Oxford Student’s Thesaurus
By MobiSystems, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
You can now access over 150 years of language experience at your fingertips with the new Oxford Student’s Thesaurus app.
Oxford School Dictionaries and Thesauruses are trusted, accessible and up-to-date. All content is backed by a unique database of many million words and based on real language students use. All our dictionaries give:
* Relevant, age-appropriate language
* Support for language development and writing skills
* Example sentences and real context showing how words are used in practice
The Oxford Student’s Thesaurus is suitable for students aged 14+, and is the ideal language reference tool for secondary school and home. With fast and easy word look-up of over 140,000 words, definitions, example sentences, synonyms word origins and language notes, this thesaurus app supports secondary school students and inspires them to become confident writers.
A dictionary application from Mobile Systems with licensed content from Oxford University Press.
A search tool
Featuring various search options to help you find the words you need more easily, including:
* A quick search of words while you type
* A ‘fuzzy filter’ when you are not sure of the correct spelling of a word
* A ‘keyword’ search for finding key words within compound words
* A wild card search facility which can replace a letter or a group of letters
A learning tool
The Oxford Student’s Thesarurus app includes a number of features which help you to grow your vocabulary further:
* A ‘Favourites’ feature allows you to create your own categories and lists of words from the extensive library, which includes comprehensive coverage of curriculum vocabulary
* Your last visited words are all saved in your ‘History’, so that you can quickly look back at recently checked words
* Discover more about language through the word origins, guidance on spelling, grammar and punctuation and the ‘Word of the day’ feature
* Fun and engaging word games like ‘Hangman’, ‘Word scramble’ and ‘Anagrams’ give the opportunity to use newly learnt words
- Category: Reference
- Released: Oct 26, 2012
- Version: 5.0.16
- Size: 10.5 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: MobiSystems, Inc.
- © 2012 Mobile Systems, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.