Enhance your experience on the water. Paddle Logger provides the functionality you need to record your journeys and track your goals, wrapped up in a beautiful, simple, accessible piece of software.
At it's core the app is a tracker and digital logbook designed for use on the water, without intruding on your time on the water.
In no time at all you can get to the water, set up and be on it by following three simple steps:
- Start the app
- Press the big circle
It is super accessible and now free to download with some features requiring an additional purchase.
Whether you want to record your first time on the water or you are in training for an event, Paddle Logger is for you. Whatever your craft - SUP, Kayak, Canoe, Prone Paddleboard. You can even use it sailing or swimming!
Join thousands of athletes and adventurers all over the world tracking their journeys with Paddle Logger!
It has been designed to cater for all your tracking needs without being overcomplicated or confusing, leaving you more time to concentrate and enjoy being on the water.
Paddle Logger Features:
- Track your journeys using the GPS in devices you already own.
- Set the adjustable delay, allowing you to safely stow your device before getting on the water and protecting your phone.
- Incorporating Apple Watch, you now no longer need to take your phone on the water to record journeys (However we advise taking your phone in a waterproof case - even the most experienced paddlers can get into difficulty.)
- Using the watch enjoy integration with Healthkit and the Health App, this means that your activity on the water also counts towards filling your Health Rings!
- Enable Water Lock on the Apple Watch in settings (within Paddle Logger Apple Watch App) in case you get wet and need to clear the speakers.
- View your trip details in the Digital Logbook. Edit trip notes about your journey and share the trip map and data to any Social Media, including deep integration with Facebook.
Paddle Logger Edition added features:
- View more detailed data from your session, including Speed Data and Pace Data
- Now offering nautical miles and knots for tracking.
- Sort your trips into custom folders and track certain types of session for training and challenges
- Drop pins while out on the water and then view stats for different legs of your trip on the trip map or in the trip details.
- On the detailed satellite Trip Map, visually see how your speed changes across your journey
- Take selfies and photos of your adventures? View them in the Trip Photo Gallery, want to add images after you have finished your journey. Simply press the camera in the gallery to choose from the Camera or Photos app to add new images.
Paddle Logger Edition is offered on a Monthly or Annual subscription with payments charged to your iTunes account at the confirmation of purchase.†
**It is imperative that before heading out for the first time on the water with the watch, you must first do a dummy trip on your phone. Otherwise the trips will not be saved to your digital logbook!**
(We recommend purchasing a quality waterproof case so you do not end up damaging your phone)
NB: remember - while we have tried our utmost to allow great battery life with the app running (we have regularly managed 8hrs+ paddle time) continued use of GPS in the background can dramatically decrease battery life of both the Apple Watch and iPhone!
† Payment will be automatically charged to your iTunes account at the confirmation of purchase. The subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current charging period. Your account will be charged for renewal within 24 hours prior to the end of the current period. Auto-renewal may be turned off by the user by visiting Account Settings after purchase. Any unused portion of a free trial period will be forfeited when a purchase to a subscription occurs, where applicable. www.paddlelogger.com/terms
Hey everyone! We have been working hard so we haven't put an update out for a while. But what have we been doing you ask? Well aside from planning the next 6 months of features and building those, we have also been working on some improvements of the current Paddle Logger experience.
- We have across the app made some tweaks and improvements to the way the app looks
- On the Apple watch we have updated the look and made some of the buttons bigger and easier to use
- We have added alerts if your battery is running low
- We have had a number of users note that the login prompt is occurring every time the app boots, we have fixed that!
- Following feedback the trip map shows average speed in the centre of the speed bar (min and max are still in trip details)
- We have improved the feedback system, if you want to get in touch, head to the More tab > Contact us and let us know how much you love Paddle Logger and if there is anything we can do!
Ratings and Reviews
Could be awesome with some improvements
It does what it was meant to do with a elegant interface and a value cost. It would be a great app (and an even greater value at $5.99) with the following improvements. Fix the watch app. I could start my paddle on the watch, but not stop it. I have to stop it on the iPhone. It took me a while to figure out where the setting was to change km to miles. If the settings button was more clearly labeled, that would be in keeping with an already beautifully simple and elegant interface. Looking forward to these improvements.
Updated review: my criticism regarding the kilometer/mile setting being difficult to find has been addressed in the latest version. I’m impressed at the developer’s attention to his customer’s feedback. I have yet to see if the watch app problem has been fixed. But for the improvement and dedication of the developer, I’ve bumped my review up to 4 stars.
Developer Response ,
Hey there, thanks for your positive review. We have had some issues with the Apple Watch and while it is taking some time - we feel we are making progress. With regards to your settings suggestion. It would be great to have some feedback on how this could be improved. Please do get in touch at email@example.com - We have some ideas, but always keen to hear from users! Thanks.
Updated Response: Awesome thanks for updating your review! Please make sure you have updated the iOS/WatchOS and Paddle Logger to the latest versions. Thanks!!
The logging features of this app are excellent. If you want to turn on the app and stick your phone in a dry box then it is perfect. It even gives you the ability to set a delay so that you have time to stow everything, get in the kayak and then start logging after a set time period. For that Part of the functionality I give the app 5 stars.
What I’m disappointed in is the Apple Watch functionality. It still works for logging, but the display gives you very little information. The great thing about the Apple Watch is being able to see data on your wrist as you paddle. I want to be able to at least see Distance, Duration, Speed and Heart Rate.
The only thing you can see while paddling with this app is distance and duration. If the developers could add some more data fields (preferably user selectable) and access to control your music from in-app then it would be easy to rate this a 5 star app.
Developer Response ,
This is fantastic feedback. Thank you very much. We are currently building out this aspect of the functionality to get more data in front of people if they would like to see it. This will form part of a wider update to the Paddle Logger system. Hopefully fulfilling and allowing you to see what you want and hide what you don't! Thanks!
Solid with occasional hiccups
The app works most of the time but occasionally the watch app will crash and you’ll get nothing.
Also - if the app on the phone crashes or closes before it saves you also lose your ride data.
App needs the following features added to be five stars - ability to manually edit a ride in case you launch it late and also copy and paste or duplicate a previous ride. I do the same run a lot and on the occasions where the phone or watch app crash and I lose everything from that run it would help immensely to be able to copy/paste or duplicate my last run so that my totals are accurate. Without that I have to remember to manually add up and add in runs not in the app due to crashes etc.
Developer Response ,
Hey Wrangler95 - love this kind of feedback, it is really useful to help us make a better product! Some of the things you mention we are addressing now which you will be glad to hear, if you ever want to discuss anything further please get in touch firstname.lastname@example.org! Cheers
- Paddle Logger Ltd.
- 40.6 MB
- Health & Fitness
Requires iOS 12.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2019 Paddle Logger Ltd
- In-App Purchases
- Edition - Monthly $3.99
- Edition - Annual $29.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.
Get things done within this app using just your voice.