Oxford Dictionary of English
By MobiSystems, Inc.
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
WHAT MAKES OXFORD DICTIONARY OF ENGLISH FREE BETTER THAN ALL OTHER DICTIONARIES?
* NEW! Stay up-to-date with the very latest words and expressions, brought to you by the most recent 2017 database update by the Oxford University Press.
* The most comprehensive coverage of English from around the world.
* The very latest vocabulary, with over 350,000 words, phrases and meanings.
* Thousands of words and sentences derived from the latest research from the Oxford English Corpus.
* About 75,000 audio pronunciations of both common and rare words, including words with controversial or variant pronunciations.
* With the addition of a convenient Home page, a sleeker and more intuitive visual layout, as well as innovations in the speed of searches you can delve right into the intricacies of English faster and easier than ever!
* Translate and learn as you speak by using Talk & Translate– A speech recognition and text-to-speech app separate from this dictionary, which you can download for Free from the App Store. Whether you’re travelling or simply want to optimize your study of English, the great synergy between the two apps will be there to help you.
The current edition includes thousands of additional words and sentences, brought to you by the most recent 2017 database update by the Oxford University Press, as well as up-to-date encyclopedic information. Ideal for anyone who needs a comprehensive and authoritative dictionary of current English; for professionals, students, academics, and for use at work or at home.
This is a mobile dictionary with content from Oxford University Press and advanced search and language tools that have become the staple of quality language apps from MobiSystems.
SEARCH TOOLS – effortlessly find words using a clear, functional, and easy-to-use interface. The integrated search tools activate automatically the moment you start typing:
* Search autocomplete helps find words quickly by displaying predictions as you type
* Keyword lookup allows you to search within compound words and phrases
* An automatic ‘Fuzzy filter’ to correct word spelling, as well as ‘Wild card’ ('*' or '?') to replace a letter or entire parts of a word
* Camera search automatically searches for words in the camera viewfinder and displays results
LEARNING TOOLS – engaging features that help you further enhance your vocabulary:
* ‘Favorites’ feature to create custom folders with lists of words from the extensive library
* ‘Recent’ list to help you easily review looked-up words
* ‘Word of the day’ section to help expand your vocabulary every day
If you have any questions, feedback or suggestions please contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What's New in Version 10.0.5
* Audio optimizations - smaller audio files size, smaller app size, same quality
* Bug fixes and performance improvements
The Real English Dictionary
Best dictionary you can get. If your looking for "real English," this is the best choice. Personally, I like keeping it proper English before we end up with a mess of a new one. Wish all of we “Yanks” felt as I have most of my sixty five years.
This is the first place I always go to when I need to find a definition or pronunciation of a word. I love the design. It is very clear and concise, easy to use.
Love the app, but recent updates/refresh have left the favorites list broken. On initial start of app it will let you select a favorited word, but going back to your favorite list to select a word it stalls or just returns to the previously looked up word.
- Category: Reference
- Updated: Nov 22, 2017
- Version: 10.0.5
- Size: 225 MB
- Languages: English, Catalan
- Seller: MobiSystems, Inc.
- © 2017 MobiSystems, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.