Play the opening for free. In-app purchase of the full game.
Choose your fate in this critically-acclaimed supernatural adventure.
“Oxenfree takes the best parts of supernatural 1980's teenage horror films and combines it with believable characters, beautiful set pieces, and a haunting VHS synth-pop soundtrack to create a masterpiece.” - 10/10 from CGMagOnline
"What “Stranger Things” was to Netflix, “Oxenfree” was to the video game world." - LA TIMES
"Oxenfree stands firm as a smart supernatural tale that crawls to a chilling end." - KILLSCREEN
“There’s no filler here, just an increasingly fascinating, emotional story steeped in the paranormal. Night School Studio’s first effort is a brilliant one.” - FORBES
Oxenfree is a supernatural thriller about a group of friends who unwittingly open a ghostly rift. Play as Alex, a bright, rebellious teenager who brings her new stepbrother Jonas to an overnight party on an old military island. The night takes a terrifying turn when you unwittingly open a ghostly gate spawned from the island’s cryptic past. How you deal with these events, your peers, and the ominous creatures you’ve unleashed is up to you.
Determine every aspect of Alex's story while exploring Edwards Island, uncovering the base's dark past, and changing the course of your friends' lives.
• Oxenfree can be played in both touchscreen and controller modes, allowing you to switch between play styles seamlessly.
• An intelligent conversation system changes the story and your relationships based on every decision.
• The unique radio mechanic allows Alex to communicate with mysterious spectres and manipulate her world.
• Multiple mysteries to unravel, spanning decades and lifetimes.
Fixed a bug that kept legacy users from bypassing the IAP gate.
Ratings and Reviews
Teenagers go to a remote place, weird stuff happens. That we’ve seen. From there, though, this indie adventure floored us with a fresh take on coming-of-age stories and the supernatural. The dialogue and characters, the striking visuals—games rarely feel so rich. “We hope people finish Oxenfree knowing that their choices mattered,” the devs told us. Mission accomplished: watching our decisions shape the outcome was deeply rewarding.
A wonderful game
I adore this game. I discovered it online and watched a play through of it around the time when it came out, and bought myself soon after. For some reason though, after having since finished and deleted the game ages ago, it doesn’t recognize that I’d paid for the full game. I can download the free version, but now the full game costs money again. And I can’t find any way to restore my purchase. It’s likely iTunes’ fault, it’s just a bit sad I can’t replay the game again, as I can’t afford to purchase it again. A wonderful experience though, and I would recommend it to anyone!
Confusing and religious
Frustrating and high drama
In-App PurchasesSee All
- Night School Studio, LLC
- 1.6 GB
- Requires iOS 9.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, 12.9-inch iPad Pro, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, 9.7-inch iPad Pro, 9.7-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad (5th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (5th generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro (2nd generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular (2nd generation), 10.5-inch iPad Pro, 10.5-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (6th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (6th generation), iPad Pro (11-inch), iPad Pro (11-inch), iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (3rd generation), iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (3rd generation), and iPod touch (6th generation).
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- © 2016 Night School Studio, LLC
- In-App Purchases
- Oxenfree - Full Game $4.99
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.