PADI - Scuba Diving Essentials
By PADI Americas, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The PADI App provides divers a new way to experience the underwater world – on the go, whenever and wherever they need it. With the revamped PADI App you can locate PADI Dive Centers and Resorts, dive sites, log your dives, keep up to date on scuba news, access your PADI eCards™ and much more:
• Locate dive shops and dive sites with local weather conditions
• Use dive tools such as checklists, reminders, knots and hand signals
• Read about top dive destinations
• View social and news feeds
• Access your PADI eCards
• Get information on PADI courses
• Log dives within ScubaEarth®
• Access the PADI Pros’ Site
• Access PADI Gear collections
Live the dive lifestyle and explore the underwater world – 24/7.
What's New in Version 2.75
PADI fan forced to agree, it’s not worth the time.
I was surprised to see so many negative reviews. I have always found PADI products to be very helpful. The App unfortunately was not only not helpful I found it frustrating. I tried to purchase an ecard and have been trying to download it since January of 2015. I keep getting told to contact my dive shop or resort. I don’t think my dive shop should have to sort out PADI’s errors. The PADI web site is as non-functional as the app. I wasn’t able to contact them via the website. I was finally able to get a phone number from my credit card company. I’m going to call them in the hope that I finally get some of the good customer service that another reviewer got. I’d give up if I didn’t pay fifty dollars for an ecard.
For me the primary reason to get the app was ecards. The ecards don’t work. Find one of the paid apps and take a picture of your card. Save your self time and aggravation.
E-card Trouble Solved
I had trouble with the e-card function in the app at first and I don't think it's a particularly well designed app overall. That being said, I called customer service and they were very responsive to my problem, quickly fixing my e-card issue in an hour. So for the top notch support I raised my review score. Maybe not the best price for an e-card but their customer service was excellent.
Poor app, useless, do not waste your time
1. In order to pull up your record, you have to purchase and e-card. That's just extortion. Broken Biz model. And, offensive.
2. The process for buying the e-card is a messy shove off to the website (why would you ever want the app to facilitate it, right? That makes sense). The website interface does and amazing job of being as bad as the app.
3. Then you learn they want $42 to basically query their database for a few numbers which is just an inelegant revenue model and just about offends anyone.
- Category: Travel
- Updated: Dec 10, 2015
- Version: 2.75
- Size: 26.8 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Turkish
- Seller: PADI Americas, Inc.
- © PADI Americas, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.