Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
PadCAD is an easy to use CAD application designed for small to medium sized projects such as home additions, remodeling projects, cabinetry work, and site surveys. With PadCAD anyone can produce clean, clear CAD drawings. If you want to save or export your drawings to a professional CAD application like AutoCAD, you can export your drawings in several popular formats, including PDF or DXF files. PadCAD is designed with ease of use, speed and mobility in mind and is NOT a full blown CAD application. It's the prefect starting point for your drafting projects. PadCAD is ideal for general contractors, carpenters, architectural firms, appraisers and real-estate professionals. PadCAD has a very shallow learning curve, and no previous CAD experience is necessary. A comprehensive set of instructions are provided with the app.
Main Features :
1) Intuitive finger-based drawing and editing: Draw walls with your finger, then adjust them by dragging or stretching them.
2) Fine-tune controls: For greater precision, every element can be fine-tuned with numeric values.
3) Unlimited Undo and Redo: You can Undo all the way back to the beginning of your session or Redo to your current state.
4) Take Pictures: From within the app you can use your iPad's built in camera to take a photos and associate them with your CAD drawing. You can also use your iPad's built in microphone to create and include audio annotations in your drawings.
5) Intuitive Zoom & Pan: Use two fingers to zoom in and out of your drawing, just like you would with any other picture on the iPad. You may also pan the drawing simply by dragging your finger. The drawing area is larger than the iPad screen which allows you to export projects as large as 170' x 128'.
Feel free to contact us with any questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
What's New in Version 1.9.4
DXF exporting has been fixed and tested with AutoCAD 2014
Application delivers as advertised
I've had this program for about a week and has a very easy learning curve. I wanted a simple program for designing custom floor plans. The walls can be adjusted, in any direction by 1/2" - you cannot ask for anything better. Windows and doors can be added to any wall. I like the fact that the windows can be adjusted to any length and the doors can be rotated to fit any wall or flipped to add a double door entry. It has all the tools you would expect for a program of this price. So far, I have designed a first and second floor (4500sq ft per floor) with Living Room furniture, Kitchen counters and appliances, Bedroom furniture, Bathroom sinks, showers, bathtubs, and toilets, Outdoor Patio's with various size plants and multiple stairs to the second floor. One last thing, you will love the 360 degree rotation tool as well as the multi-adjustment tool you get when you double click on walls and other features. I have yet to have a single problem with any of the many tools this program has to offer. This program exceeds all my expectations for what I paid for it.
This app is no bueno! I have used autocad in the past so maybe my expectations were too high but this thing is garbage. I gave it a shot anyway. There is no trim or extend commands which are everything in drawing! So I spent all this time making it work because I needed some drawing on my iPad. Well, all my drawings somehow disappeared one day. Now I have nothing to show for my time. Don't buy!
Perfect CAD for my needs
Without a doubt this gets the job done without a long learning curve. Perfect for my needs I was finally excited to find one that's workable in the field. However.... Their support has been unresponsive to my questions. Even if it has no support team it's still worth getting.
MSR Home Improvements
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Nov 22, 2013
- Version: 1.9.4
- Size: 16.2 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Plugworks Inc.
- © 2011, Plugworks, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.