Have you ever forgotten something really important for your trip?
This will never happen again with Pack The Bag!
No more incomplete hand-written packlists for your upcoming journey, no more bad feelings or expensive surprises at the airport. Make your next trip the best trip ever.
Pack The Bag for iOS helps you managing your packlists. You and your bag will be well-prepared, you will save the trouble of thinking about all the items that you want to carry along on your journey.
Pro version: no ads, all features! Import your lists from Pack The Bag Free with only 2 clicks!
- Choose from more than 700 items in 27 categories
- Easily create, edit and delete items and categories
- Maintain your items in the inventory list without the need to create a packlist
- Assign a weight to your items to prevent expensive surprises at the airport
- Create new packlists by copying from existing lists
- Pack your items without running around by optionally sorting by storage locations
- Send and share packlists by email - they can be imported on any other iOS device
- Dropbox support: Export and import lists via Dropbox
- Airdrop support: Exchange lists with devices in your surrounding
- Packing reminder push notification: Define a date when your device should remind you to start packing
- Define an icon for your packlist
- Sort lists by name or date or reoder them manually
- Duplicate a category with all included items (e.g. child 1, child2, …)
- Add a filter to display how many items are not yet packed in a list
- Color schemes: Choose from different colors - or define your own color
- Support for Apple Watch - pack your items on the watch
- Supported Languages: English, German, Turkish
You have ideas how to improve the app? You found issues? Send feedback to the Pack The Bag team directly from inside the app - your support is highly appreciated!
Fixed an issue on devices with older iOS versions
Ratings and Reviews
Best Packing App
I travel a LOT and have tried a number of packing apps. Pack the Bag is by far the best, most intuitive and most flexible of all of them. Only changes I would make are integration with TripIt and/or a weather app. With this information, combined with a couple simple questions when creating a trip like whether the trip is a business or leisure, whether you are alone or with family/children could allow the app to pre-populate the packing list which would take the app from great to awesome.
I love PackTheBag! I use it for every trip, whether just a weekend or several weeks of international travel. I love that I can reuse past list, customize items, and sort in a variety of ways. Thanks for keeping me sane before my trips.
Sometimes Free IS Best
I had been a huge fan of the free version of Pack the Bag, uploaded it to my old iPhone 3GS, and using it on a number of my trips to help me organize. I held off for a while before taking a chance on the pay version, wondering if I would not only like it better, but if it would be as flexible and efficient as the original. I had some extra iTunes gift dollars and decided to give it a go.
I'm only thankful the free version still exists. After several attempts for vacations last year, I gave up and returned to my tried and true. For one, the pay version appears more complicated than the first, which is ridiculous. I'm big on categories and subcategories, and I was never sure if I was adding something to be packed later, or what was happening, as I seemed to be going thru way too many clicks to add one item. Even deletions were complicated due to swipe attempts which weren't always successful. I liked the idea of being able to "pack" an object in a specific bag you're taking, but even this got frustrating. The only thing I did like was the weight section; when one has to be careful not to overpack due to baggage fees, etc. this was the one helpful benefit.
After consulting the instructions numerous times, I finally contacted the designer by email AND even on Facebook, but despite their answers, I was never able to achieve their claims. In the end I removed the pay app and reinstalled the old one. It wasn't worth the trouble.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.