Owly - Prevent Display Sleep
By FIPLAB Ltd
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Say hello to Owly, a cute little fellow who lives in your Mac’s menu bar and does its best to prevent your Mac from automatically sleeping. What this means is that Owly ensures your Mac’s screen never goes dim, no screen savers appear and that your Mac doesn’t enter sleep mode.
By right clicking the Owly icon on the menubar, the app can toggle on/off. When the icon is red, Owly is active and will keep your Mac wide awake. When the icon is black, the app is no longer actively ensuring your Mac doesn’t enter sleep.
Owly is useful for when you want to keep certain information showing on your screen whilst whilst you may not be using the keyboard/mouse actively.
Some examples are:
- Watching a video (non fullscreen mode) and you don’t want your Mac to sleep
- If you are using your screen to view live updating stats
- If you are downloading files and want to be able to monitor the status whilst you may be sat at a distance from your Mac
To access Owly’s Preferences, simply click on the menubar icon. Owly can be customized as follows:
- Set it to launch at login
- The app can be made to appear in the dock
- Adjust the duration for which you want Owly to be active
- Toggle on/off a countdown timer on your menubar for how long Owly will remain active
- Adjust the app to allow your Mac to sleep after a selected battery percentage threshold
We've spent a great deal of time thinking about the details and after using this app for a few days, you'll begin to notice our small yet creative touches. We plan on a very active development cycle, so please spread the word and keep sending us your feedback!
What's New in Version 1.9
- Added support for macOS High Sierra
- Bug fix
No issues and it’s extremely convenient to be able to change these settings from the task bar.
This is an every day must have!
If you use your iMac for business, you need this app, every day. Prevents so much frustration!
Simple, effective, elegant
It does just what it says on the tin and looks great, too. Attention to detail is evident. Requires 0.1% CPU, which is perfectly acceptable. Recommended.
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Oct 25, 2017
- Version: 1.9
- Size: 5.9 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: FIPLAB Ltd
- © 2017 FIPLAB Ltd
Compatibility: OS X 10.7 or later, 64-bit processor