Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Pages is the most beautiful word processor you’ve ever seen on a mobile device. This powerful word processor helps you create gorgeous reports, resumes, and documents in minutes. Pages has been designed exclusively for the iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch with support for Multi-Touch gestures and Smart Zoom.
Get a quick start by using one of over 60 Apple-designed templates. Or use a blank document and easily add text, images, shapes, and more with a few taps. Then format using beautiful preset styles and fonts. And use advanced features like change tracking, comments, and highlights to easily review changes in a document.
With iCloud built in, your documents are kept up to date across all your devices. You can instantly share a document using just a link, giving others the latest version and the ability to edit it directly from www.icloud.com using a Mac or PC browser.
Pages 2.0 is updated with a stunning new design and improved performance. And with a new unified file format across Mac, iOS, and web, your documents are consistently beautiful everywhere you open them.
Get started quickly
• Choose from over 60 Apple-designed templates to instantly create beautiful reports, resumes, cards, and posters
• Import and edit Microsoft Word and plain text files using Mail, a WebDAV service, or iTunes File Sharing
• Quickly browse your document using the page navigator and see a thumbnail preview of each page
• Turn on Coaching Tips for guided in-app help
Create beautiful documents
• Write and edit documents using the onscreen keyboard or a wireless keyboard with Bluetooth
• Format your document with gorgeous styles, fonts, and textures
• Your most important text formatting options are right in your keyboard, and always just a tap or two away
• Easily add images and video to your document using the Media Browser
• Use auto-text wrap to flow text around images
• Animate data with new interactive column, bar, scatter, and bubble charts
• Organize your data easily in tables
Advanced writing tools
• Turn on change tracking to mark up a document as you edit it
• Use comments and highlights to share ideas and feedback with others
• Create footnotes and endnotes and view word counts with character, paragraph, and page counts
• Automatic list making and spellchecking
• Create and view impressive 2D, 3D, and interactive bar, line, area, and pie charts
• Use Undo to go back through your previous changes
• Turn on iCloud so your documents are automatically available on your Mac, iPad, iPhone, iPod touch, and iCloud.com
• Access and edit your documents from a Mac or PC browser at www.icloud.com with Pages for iCloud beta
• Pages automatically saves your documents as you make changes
Share your work
• Use AirDrop to send your document to anyone nearby
• Quickly and easily share a link to your work via Mail, Messages, Twitter, or Facebook
• Anyone with a shared document link will always have access to the latest version of the document and can edit it with you at iCloud.com using Pages for iCloud beta
• Export your document in ePub, Microsoft Word, and PDF format
• Use “Open in Another App” to copy documents to apps such as Dropbox
• Print wirelessly with AirPrint, including page range selection, number of copies, and two-sided printing
Some features may require Internet access; additional fees and terms may apply.
Pages does not include support for some Chinese, Japanese, or Korean (CJK) text input features such as vertical text.
Pages for iCloud beta is currently available in English only.
What's New in Version 2.5.5
This update contains stability improvements and bug fixes.
Needs update to support iOS 9 split view on iPad Air 2
As a writer, I was looking forward to updating my iPad Air 2 to iOS 9 so I could compose a document in Pages from the Notes app open alongside the Pages document. However, I while I can open a Pages document and then use slide over to open another, Pages does not allow the user to edit the document when the Slide Over is open. Nor does it allow you to open pages in Split View. When you scroll down the list of apps supporting Split View, iWorks app are missing from the list.I am disappointed that Apple released iOS 9 touting its increased productivity while not updating its own iWorks Suite to support Split View. pAges and the other apps in the iWorks Suite need to be updated quickly. Without being able to support Split View, iOS 9 does not really enhance productivity.
When I switched from Microsoft to Apple products, I eagerly embraced the ease of using Pages and thought I never would return to MS Word. Now that Word is available on the iPad and is compatible with multitasking, I am revisiting that resolution. Now that Apple is coordinating with Microsoft to enhance productivity, I wonder if Apple is going to let Pages die from neglect as users find that MS Word meets needs that Apple diehards had expected to be fulfilled by Apple's commitment to its own software?
I upgraded to iOS9, but now "TABS" do not work on my iPad Mini, nor does the "FONT SIZE" indicator change on the tool bar when when the font size change. The "BOLD" button is often highlighted although the font or word is not bold.
Please consider adding a BOOKMARK feature within documents. A "Font Color" selector on the toolbar would be a tremendous asset. --- 2*'s ---
Thanks for the update, however, the BOOKMARK feature is still absent. Please make it a priority for the next go around. ALSO, I use the "font color" quite a bit, consider adding it to the tool bar. Thanks.
______ ______ ______
Great update, however, there are no bookmarks on this update where you can bookmark areas within a document. This would be great for large documents. If I missed it in this upgrade, someone please direct me. It still load slow on the 3rd Generation iPad.
Bookmarks & Password in Pages
I am getting use to Pages and I like it, but a helpful feature would be the ability to add bookmarks in the created documents. As is, I give it a 3.5 stars.
It would be nice to be able to PASSWORD documents in Pages and Numbers. PLEASE be sure these a a primary part of the next update in the Spring '13.
I've lost all docs - Won't sync
I've lost all of my docs on pages. I know they still exist in iCloud because they're in my phone, but still, I need them here, in my iPad. This is absurd.
The option of "Use iCloud" is turned off on the Pages settings, but it won't stay on even if I turn it on. When I leave the settings app it automatically turns it off again. That makes the app completely useless. It needs a urgent fix. Now.
Update: I had to update my iPhone for some reasons, and now I've lost all of my docs on the iPhone too!!! So, maybe they're still in icloud (I'm hoping for it) but, in practical terms, it's all lost. Also, there has been an update and it didn't fix this, and if you read the reviews I'm not the only one complaining about the exact same thing.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Sep 15, 2015
- Version: 2.5.5
- Size: 279 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Catalan, Chinese, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Apple Inc.
- © 2010 - 2015 Apple Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.