iPad typing without tears, and now on iPhone too! When it comes to on-screen keyboards, bigger IS different, and PadKeys is built to take advantage of the larger screen size on tablets and modern phones. Stay with the flow when it's time to type a number or symbol or you need to move around, because the needed keys are right there in the main layout. And we use the full width, not just the middle, to display word suggestions.
Ergonomics aren't sacrificed either. The main keys are big enough to type fast, and autocorrect is fine-tuned for catching common finger misses. You'll find using PadKeys is almost like having a full bluetooth keyboard -- without the weight and bulk!
• Numbers and punctuation in one layout, where your fingers remember.
• Swipe input (trace words with your finger).
• Cursor keys for easy, precise movement by letter or word.
• Dedicated keys for accented characters in your language.
• Option layout for typing other symbols and accented characters.
• Full autocorrect in your language, showing more than three words.
• "Short" layout (on iPad) for more screen visibility in landscape orientation.
Languages / layouts supported: English (US, British / UK, Dvorak), Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French (France and Canada), German, Italian, Norwegian (Bokmål), Portuguese (Portugal and Brazil), Spanish, and Swedish.
• Restore space-period shortcut functionality broken last release
• Taller number row and suggestions bar on iPad in portait mode
• “Cloud” theme updated to match new system keyboard colors in iOS 12
• Usability improvements
Ratings and Reviews
I just installed on my iPhone and I'm generally thrilled with the features. But I have a few suggestions...
Emoji as suggestions in auto correct please! That's become essential to me, somehow.
EASIER TO IMPLEMENT SUGGESTIONS...
Colon key is much too hard to find for how commonly it is used. Please make it a long -press from period or comma key! Exclamation point too please! And/or ...
Please please include the "main" alternative key (!@#$ etc.) in the popup lists when long-pressing those keys. It's crazy-making to SEE those keys (when "show shift hints" is on) but long-pressing on that key doesn't offer the option of choosing that key I saw before pressing. (I strongly prefer long press to the two-tap method, but you could offer both)
"opt lock" would allow one-handed, repeated word-by-word navigation (and repeated anything else from opt menu) which would MAKE MY DAY. (SELECTING text with arrow keys would make my year, but I have a feeling iOS limits that.)
Be the best keyboard on earth and yourselves a lot of picky user feedback:
Allow the user to place keys wherever we want! I'm talking about delete, return, comma, period, arrows, symbols, not letter keys of course. We all develop habits and I'm not interested in changing mine concerning where I expect keys to be. I would buy you dinner for that feature alone!
An ideal second iOS keyboard
No iOS keyboard deserves five stars, but fortunately it is easy to switch between them if you have only a few installed. I think this one is an ideal companion to the standard iOS keyboard, and I find I use each about 50/50. To squeeze more functionality in, the buttons are a bit smaller, making speed typing a little more awkward. But features like the left and right navigation buttons and quick access to special characters often make this keyboard better for editing.
A lot of thought is being put into this keyboard, and it continues to evolve and improve. I give onoy four stars only because there is no five-star keyboard, but I could see this evolving into one.
Okay this new swiping feature seems to work pretty well!
I am glad your team made this toggle-able.
I have decide to try this feature over the weekend and seems to work much better and more predictably than the default iOS 11 keyboard.
You have to really and intentionally swipe up to get these alternate characters.
So, this seem to work better than what iOS 11 keyboard does.
I will gives this feature a little while longer to see if it grows on me!
The swipe up, while better still isn't working well for me after many weeks of trying to use it. So, I turned it off again.
I can only get the alternate shift characters to type 50% of the time when I try to flick up. So, I give up on this.
Still, everything else about PadKeys is still great!
Why don't you guys just abandon this key flick feature.
A lot of iOS users do not like this feature in iOS 11, anyways.
Again, Thanks for reading and listening!
Developer Response ,
It sounds like the swipe feature was not sensitive enough. We dialed it up slightly in the 3.3.1 release.
- Natural Designs Software, Inc.
- 11.9 MB
- Requires iOS 10.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, 12.9-inch iPad Pro, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, 9.7-inch iPad Pro, 9.7-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad (5th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (5th generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro (2nd generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular (2nd generation), 10.5-inch iPad Pro, 10.5-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (6th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (6th generation), iPad Pro (11-inch), iPad Pro (11-inch), iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (3rd generation), iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (3rd generation), and iPod touch.
- English, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Spanish, Swedish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2018 Natural Designs Software, Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.