The Oxford Spanish Dictionary is the most trusted and widely adopted Spanish bilingual dictionary available. It is used as a key reference tool by language professionals as it offers over 300,000 words and phrases, 500,000 translations, and is full of grammatical usage information for both languages. Regarded as one of the flagship products in Oxford University Press catalog of dictionaries, the app features advanced search and learning tools designed by a vastly experienced developer.
WHAT MAKES OXFORD DICTIONARY OF SPANISH BETTER THAN OTHER DICTIONARIES?
• The very latest vocabulary (2018 edition), with over 300,000 words, phrases and meanings.
• Tens of thousands of regionally specific entries reflecting the unique richness and global adaptability of the Spanish language.
• 75,000 audio pronunciations of both common and rare words, including those with varying pronunciations (Premium only)
This app is tailored to professionals, students, and academics, as well as anyone who needs a comprehensive and authoritative dictionary of current Spanish at work or at home.
LATEST APP UPDАТES:
• Learn in style with any of the four colorful new themes – The colorful layout will turn your learning experience into an enjoyable routine. Customize your dictionary and benefit from the cheerful mood your favorite color brings you.
• Dive right into the intricacies of the language - With new and convenient Home page, sleeker and more intuitive visual layout, as well as innovations in the speed of searches, you can get to the desired entry faster than ever.
• Translate and learn as you speak by using Talk & Translate – Use the speech recognition & text-to-speech app by downloading it for Free from the App Store. The great synergy between the two apps will be there to help you optimize your studies.
SEARCH TOOLS - quickly find words with the clear, functional, and easy-to-use interface.
Designed to provide the most comprehensive search experience, the dictionary combines several search tools to match or predict what are you looking for, including:
• Search autocomplete helps you find words quickly by displaying predictions as you type.
• Keyword lookup allows you to search within compound words and phrases.
• Camera search looks up words in the camera viewfinder and displays results in seconds.
• Voice search helps you find an entry when you don’t know how a word is spelled.
Looking for a specific word but don't know how it's spelled? We've got you covered with our automatic ‘Fuzzy filter’ to correct word spelling, as well as ‘Wild card’ ('*' or '?') to replace a letter or entire parts of a word.
LEARNING TOOLS - engaging features that help you further enhance your vocabulary. Designed to give you freedom to structure your studies, the dictionary combines several learning tools to help you be more organized, including:
• ‘Favorites’ that allow you to create custom folders with lists of words.
• Recent list which helps you to easily review looked-up words.
• Swipe-to-delete functionality in the Recent and Favorites menus.
• Word-of-the-day option to teach you a new word every day.
Feel excited by the new word or definition you just learned? Share your discovery with friends on social media, email or any other option available on your device.
• Newest audio database version (2018 edition).
• Added four new colorful themes.
• Delete and sort entries with Favorites/Recent list.
• Keyboard matches the currently active language.
• Word-of-the-Day displays words from the selected language.
Ratings and Reviews
Quit pestering me for a 5 star rating.
I have already set the OS to disable this harassment. Your app still pesters me to rate it. It does this when I open the app. DO YOU THINK I OPEN THIS APP RANDOMLY? No!!!
I open it because I need to USE IT.
Then, when I need to use it, instead of being able to use it, I have to wait for your app to load the nag-screen and for it to display the button for me to dismiss the annoyance and hope I remember what I came to look up, which is made HARDER when I have to stop to be annoyed by the nagging.
If at least a year and a half passes without me being nagged in any iOS device where I use this app, to rate your app, (and suggesting what rating I give is a virtual guarantee I WON’T give you that rating,) I *MIGHT* consider revising, assuming I remember to do so.
What if I don’t remember? Well that’s just sad for the fool who made the mistake of nagging me for a rating, isn’t it?
Next time, DON’T DO THAT.
Remove this BUG where your app requires me to dismiss, periodically, an annoyance that makes it harder and less convenient to use your app and you won’t get 1-star ratings like this. (This message dated 12/12/18.)
Oh... If you write to me and ask me to revise or change this, it will become permanent. Try me.
Excellent resource, does much more than translation.
The only dictionary I need; it even works for verbs, too.
Always have a copy.
I find this dictionary quite extensive and useful. I have purchased this app several times for different devices it’s that essential to me.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.