PadKeys Keyboard for iPad
By Natural Designs Software, Inc.
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
iPad typing without tears! When it comes to on-screen keyboards, bigger IS different, and PadKeys is built to take advantage of the larger screen size on tablets. Stay with the flow when it's time to type a number or symbol or you need to move around, because the needed keys are right there in the main layout. And we use the full width, not just the middle, to display word suggestions.
Ergonomics aren't sacrificed either. The main keys are big enough to type fast, and autocorrect is fine-tuned for catching common finger misses. You'll find using PadKeys is almost like having a full bluetooth keyboard -- without the weight and bulk!
• Numbers and punctuation in one layout, where your fingers remember.
• Cursor keys for easy, precise movement by letter or word.
• Dedicated keys for accented characters in your language.
• Option layout for typing other symbols and accented characters.
• Full autocorrect in your language, showing more than three words.
• Swipe input (trace words with your finger).
• "Short" layout for more screen visibility in landscape orientation.
Languages / layouts supported: English (US and British / UK), Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French (France and Canada), German, Italian, Norwegian (Bokmål), Portuguese (Portugal and Brazil), Spanish, and Swedish.
What's New in Version 3.2.1
• Fixes for selected text handling on iOS 11
• Can now swipe up on number/symbol keys to get shifted version
• Improved word swipe recognition
• Added new Bold theme (can also set iPad bold text in General | Accessibility)
** Please leave us a review or rating if you can -- they are our lifeblood and help other users too. But don't forget to contact support before doing so if you are experiencing a problem! :-) Thank you. **
After Apple kind of ruined the iPad keyboard on iOS11, the is a great keyboard to replace it for general purpose use. It will take some time to learn the new layout, but most of the choices make sense.
I docked it one star due to a small complaint. The best keyboard is one without distractions, but this one has an annoying one—whenever the keyboard appears, the space bar has the name of the app for a second which then fades out. It becomes more annoying if you're jumping from field to field in a form. The keyboard doesn't go away, but the text in the space bar keeps reappearing with each jump.
Okay this new swiping feature seems to work pretty well!
I am glad your team made this toggle-able.
I have decide to try this feature over the weekend and seems to work much better and more predictably than the default iOS 11 keyboard.
You have to really and intentionally swipe up to get these alternate characters.
So, this seem to work better than what iOS 11 keyboard does.
I will gives this feature a little while longer to see if it grows on me!
Thanks for reading and listening!
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Nov 06, 2017
- Version: 3.2.1
- Size: 11.1 MB
- Languages: English, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Spanish, Swedish
- Seller: Natural Designs Software, Inc.
- © 2016 Natural Designs Software, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 10.1 or later. Compatible with iPad.