PadKeys Keyboard for iPad and iPhone
iPad typing without tears, and now on iPhone too! When it comes to on-screen keyboards, bigger IS different, and PadKeys is built to take advantage of the larger screen size on tablets and modern phones. Stay with the flow when it's time to type a number or symbol or you need to move around, because the needed keys are right there in the main layout. And we use the full width, not just the middle, to display word suggestions.
Ergonomics aren't sacrificed either. The main keys are big enough to type fast, and autocorrect is fine-tuned for catching common finger misses. You'll find using PadKeys is almost like having a full bluetooth keyboard -- without the weight and bulk!
• Numbers and punctuation in one layout, where your fingers remember.
• Cursor keys for easy, precise movement by letter or word.
• Dedicated keys for accented characters in your language.
• Option switch for typing other symbols and accented characters.
• Full autocorrect in all supported languages, showing more than three words.
• “Short” layout option for more screen visibility in landscape orientation.
• Swipe input (trace words with your finger), and flick up on number and punctuation keys for shifted versions.
• Privacy friendly (“full access” is NOT required for most functionality, including autocorrect).
Languages / layouts supported: English (US and British / UK / Aus, Dvorak), Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French (France and Canada), German, Italian, Norwegian (Bokmål), Portuguese (Portugal and Brazil), Spanish, and Swedish.
• Accessibility support
• Key label popups on iPhone
• Swipe down on suggestions bar to put keyboard away
• Opt-lock (like Shift-lock)
• Autocorrect tuning
• Improved built-in dictionaries for English and Finnish
• Adjusted Scandinavian iPhone layouts; please send us feedback
• Degree symbol added to iPhone key popups
• Can now swipe Globe key left or right to quick-switch language (swipe up still works as well, hold at end to avoid accidentally triggering iOS 12 home gesture on iPads)
• Bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
I just installed on my iPhone and I'm generally thrilled with the features. But I have a few suggestions...
Emoji as suggestions in auto correct please! That's become essential to me, somehow.
EASIER TO IMPLEMENT SUGGESTIONS...
Colon key is much too hard to find for how commonly it is used. Please make it a long -press from period or comma key! Exclamation point too please! And/or ...
Please please include the "main" alternative key (!@#$ etc.) in the popup lists when long-pressing those keys. It's crazy-making to SEE those keys (when "show shift hints" is on) but long-pressing on that key doesn't offer the option of choosing that key I saw before pressing. (I strongly prefer long press to the two-tap method, but you could offer both)
"opt lock" would allow one-handed, repeated word-by-word navigation (and repeated anything else from opt menu) which would MAKE MY DAY. (SELECTING text with arrow keys would make my year, but I have a feeling iOS limits that.)
Be the best keyboard on earth and yourselves a lot of picky user feedback:
Allow the user to place keys wherever we want! I'm talking about delete, return, comma, period, arrows, symbols, not letter keys of course. We all develop habits and I'm not interested in changing mine concerning where I expect keys to be. I would buy you dinner for that feature alone!
Developer Response ,
Thanks for suggestions, we've implemented opt-lock in 4.3. And just swipe up on symbol keys to get the shifted version – no need to long-press. Emoji autocorrect is under consideration. Please join the forum discussion on our support site on the topic of the colon key. We'd like to do something there but feel we need a bit more input first.
Only keyboard with good number row
I have this keyboard on my iPhone X and it is great. There are a small number of things which would make this rating a 5 star though. Personally I love having keypress pop-ups when pressing buttons, this keyboard does not as it is designed to be like a tablet keyboard first. Second, I would appreciate a theme more similar to the stock keyboard which has the iOS translucent effect rather than just plain light and dark. With these new phones there's a notch at the bottom for the gesture area which is translucent. The only thing developers can do is try to blend with it for now. They aren't given access to change it's color (doubtful that will change either) other than those two things though this keyboard is small and lightweight and works great.
An ideal second iOS keyboard
No iOS keyboard deserves five stars, but fortunately it is easy to switch between them if you have only a few installed. I think this one is an ideal companion to the standard iOS keyboard, and I find I use each about 50/50. To squeeze more functionality in, the buttons are a bit smaller, making speed typing a little more awkward. But features like the left and right navigation buttons and quick access to special characters often make this keyboard better for editing.
A lot of thought is being put into this keyboard, and it continues to evolve and improve. I give onoy four stars only because there is no five-star keyboard, but I could see this evolving into one.
- Natural Designs Software, Inc.
- 11.7 MB
- Requires iOS 10.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, 12.9-inch iPad Pro, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, 9.7-inch iPad Pro, 9.7-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad (5th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (5th generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro (2nd generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular (2nd generation), 10.5-inch iPad Pro, 10.5-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (6th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (6th generation), iPad Pro (11-inch), iPad Pro (11-inch), iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (3rd generation), iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (3rd generation), and iPod touch.
- English, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Spanish, Swedish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2018 Natural Designs Software, Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.