By Killerfish Games Pty Ltd
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
"It really has too much detail and logic to be dismissed as an arcade game."
- Neal Stevens, subsim.com
"One of six games you should have played in 2013 (but probably didn't)."
- Owen Faraday, pockettactics.com
Pacific Fleet is turn based game set upon a detailed simulation depicting naval warfare during World War II.
Check out the full game trailer at:
- All new graphics depict the greatest war at sea in stunning full 3D
- Historically based ships, aircraft, weapons and dozens of ship upgrades
- A unique blend of deep strategic planning combined with quick tactical decisions
- Play as the US Pacific Fleet or Imperial Japanese Navy
- 90 combat zones to battle through on your way to victory
- Single Battle and Multiplayer Hotseat modes
- Complete 44 achievements
- Sink ships with realistic buoyancy physics, not with hit-point bars!
- Submarine warfare and carrier operations with dive bombing and torpedo bombers
- Dynamic weather, shore bombardments and night engagements
- Target specific ship subsystems to sink or cripple the enemy
- 17 playable ships
- 8 playable aircraft
- Random ship placement, wind, weather and night engagements make each play-through unique
- NO ADVERTISEMENTS. NO IN APPS. ONE PRICE = FULL GAME.
Join us on Facebook for latest news and ongoing discussion with the developer:
What's New in Version 2.10
- Added "Auto Next" feature under Quit Battle page (1 to 3 second delay between auto turn progression)
- Fixed TDC/Imp. Detonators not applied to first torpedo fired
- IJN ships now lose xp when sunk in campaign
- Aircraft attacks must now target an enemy before launching
- Starshell brightness greatly increased
- Ships can no longer face away from each other at combat start
- *** on level 1 IJN Campaign now displays correctly on map
- AAA upgrade reduced to 8,000 renown, allowing M.I.C. achievement
- Fixed a bug where a sinking ship would sometimes linger on surface
- Fixed a rare bug where turn order broke on an enemy sinking
- Manual Clarification: shell damage is multiplied by number of gun barrels firing
- Added Facebook link in Help section
- Removed sound volume slider (master audio now controlled with device)
- Fixed a rare bug whereby achievements could be deleted
- Fixed several achievements which would not register or were impossible
- Kongo torpedo reload messages removed
- Torpedo reload timing corrected
- Takao now has 8 torpedoes
Ok, this is my second time I reviewed it first version 2.03 and now version 2.10 I cannot believe how much the game changed. I always look at the Facebook page ( the only reason l use Facebook ) and I at "started" it was planed as a tactical shooter and now a top-notch game. The explosions in versions below 2.0 had no sound, and always looked the same. Also you could only move 3 ways: move closer, move farther, or disengaged now you have 2 turns. One move and one to attack. Realism was a 7/10 but now it is a 9/10. Also I've heard there's gonna be a SEQUEL to PF. I've been going BONKERS waiting for the name of the game. PACIFIC FLEET II? MODERN FLEET? ATLANTIC FLEET? (British vs German and DO NOT make HMS Hood the battleship for the British because it had armor sides: MAX 12 inches and the deck only 2 inches in most places and 4 inches in very few places. Compared to the Bismarck which had side armor 12.6 inches and deck armor of 6.7 inches and it took 1 hr and 30 min to sink it. HMS Hood sunk only 6 min into the same battle the Bismarck was in so PLEASE put either HMS Prince of Wales or HMS Warspite Instead. PLEASE) but any way I love this game because of its realistic graphics and that it could be played almost anywhere (in the train, in the car, or even in the plane) this game is gonna be a mainstay on my iPad. PEOPLE WHO ARE READING THIS WHO ARE READING THIS WHO DON'T HAVE THIS GAME… BUY IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This may be the first review of an app I've ever written...Pacific Fleet is so good that I feel it's my duty to spread the word. As others have said, the graphics, realism and attention to detail are terrific. And the variety of scenarios, vessels and escorts is great. One thing I want to make clear: the island battles are really not all that difficult once you figure out how to effectively bring naval gunfire (or close air support) to land-based enemy targets. Yes, the island battles are a bit non-intuitive and there is a learning curve, but that's part of the fun of the game. I'm not a gamer by any means but once I got the hang of the island battles, they're actually quite easy. Also I recommend going through each of the 40+ scenarios JUST with the submarine, then go back and add additional escorts and try the battles again (or simply start a new game). This way you will develop an excellent understanding of enemy tactics... and using just the sub is arguably the most challenging way to play the game. Lastly, there are a few useful player guides out there, just do a search.
Stellar game with one ruinous flaw
This game is a true achievement. I cannot speak highly enough about the graphics, the attention to detail, and the sheer depth of play. It's a truly immersive game that I might play again and again and again.
I say "might" because there is one flaw, but it's a big one. Most battles are sea engagements, but there is an occasional island level with your fleet vs land targets. These levels are extremely unintuitive, combining very difficult aiming with no damage meters and regenerating targets. You simply have no idea what's happening on an island level and no way of knowing if you are making any progress at all. It is deeply, deeply frustrating and not at all fun.
Bottom line: even a challenging sea battle is engaging and fun, but the island levels will make you want to delete the game entirely. Hopefully this will change in a future update, and this will become a true five-star game.
UPDATE: after weeks of practice and forum searches and even an email to the developer, I still cannot make heads or tails of island levels. I've stopped on level 36 and cannot make any progress whatsoever. This game is officially deeply unpleasant for me to play now, and I will be deleting it. A shame since I think this would be a fantastic game if this problem were addressed.
- Category: Games
- Updated: May 15, 2014
- Version: 2.10
- Size: 92.3 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Killerfish Games Pty Ltd
- © 2013 Paul Sincock Ph.D.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4s, iPhone 5, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPad, iPod touch (3rd generation), iPod touch (4th generation), iPod touch (5th generation), and iPod touch (6th generation).