By Quinn Genzel
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
** Featured in Apple's "10 Essentials," "Traveling Home" & "Staff Favorites" **
** #1 iPad Travel app in U.S. & Finalist for 2010-2013 Best App Ever Awards **
** As seen on CNN, BBC, Wall Street Journal, National Geographic, Fodor's, **
** Travel+Leisure, Budget Travel, Mashable, TUAW, 148Apps, iLounge & Macworld **
** UNIVERSAL APP (+iCloud) -- optimized for iPad, iPhone & iPod touch **
** Great Value -- like getting two apps in one! **
"Never again will I forget to bring socks to a three day convention, and that alone makes Packing Pro worth every penny."
-- 148Apps (rating: 4.5 / 5)
"If you travel, and always wind up on a mad dash to the pharmacy, or convenience store, this app is for you."
Packing Pro is a super-enhanced version of the popular, top-ranking Packing app. If you desire great syncing & sharing options, display customization, a huge catalog, lots of sample lists, & additional, built-in Expert assistance, then Packing Pro is for you!
PACKING PRO BENEFITS:
1) FULL iCLOUD SUPPORT:
-- device-to-device auto-sync support for lists, catalog & settings
2) CSV IMPORT / EXPORT:
-- edit your lists & catalog content on a PC with Excel, Numbers or GoogleDocs
3) PACKING LIST FILE SHARING & BACKUP:
-- share lists & catalog content via email, iTunes' File Sharing, AirDrop & Dropbox/Box/iCloud Drive (iOS 8+); use the simple '1-tap backup to email'
4) HUGE MASTER CATALOG:
-- over 400 new items (total of over 800), including extra items for babies, kids, pets, sports, cooking & religion
5) EXPERT LIST ASSISTANT:
-- "automagically" create lists based on the number of adults (males & females), children & days, as well as temperature, destination, food preparation & clothes washing preferences
6) CUSTOMIZABLE DESIGN:
-- includes app-wide themes, layout & font choices, & nearly full control over all the colors & textures in the app
7) TWICE AS MANY SAMPLE PACKING LISTS (NOW 9):
-- including ones for couples, families, business people & campers
8) SMART SEARCH:
-- easy & intuitive search function
CORE PACKING FEATURES (in both Packing Pro & Packing):
1) PACKING LIST FEATURES:
- CREATE unlimited, 100% user-customizable packing lists
- BUILD lists quickly & easily with multi-item selection
- MULTI-EDIT your lists however you wish (add, delete, rename or reorder any category or item)
- DISCOVER new ideas & suggestions from included sample lists
- USE any list (sample or your own) as a template for future lists
- MONITOR a running tally of total items per category & how many of them are checked off
- COLLAPSE categories for less scrolling & better management
- SORT items by type or item, or by hand yourself
- SHOW only items that are packed or unpacked, or show them all
- FILTER items based on person and/or bag
- EDIT item details (number, weight, value, person, bag & notes)
- ADD IMAGES, ALERTS, PRIORITIES & NEED-TO-BUY to list items
- TOTAL your list items, weights & values, by bag, by person & by category
- SEE remaining items as badges on home page & app icon
- PRINT your list directly to a printer with 1, 2 or 3 columns
- EMAIL your packing lists to family & friends
2) CATALOG FEATURES:
- CUSTOMIZE the Master Catalog with 100% freedom (add, delete, rename or reorder any category, type or item)
- SELECT from hundreds of items for quick list generation with only minimal typing
- ACCESS an extensive pre-departure TO DO list with over 100 tasks
- USE Favorites folder for quick access to common items
- DEFINE your own categories, types, items & TO DO actions for more customized freedom & control
- COPY & MOVE types & items throughout catalog
- CLONE categories for multi-person lists
3) OTHER KEY FEATURES:
- IMPORT & EXPORT lists & Master Catalog (or parts of them) between lists, apps or devices
- REFER to a comprehensive in-app help guide
Quick, simple, reliable & infinitely customizable, let Packing Pro be your helpful travel companion on all of your trips. Bon voyage!
What's New in Version 11.0
LOTS of enhancements in this MAJOR update:
- ** Data transfer (NEW): Added new options for WIRELESS SHARING via AirDrop, Dropbox, Box & iCloud Drive (min iOS 8+)
- ** List items (NEW): Added PRIORITY and NEED TO BUY attributes, with icon & checkbox indications on list page
- ** List (NEW): Added layout option to DISPLAY & PREVIEW ITEM IMAGES directly on list page
- List totals (NEW): Added totals & subtotals for currently packed items, as well as for complete list
- Design tweaks: Improved readability in popup toolbars & other minor adjustments
- List dates (NEW): Added buttons to reset dates back to ‘(TBD)’
- List dates (FIX): Now you can set any Departure Date (future or past) that you wish, though the app will still auto-correct the Return Date to be that same date, at the earliest. Alert dates will continue to auto-correct for NOW (+1 hour), at the earliest.
- CSV - Improvement & expansion of CSV file import, export & editing, while maintaining backward compatibility
- Bug (FIX): Backpack-stroller icon flip-flop (how did that happen?!). You may need to double-check and re-edit this, if one of these were used.
Also, for iCloud auto-sync users on iOS 8, in case you haven’t done so yet, please upgrade ALL of your devices to iCloud Drive. Thanks, too, for all your feedback & support, and stay tuned for more updates!
Beyond a Packing App. Amazing Organizer!
As an app to prepare a family or an individual to take any type of trip, this is an A+. Very flexible, and the templates already have ideas I would never have considered. BUT BEYOND this: It is a tool on how to prepare for any event, even as small as leaving the house for work or school. For individuals suffering with disorders of Attention, or anyone without perfect planning skills, this is a few dollars well spent.
I have wasted more time because of poor planning, and the planning apps have either too much detail or too little detail. This app finds a balance, and with a flexible and thought out relational database structure: I could even see using this as a preparation for submitting a proposal for research or adding items to adapt this to the needs of a professional preparing to present at a conference or even print out proof to a doctor of your great work. I know my review has the enthusiasm not consistent for apps of this nature, but I can tell you that as an academic researcher & professional always on the go... It may just prevent my almost daily battles with ripped lists, lost items and unprepared appointments. I use my real name for my reviews, and stand by it.
Best packing organization app out there
This app is fantastic. I downloaded some other similar apps and this one is by far the best. I only give it 4 stars because there are a few features I'd love to see that it lacks:
- there is a need to buy flag, but I would also like to see a 'need to wash' flag. I'm often doing laundry right before my trips for the clothes I'll need and it would be great to generate a list of items that need to go in the wash.
- you can sort by bag, but I'd also like to be able to sort by day or outfit. I usually pack outfits for specific days and my list of clothes is usually sorted in order of when I'll wear them. Often I'm wearing things on multiple days, so it would be great if this variable could have multiple values.
This app has it all. Primarily, we use bag and person assignments for every item we pack. This allows us to track where everything is during complex trips. The automatic packing list generation base on number of people and weather is simply amazing and creates a great starting point. Quinn thought of everything for the Master Catalog and everything you need is displayed on one screen -- minimal tapping. I don’t think we have had to add anything yet! Dropbox support eases the transfer of updated lists and the app makes it a breeze to replace old ones.
- Category: Travel
- Updated: May 19, 2015
- Version: 11.0
- Size: 15.8 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: Quinn Genzel
- © 2008-2015 Quinn Genzel
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.
Top In-App Purchases
- Extra Lists Upgrade$0.99
- Extra Themes Upgrade$0.99