Welcome to the ownCloud iOS app – Add an ownCloud server, and have your private file sync and share cloud up and running in no time.
Do you need private file sync and share software? Then good news, because the ownCloud iOS App enables you to connect iOS devices to a private ownCloud server running in your data center. ownCloud is open source file sync and share software for everyone from individuals operating the free ownCloud server, to large enterprises and service providers operating under ownCloud Enterprise subscriptions.
ownCloud provides a safe, secure and compliant file sync and share solution – on servers you control.
With the ownCloud iOS App you can browse all of your ownCloud synced files, create and edit new files, share these files and folders with co-workers, and keep the contents of those folders in sync across all of your devices. Simply copy a file into a directory on your server and ownCloud does the rest.
Whether using a mobile device, a desktop, or the web client, ownCloud provides the ability to put the right files in the right hands at the right time on any device in one simple-to-use, secure, private and controlled solution. After all, with ownCloud, it’s Your Cloud, Your Data, Your Way.
Visit our websites for more information, including the .com for commercial offerings, and .org for the open source version
- New look for public link view
- Add control of reshares for the content owner
- Fix problem in the browsability of target folder selection
- Fix full screen in MSOffice documents for iPad
- Bug fixing
Ratings and Reviews
Good start but needs some work
Auto upload is the feature I want the most. It works sometimes but not consistently. I have to keep killing the app and restarting to to kick off the upload. If auto upload doesn't work it is impossible to see what files you have already uploaded because the display is truncated. So then selecting all will work because it will throw errors when there is a conflict, but the errors are notifications that show up on the badge count and you have to swipe each one individually to dismiss.
The photo browsing is also nowhere near what Dropbox and carousel offer. It works, but is really slow and doesn't seem to prefetch anything so you have to wait for each image to download. It would be nice to at least have a thumbnail generated to get a rough idea before clicking through to load it.
Absolute basic functionality works and is effective, it just needs quite a bit of refinement.
A very crappy app for a nice service
I came across with this owncloud service using my Qnap, I thing is neat, I even stopped using OneDrive and Google Photos BUT, this app is a total piece of junk. Is unstable, huge lack of features (are you kidding me, there is not even "Select All" function!!!) at the point that I'm considering go back to OneDrive. I'm not a business, I was just looking for cloud solution that allows all of our Smartphones make pictures backup/sync to my home NAS but in the background without any user interaction, well, the app does that, but only does that. I'm not even going to mention how slow it performs, my whole network is running gigabit and the wireless radio at the maximum and this thing synchronizes probably 1 picture every 30 seconds, is ridiculous, and I setup the service using MySQL, not the crappy SQL lite they have from default. Bottom line, I will love to see a real app for this service, I will pay even more than a buck if really works and do the job right.
Not fully baked
1. I can’t upload anything, but can browse just fine. The UI is horrible. You have to switch over to the “Uploads” tab to see file(s) uploading. It just says “Waiting for server connection.” I’ve yet to see anything uploaded, however I can use my WebDAV client and it uploads content just fine.
2. I like that the app supports the iOS Share Sheet, however it isn’t fully baked either. After you use iOS’ share sheet, it tells you that you have to go open the app to actually upload it. I get that, because I know you have to select a folder. But then it does the same thing as #1 and just sits there. It never uploads.
Hopefully this recommended app for ownCloud can be improved. As it stands, I have to upload via another means (such as an iOS WebDAV client) and then return to this app to get a public share link. It’s a half baked and frustrating multi-step process. Until it’s head is on straight, they shouldn’t be charging any money for it. I feel a bit robbed...
"I like that the app supports the iOS Share Sheet, however it isn’t fully baked either." - We put it in the oven again. Now it is completely baked. Try it out. ^cs
- ownCloud Inc.
- 35.4 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Albanian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Finnish, French, Galician, German, Greek, Hebrew, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Portuguese, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Slovenian, Spanish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this app.
- Unrestricted Web Access
- © 2018 ownCloud GmbH
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.