Oyster – The Best Way to Read Books
By Studio SBV, Inc
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Oyster is simply the best way to read.
Open the app to get access to over a million books including new releases, award-winners, indie favorites, and more. The books you get on Oyster will be synced to your app instantly and can even be read offline.
Named one of TechCrunch’s “Best Apps,” Oyster has been featured by The New Yorker, CNN, The TODAY Show, and The New York Times.
Subscribe to Oyster Unlimited to read more and save money. With Oyster Unlimited, a million books are all yours. Read as much as you'd like for one low monthly price.
Start your free trial of Oyster Unlimited today.
◇ Features ◇
• Read books from virtually every author in the world including James Patterson, Gillian Flynn, Stephen King, Anthony Doerr, Walter Isaacson, Donna Tartt, J.K. Rowling, and many, many more.
• Choose from beautifully-designed reader themes to suit every reading environment.
• Experience the best way to read at night by turning on ‘Lumin,’ only on Oyster. It replaces the blue light on your screen with a warm amber light as the sun sets.
• Get spot-on recommendations based on what you like to read.
• Read exclusive book reviews and author interviews written by our award-winning editorial team.
• Share what you’re reading to Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram.
• Read all of the Harry Potter books in custom themes inspired by each Hogwarts House.
• Follow friends, create Book Lists, and explore the libraries of creative and interesting people.
• Download books to any device for offline reading.
With Oyster, the world is yours for the reading.
Say hello on Twitter @Oyster.
Questions? Drop us a line at email@example.com.
What's New in Version 2.3.2
While there are no new “big” features to report with this update, we’ve added some quick little fixes to make Oyster point one better.
◇ Features ◇
• Improvements to publisher styles including poems, quotes, and the like.
• Fixes for background colors on some books in the reader.
• Better loading (and reloading) of book lists if they are modified in the world beyond the app (i.e. the web).
• Pumpkin Spiced Lattes (PSLs) are officially back at Starbucks. Not sure how we feel about that.
Thanks for using Oyster! Questions? Drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The ABSOLUTE BEST READING APP FOR iOS
Seriously, I am a Kindle fanatic (I have over 21,000 titles in my Kindle account...). I am a true bibliophile, card carrying and dedicated.
This is the BEST app I have EVER used for reading. I would like to give it 10 stars plus.
The interface is tweak able and actually fun. The colors give it even more ease on the eyes, and as far as 'crashing' issues ... Super rare and are fixed in seconds. (Folks, nothing is perfect all the time. This IS Apple, after all... )
I love it. It has gotten to the point of when someone CALLS or TEXTS my iPhone, I get irritated because they interrupted my reading. (I have a kindle... Somewhere...)
I love it. Absolutely love it.
Love this app, so sad to hear it's leaving
This app is amazing! My town library has a very small selection and I often have trouble finding books there. I was so happy to find Oyster, where I can read a book a day and always have more books waiting for me. I have been able to read so much more than I ever could without this app. Since I can't afford to buy every book I read, and my library is too small, I won't be able to read nearly as much when Oyster leaves. It is going to be a sad life with much less reading!
Sad to see it go :(
I love Oyster! I read 3-5 books per week, and Oyster has been the best way for me to get my fix without draining the bank. I wish that instead of completely shutting down the app, they would have different subscription levels- for example $10 for 10 titles per month or whatever, with the option to buy additional titles if you "go over" your limit. Oyster has a good thing going, and I truly wish they could find a way to keep the service going.