Oxford A-Z of Grammar and Punctuation 2nd edition
By Mobile Systems
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Giving examples of real usage, this software provides the basic information about grammar and punctuation that people need on a day-to-day basis. Arranged A-Z, it contains entries for standard grammatical terms as well as dealing with related questions of usage. Readers of all levels will find this guide essential.
•Over 250 questions of grammar and punctuation clearly explained
•Uses examples of real English to clarify grammatical points taken from the Oxford Corpus
•The supplementary section gives an overview of grammatical terms and the structure of English sentences
•Contains special longer entries on a wide range of subjects, such as the difference between active and passive
•Includes terms specified in the school National Strategies, making it suitable for homework as well as general use
In addition to explaining basic terms such as 'split infinitive', 'participle', and 'adverb', entries also discuss whether to use 'may' or 'might', 'that' or 'which', and 'it's' or 'its'. The Oxford A-Z of Grammar and Punctuation gives the reader quick and easy access to the answers to these, and many other, questions of grammar. It offers clear and coherent explanations, and illustrations across a broad range of topics, and is the first port of call for any reader seeking clear, authoritative help with grammar and punctuation.
Both easy to use and comprehensive, the Oxford A-Z of Grammar and Punctuation is an essential tool for writing at home, in the office, at school, and at college.
Author: John Seely
A SEARCH TOOL
Featuring search autocomplete to help you find words quickly by displaying predictions similar to the terms you're typing. You also get enhanced search extras including:
• A quick search of words while you type
• A 'fuzzy filter' when you are not sure of the correct spelling of a word
• A 'keyword' search for finding key words within compound words
• A wild card search function (*) which can replace a letter or entire parts of a word
A LEARNING TOOL
Including a number of features that help you further enhance your vocabulary:
• A 'Favorites' feature to create custom folders with lists of words from the extensive library, including cross-curriculum words
• History list to help you easily review looked-up words
• Discover more about language with the special language notes
• 'Word of the day' feature.
• See words in context with example sentences
• The 'Flashcards' feature will expand your vocabulary by testing your knowledge of newly-learned words.
A mobile dictionary application from MobiSystems with content from Oxford University Press.
What's New in Version 6.1.4
* Optimized for iOS 8
* New UI with improved search engine for optimal search results
Do not buy this
The interface is by search only. There is no table of contents, index, list by topic or sections.
I did a search for "predicate", I got nothing. Blank.
I did a search for "verbs". Not possible, I had to choose between ONLY "phrasal verbs" and "primary auxiliary verbs". Neither of which was my goal.
Add more words...
Irregular verbs - only 5 words((
where are the words?
10 words on the database?
- Category: Reference
- Updated: Nov 25, 2014
- Version: 6.1.4
- Size: 32.6 MB
- Languages: English, Catalan
- Seller: Mobile Systems
- © MobiSystems, 2011
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.