Play the most captivating of the African sowing games!
• Learn to play in less than 5 minutes with a step-by-step tutorial
• Play online against friends or other players from all over the world on Game Center
• Play against the artificial intelligence, with 5 difficulty levels available in the free version: Beginner, Easy, Intermediate, Medium and Hard
• Improve your high scores to get to the top of the Game Center rankings!
3D game board with high resolution textures:
• Change the viewing angle by dragging 2 fingers
• Zoom by pinching
• Adjust the grain distribution speed
Buy the Premium version to add these benefits:
• No ads
• 2 additional levels of difficulty: Pro level and the virtually unbeatable Master level!
• Double points during online play (40 instead of 20 for victory, 10 instead of 5 for defeat)
The step between the level Easy and the level Medium was too high.
So I added an intermediate level, and I called it... Intermediate !
Ratings and Reviews
Update: Game still occasionally gets stuck, and only recourse is to quit the game. There’s too big a skill gap between Easy (I almost always win) and Intermediate(almost never win). As mentioned elsewhere, an Undo button would be nice.
I haven’t played this type of game in many years (since I had a similar app on my Mac)., and I really like this version.
I was glad to see the addition of the Intermediate level. Unfortunately, the first time I tried it, the game eventually got stuck. I still had a move left, but got no response when I tapped the pit, and there was no loss or other indication from the app.
Exciting and soothing at the same time
I'm new to oware but I'm already addicted to this app! The game itself provides the thrill -- but my real love of this app in particular comes from the graphics and sound. The rhythmic sound of the ticking stones as they drop into piles is soothing. I love that it's uniform stones versus different colored beads -- it makes the counting easier. The tutorial also helped a lot.
this game is hard...
I was able to beat beginner and easy pretty quick, but I beat medium maybe one out if 20 times. I wish there was some more useful strategy info online.
But the game and program are awesome!
One feature I would love to see is the ability to go back through a game to find out where I went wrong.
- Rodolphe Boulanger
- 31.6 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, French
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2018 Rodolphe Boulanger
- In-App Purchases
- Premium version $1.99
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.