iPad typing without tears, and now on iPhone too! When it comes to on-screen keyboards, bigger IS different, and PadKeys is built to take advantage of the larger screen size on tablets and modern phones. Stay with the flow when it's time to type a number or symbol or you need to move around, because the needed keys are right there in the main layout. And we use the full width, not just the middle, to display word suggestions.
Ergonomics aren't sacrificed either. The main keys are big enough to type fast, and autocorrect is fine-tuned for catching common finger misses. You'll find using PadKeys is almost like having a full bluetooth keyboard -- without the weight and bulk!
• Numbers and punctuation in one layout, where your fingers remember.
• Swipe input (trace words with your finger).
• Cursor keys for easy, precise movement by letter or word.
• Dedicated keys for accented characters in your language.
• Option layout for typing other symbols and accented characters.
• Full autocorrect in your language, showing more than three words.
• "Short" layout (on iPad) for more screen visibility in landscape orientation.
Languages / layouts supported: English (US and British / UK), Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French (France and Canada), German, Italian, Norwegian (Bokmål), Portuguese (Portugal and Brazil), Spanish, and Swedish.
• "Period Space Shortcut" option is now "Punctuation Spacing". When on, typing period, comma, and other clause-end characters will automatically swallow or add neighboring spaces as needed. (Two spaces will still generate a period as well.)
• Support and optimizations for iOS 12
• Dvorak layout now available on iPhone
• Fixes for English, UK layout on iPhone
• Bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
An ideal second iOS keyboard
No iOS keyboard deserves five stars, but fortunately it is easy to switch between them if you have only a few installed. I think this one is an ideal companion to the standard iOS keyboard, and I find I use each about 50/50. To squeeze more functionality in, the buttons are a bit smaller, making speed typing a little more awkward. But features like the left and right navigation buttons and quick access to special characters often make this keyboard better for editing.
A lot of thought is being put into this keyboard, and it continues to evolve and improve. I give onoy four stars only because there is no five-star keyboard, but I could see this evolving into one.
Okay this new swiping feature seems to work pretty well!
I am glad your team made this toggle-able.
I have decide to try this feature over the weekend and seems to work much better and more predictably than the default iOS 11 keyboard.
You have to really and intentionally swipe up to get these alternate characters.
So, this seem to work better than what iOS 11 keyboard does.
I will gives this feature a little while longer to see if it grows on me!
The swipe up, while better still isn't working well for me after many weeks of trying to use it. So, I turned it off again.
I can only get the alternate shift characters to type 50% of the time when I try to flick up. So, I give up on this.
Still, everything else about PadKeys is still great!
Why don't you guys just abandon this key flick feature.
A lot of iOS users do not like this feature in iOS 11, anyways.
Again, Thanks for reading and listening!
It sounds like the swipe feature was not sensitive enough. We dialed it up slightly in the 3.3.1 release.
After Apple kind of ruined the iPad keyboard on iOS11, the is a great keyboard to replace it for general purpose use. It will take some time to learn the new layout, but most of the choices make sense.
I docked it one star due to a small complaint. The best keyboard is one without distractions, but this one has an annoying one—whenever the keyboard appears, the space bar has the name of the app for a second which then fades out. It becomes more annoying if you're jumping from field to field in a form. The keyboard doesn't go away, but the text in the space bar keeps reappearing with each jump.
Thanks. Good point about the space-bar message. We've updated the keyboard to suppress that now unless the keyboard has actually been offscreen for a while.
- Natural Designs Software, Inc.
- 14.4 MB
- Requires iOS 10.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Spanish, Swedish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2018 Natural Designs Software, Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.