OWA for iPhone
By Microsoft Corporation
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
IMPORTANT: You need to have the latest update of Office 365 for business to use this app. If you’re not sure about your account status, please contact your IT department before installing.
With OWA for iPhone you can:
Get work done faster with email
- Organize your email quickly with Conversation View, Mark as Junk, Flag, and Categories
- Quickly search or browse email in all folders including Outlook Favorites
Manage your schedule with ease
- Schedule meetings using attendee free/busy and room finder
- View shared calendars including delegate support
- Use your voice to look up a contact or bring up your schedule
Keep business data secure
- Remote wipe erases only your corporate data in OWA for iPhone and leaves your personal data on the device alone
- Separate passcode for OWA for iPhone provides an additional layer of security
- The mailbox must be on the latest update of Office 365 for business or Exchange Online
- iPhone must be iPhone 4S or higher and have iOS 6 or higher
What's New in Version 1.0.10
- Minor bug fixes
Could be Much Better
As an expert in the field of user experience, I know this app didn't have adequate usability testing.
An example of this is that unless I add Exchange to the Apple Mail app, I need to track appointments and email in 2 places. If I add Exchange to the Mail configuration I have 2 copies of all my email and duplicate notifications I have to decide how to configure my way around.
Another example: I can't figure out how to delete a contact or a single occurrence of a repeating appointment.
There are screens that have no obvious navigation back to the previous screen. This happens when you select a contact and tap the “Manage...” Link. I did eventually figure out that swiping across the screen closes the manage screen, but this is non-standard.
In the final analysis I find it useful but annoying.
1. Delayed Badge notification of new emails. It takes much longer for the badge to show and update than both the native mail app and the Outlook app take.
2. Feedback link in the app is broken. I guess they don't want to hear out suggestions or complaints. The Error reporting link and Diagnostics links are also broken.
3. Random Annoying refresh of the entire app when returning to the app while it is already open.
I still gave it 3 stars because the added functionality that I have found in it over Outlook, but it seems with a broken Feedback link, they will not be listening to our suggestions for improvement. I am not sure why they don't just remove those broken links. This gigantic company can't simply fix a few of these issues?
Great calendar, better than iOS calendar!
While this app feels very “Windows 8,” the calendar portion seem to have most of the key features you would fine in Outlook, which is huge! I can forward meeting and reply to meeting events too. I can set out of office messages too from the app. The mail client in the app is OK. I wish I could customize the mail side a bit to shirk the height of each message. Also wish it would work horizontal. I am giving this a high rate because the calendar is that great.
- Category: Business
- Updated: Jun 04, 2015
- Version: 1.0.10
- Size: 8.3 MB
- Languages: English, Catalan, Chinese, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Microsoft Corporation
- © 2014 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPad Wi-Fi (3rd generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (3rd generation), iPad Wi-Fi (4th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (4th generation), iPad mini Wi-Fi, iPad mini Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, and iPod touch (5th generation). This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.