Oyster – The Best Way to Read Books
By Studio SBV, Inc
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Oyster is simply the best way to read.
Open the app to get access to over a million books including new releases, award-winners, indie favorites, and more. The books you get on Oyster will be synced to your app instantly and can even be read offline.
Named one of TechCrunch’s “Best Apps,” Oyster has been featured by The New Yorker, CNN, The TODAY Show, and The New York Times.
Subscribe to Oyster Unlimited to read more and save money. With Oyster Unlimited, a million books are all yours. Read as much as you'd like for one low monthly price.
Start your free trial of Oyster Unlimited today.
◇ Features ◇
• Read books from virtually every author in the world including James Patterson, Gillian Flynn, Stephen King, Anthony Doerr, Walter Isaacson, Donna Tartt, J.K. Rowling, and many, many more.
• Choose from beautifully-designed reader themes to suit every reading environment.
• Get spot-on recommendations based on what you like to read.
• Read exclusive book reviews and author interviews written by our award-winning editorial team.
• Share what you’re reading to Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram.
• Read all of the Harry Potter books in custom themes inspired by each Hogwarts House.
• Follow friends, create Book Lists, and explore the libraries of creative and interesting people.
• Download books to any device for offline reading.
With Oyster, the world is yours for the reading.
Say hello on Twitter @Oyster.
Questions? Drop us a line at email@example.com.
What's New in Version 2.0.1
In case you missed our last update, we have some really good news. You ready for this? We added a bookstore so you can do ALL of your reading on Oyster, including books that aren't in subscription.
To our beloved subscribers: don't worry, we didn't move anything out of subscription! You still get the same library of 1 million books included in your monthly subscription.
You can also buy books on Oyster without a subscription. The opportunities are endless. We just want you to read books, because books are the best. Did we mention we love books?
◇ Features ◇
• For 2.0.1 we made improvements across 2.0, including updating the way books load when you toggle between Unlimited and All.
• All. The. Books. We now have every book you could ever want including titles from authors like James Patterson, Gillian Flynn, Anthony Doerr, Stephen King, Donna Tartt, J.K. Rowling, and many, many more.
• We even have books that haven’t been released yet.
• Easily toggle between “Unlimited” and “All” to filter books.
• We added an aqua banner to help you identify which books are available in Unlimited.
• We redesigned the Explore tab to highlight the best books right now, including every New York Times Best Sellers list.
• We added tons of new complementary colors to book detail pages (ooh la la).
• Explore our new categories (43 in all!) and browse by Top Books, New Releases, New to Unlimited, Recommended for You, and more.
• We updated our app icon! This one looks more like the first edition but now with some fresh edits.
Thanks for using Oyster! Tweet us @Oyster to tell us what you’re reading this weekend. Questions? Drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Lovely, with a couple bugs
I really enjoy oyster. The app is attractive, and they offer a decent selection of books in a wide and enjoyable range of genres. After a few months I only have a few issues. First: their in-app search model is totally ineffective. It's ok-- I'm. Not trying to be overly critical, but not only can you not search within genres or for keywords or anything like that, you can hardly search for book titles and have the correct book come up. I swear I'm not exaggerating! With effort, you can get what you need, but it's not an intelligent system. Second, mostly the app recommends the same one hundred books again and again. The recommended books rarely change within genres, and after a while that becomes a little frustrating. Just something I noticed. But really, overall, I adore the app, and truly appreciate their efforts to make reading accessible and fun.
Had some problems with freezing a few months ago but it's definitely improved. Only problem is the limited number of books with a subscription. You have to pay for new best sellers above the monthly prescription rate of 10. Not doing that.
Selection with subscription needs to broaden. It's the same old selections with new books added every so often but not enough.
But the format is good, there is variety. No other complaints & I use it all day.
Just another bookstore app now... 😕
"Why spend $10 for one book? Spend it for an unlimited number of books! I've subscribed for two months so far and I'm hooked! Hope they can extend the collection even more!"
That was my original review, but now I'm not as excited. As someone mentioned, the newer books are not available, which was what I was hoping would eventually happen, instead they created a bookstore. I have access to Nook, iBook, Kindle and Overdrive. Oyster was my hope not to have to spend more than $10 a month on books and not to have to wait for a library hold on an Overdrive. Sadly, I may be canceling my subscription.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Books
- Updated: Apr 17, 2015
- Version: 2.0.1
- Size: 33.4 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Studio SBV, Inc
- © 2015 Studio SBV, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.
Top In-App Purchases
- 3-month Oyster Premium credit$42.99
- 6-month Oyster Premium credit$84.99
- 1-year Oyster Premium credit$159.99