Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
PadCAD is an easy to use CAD application designed for small to medium sized projects such as home additions, remodeling projects, cabinetry work, and site surveys. With PadCAD anyone can produce clean, clear CAD drawings. If you want to save or export your drawings to a professional CAD application like AutoCAD, you can export your drawings in several popular formats, including PDF or DXF files. PadCAD is designed with ease of use, speed and mobility in mind and is NOT a full blown CAD application. It's the prefect starting point for your drafting projects. PadCAD is ideal for general contractors, carpenters, architectural firms, appraisers and real-estate professionals. PadCAD has a very shallow learning curve, and no previous CAD experience is necessary. A comprehensive set of instructions are provided with the app.
Main Features :
1) Intuitive finger-based drawing and editing: Draw walls with your finger, then adjust them by dragging or stretching them.
2) Fine-tune controls: For greater precision, every element can be fine-tuned with numeric values.
3) Unlimited Undo and Redo: You can Undo all the way back to the beginning of your session or Redo to your current state.
4) Take Pictures: From within the app you can use your iPad's built in camera to take a photos and associate them with your CAD drawing. You can also use your iPad's built in microphone to create and include audio annotations in your drawings.
5) Intuitive Zoom & Pan: Use two fingers to zoom in and out of your drawing, just like you would with any other picture on the iPad. You may also pan the drawing simply by dragging your finger. The drawing area is larger than the iPad screen which allows you to export projects as large as 170' x 128'.
Feel free to contact us with any questions: email@example.com
What's New in Version 1.9.4
DXF exporting has been fixed and tested with AutoCAD 2014
Application delivers as advertised
I've had this program for about a week and has a very easy learning curve. I wanted a simple program for designing custom floor plans. The walls can be adjusted, in any direction by 1/2" - you cannot ask for anything better. Windows and doors can be added to any wall. I like the fact that the windows can be adjusted to any length and the doors can be rotated to fit any wall or flipped to add a double door entry. It has all the tools you would expect for a program of this price. So far, I have designed a first and second floor (4500sq ft per floor) with Living Room furniture, Kitchen counters and appliances, Bedroom furniture, Bathroom sinks, showers, bathtubs, and toilets, Outdoor Patio's with various size plants and multiple stairs to the second floor. One last thing, you will love the 360 degree rotation tool as well as the multi-adjustment tool you get when you double click on walls and other features. I have yet to have a single problem with any of the many tools this program has to offer. This program exceeds all my expectations for what I paid for it.
This is a fantastic application that is simple yet elegant. I really don't understand the complaints of several reviewers. There is a small up front learning curve (mostly with exporting files) and the people who complain about exporting issues clearly didn't read the support link. I essentially mastered the software in 15 minutes and have done several dozen drawings for the house I am renovating.
The software has a few bugs (custom settings don't seem to save after the app closes- you can choose paper size and color and units and they always reset back to their defaults). -Not a big deal but a minor item that is consistent.
A major suggestion would be to increase the paper size of your documents. What I mean by this is that you can theoretically create any size blue print... However there's an output/ export limit. I have a very narrow and long building and cannot export a .pdf or .jpeg of my building all at once. Not sure why a predetermined limitation exists for exporting your work but there is... That's my only real complaint.
I also would love to see the software have more furniture options.
Overall the software is simple... But that's the beauty of the software... Never had the app crash or lose my data and it's very accurate and easy to use the software.
Highly recommend the software!
Low End Cad with Errors
It's a low-end product, not something a pro could make extensive use of. I was reviewing this for my firm as a possibility to replace traditional pen & paper field measuring. Criticisims should be viewed through that lens.
There's a few key flaws that keep it from being useful for professionals.
1) Walls will grow in length on both ends as you adjust wall width. So your 5'-7" wall with a 4" thickness is 4" longer than it should be. Have a 12" wall (common in commercial) and you're a full foot beyond your measured distance. Unacceptable.
2) Zoom level makes it impossible to do smaller corners than a foot
3) Export of .dxf is imperfect. You discover a lot of artifacts and errors when importing this into a software to do actual documents, meaning you would have been better off drawing from scratch.
4) Dims only snap to center of walls. For applications where finish dimensions are critical this doesn't work.
5) Units don't go smaller than 1/2" increments. Same issue as above.
It's a nice software for the amatuer or smaller projects, but if you're looking for an iPad site survey solution, look elsewhere.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Nov 22, 2013
- Version: 1.9.4
- Size: 16.2 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Plugworks Inc.
- © 2011, Plugworks, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.