Oxford Chinese Dictionary is the most renowned bilingual dictionary available today. This extensive supplemental material includes grammar notes, example letters and emails, and guides to telephoning and text messaging, perfect for students, or those working in Chinese or English. As one of the flagship products in the Oxford University Press catalog of dictionaries, the app features learning tools designed by a vastly experienced developer.
WHAT MAKES OXFORD DICTIONARY OF CHINESE BETTER THAN OTHER DICTIONARIES?
• The very latest vocabulary edition, with over 300,000 words, phrases and meanings to ensure accurate translations.
• Tens of thousands of regionally specific entries reflecting the unique richness and global adaptability of Chinese.
• Produced in association with Foreign Language Teaching & Research Press (FLTRP), using the latest lexicographic methods.
• 75,000 audio pronunciations of both common and rare words, including those with varying pronunciations (Premium only).
LATEST APP UPDАТES:
• Learn in style with any of the four colorful new themes – The colorful layout will turn your learning experience into an enjoyable routine. Customize your dictionary and benefit from the cheerful mood your favorite color brings you.
• Dive right into the intricacies of the language - With new and convenient Home page, sleeker and more intuitive visual layout, as well as innovations in the speed of searches, you can get to the desired entry faster than ever.
• Translate and learn as you speak by using Talk & Translate – Use the speech recognition & text-to-speech app by downloading it for Free from the App Store. The great synergy between the two apps will be there to help you optimize your studies.
SEARCH TOOLS - quickly find words with the clear, functional, and easy-to-use interface.
Designed to provide the most comprehensive search experience, the dictionary combines several search tools to match or predict what are you looking for, including:
• Search autocomplete helps you find words quickly by displaying predictions as you type.
• Keyword lookup allows you to search within compound words and phrases.
• Camera search looks up words in the camera viewfinder and displays results in seconds.
• Voice search helps you find an entry when you don’t know how a word is spelled.
Looking for a specific word but don't know how it's spelled? We've got you covered with our automatic ‘Fuzzy filter’ to correct word spelling, as well as ‘Wild card’ ('*' or '?') to replace a letter or entire parts of a word.
LEARNING TOOLS - engaging features that help you further enhance your vocabulary. Designed to give you freedom to structure your studies, the dictionary combines several learning tools to help you be more organized, including:
• ‘Favorites’ that allow you to create custom folders with lists of words.
• Recent list which helps you to easily review looked-up words.
• Swipe-to-delete functionality in the Recent and Favorites menus.
• Word-of-the-day option to teach you a new word every day.
Get even more with PREMIUM:
• Audio pronunciation - Learn words faster with the integrated pronunciations.
• Offline mode - Save words on your device and view them without internet connection.
• Priority support - Get support with priority for any app-related issues.
• No ads – Enjoy an ad-free learning experience.
PRICING & SUBSCRIPTIONS
Premium Subscription is available for $14.99/year. The Premium Subscription includes a free trial. After the trial period expires you will be charged for yearly subscription though your Apple ID account. Any unused portion of the free trial period will be forfeited when you purchase the subscription. Your subscription will automatically renew unless canceled at least 24 hours before the end of the subscription period. You can manage your subscription after purchase through your Account Settings.
• Updated 2018 database
• Offline mode feature
• Bug fixes and performance improvements
Ratings and Reviews
Disagree with awful above
I have found the Oxford Chinese app to be extremely useful with none of the issues mentioned by the one star rating above.
This is by far the worst app I have ever tried to use. Completely unusable. Pop up ads that you cannot close abound. Full screen commercials start running with no way to close them. Really disappointed in what I used to think of as a reputable company.
When you look up an English word, the Chinese translation doesn’t include the pinyin, so you can’t look it up, or even pronounce it unless you’ve memorized all the Chinese characters. And in that case you wouldn’t need the dictionary.
- MobiSystems, Inc.
- 234.3 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2018 MobiSystems, Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Oxford Chinese Dictionary Free IAP $9.99
- OCDFree_50 $4.99
- Oxford Chinese Subscription $9.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.