app is garbage.
How does an atrocious creation like this even make it to the App Store? I didn't pay for this app, yet I feel like I paid too much. A disgrace. An embarrassment.
It crashes. You try to open it, and it crashes. Try to open again, it crashes. Once more, it crashes. Finally you make it into the app, congratulations. Things are just getting started.
You know that long message you just typed to your professor about your paper due in the morning? Yeah, it didn't send. But you wouldn't know that, because this app doesn't notify you 100% of the time. And don't bother looking in your drafts, because it didn't save there either.
And do you love notifications? Because this app loves to notify you of emails you've already opened, even some that are days old!
"Oh look, I got an email." *opens app*
"oh wait, it's just an email that I've already opened twice, and even replied to. Thanks for letting me know it's still there."
If you love the paranoia of if your important email sent or not, or if you love being falsely informed of *new* mail, or if you just love spending 3 minutes trying to open up an app, this is the email app for you!
I don't even know what OWA stands for.
1. Delayed Badge notification of new emails. It takes much longer for the badge to show and update than both the native mail app and the Outlook app take.
2. Feedback link in the app is broken. I guess they don't want to hear out suggestions or complaints. The Error reporting link and Diagnostics links are also broken.
3. Random Annoying refresh of the entire app when returning to the app while it is already open.
I still gave it 3 stars because the added functionality that I have found in it over Outlook, but it seems with a broken Feedback link, they will not be listening to our suggestions for improvement. I am not sure why they don't just remove those broken links. This gigantic company can't simply fix a few of these issues?
- Category: Business
- Updated: Jun 04, 2015
- Version: 1.0.10
- Size: 8.3 MB
- Languages: English, Catalan, Chinese, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Microsoft Corporation
- © 2014 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 4s, iPhone 5, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPad Wi-Fi (3rd generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (3rd generation), iPad Wi-Fi (4th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (4th generation), iPad mini Wi-Fi, iPad mini Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro, iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPod touch (5th generation), and iPod touch (6th generation).