Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Pages is the most beautiful word processor you’ve ever seen on a mobile device. This powerful word processor helps you create gorgeous reports, resumes, and documents in minutes. Pages has been designed exclusively for the iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch with support for Multi-Touch gestures and Smart Zoom.
Get a quick start by using one of over 60 Apple-designed templates. Or use a blank document and easily add text, images, shapes, and more with a few taps. Then format using beautiful preset styles and fonts. And use advanced features like change tracking, comments, and highlights to easily review changes in a document.
With iCloud built in, your documents are kept up to date across all your devices. You can instantly share a document using just a link, giving others the latest version and the ability to edit it directly from www.icloud.com using a Mac or PC browser.
Pages 2.0 is updated with a stunning new design and improved performance. And with a new unified file format across Mac, iOS, and web, your documents are consistently beautiful everywhere you open them.
Get started quickly
• Choose from over 60 Apple-designed templates to instantly create beautiful reports, resumes, cards, and posters
• Import and edit Microsoft Word and plain text files using Mail, a WebDAV service, or iTunes File Sharing
• Quickly browse your document using the page navigator and see a thumbnail preview of each page
• Turn on Coaching Tips for guided in-app help
Create beautiful documents
• Write and edit documents using the onscreen keyboard or a wireless keyboard with Bluetooth
• Format your document with gorgeous styles, fonts, and textures
• Your most important text formatting options are right in your keyboard, and always just a tap or two away
• Easily add images and video to your document using the Media Browser
• Use auto-text wrap to flow text around images
• Animate data with new interactive column, bar, scatter, and bubble charts
• Organize your data easily in tables
Advanced writing tools
• Turn on change tracking to mark up a document as you edit it
• Use comments and highlights to share ideas and feedback with others
• Create footnotes and endnotes and view word counts with character, paragraph, and page counts
• Automatic list making and spellchecking
• Create and view impressive 2D, 3D, and interactive bar, line, area, and pie charts
• Use Undo to go back through your previous changes
• Turn on iCloud so your documents are automatically available on your Mac, iPad, iPhone, iPod touch, and iCloud.com
• Access and edit your documents from a Mac or PC browser at www.icloud.com with Pages for iCloud beta
• Pages automatically saves your documents as you make changes
Share your work
• Use AirDrop to send your document to anyone nearby
• Quickly and easily share a link to your work via Mail, Messages, Twitter, or Facebook
• Anyone with a shared document link will always have access to the latest version of the document and can edit it with you at iCloud.com using Pages for iCloud beta
• Export your document in ePub, Microsoft Word, and PDF format
• Use “Open in Another App” to copy documents to apps such as Dropbox
• Print wirelessly with AirPrint, including page range selection, number of copies, and two-sided printing
Some features may require Internet access; additional fees and terms may apply.
Pages does not include support for some Chinese, Japanese, or Korean (CJK) text input features such as vertical text.
Pages for iCloud beta is currently available in English only.
What's New in Version 2.2
• New "view only" setting lets you share documents you want others to view but not edit
• Search documents by name
• Inline images and shapes in table cells are preserved on import
• Better placement of inserted and pasted objects
• New Arabic and Hebrew templates
• Improved support for bi-directional text
• Word count for Hebrew
• Improved ePub export
• Control the z-order of bubble chart labels
• Usability improvements
A few iGripes
I decided to move to a new state for school and in order to save a little money I went with an iPad mini-r as my "computer". Pages is flexible with the usual file formats and do not have any problems as far as that is concerned. Where I do become frustrated with is the autocorrect and spell check. IMP it should be more robust with a larger dictionary. I would like for it to also have a feature to manually add in the odd word with a sub=menu once tapped. By far what I wish APPL would do is add a feature to help with punctuation and sentence structure, but I guess that may be a little too much for this little guy?. I don't think so considering the new A7 64bit chip. If Apple wants to gain that much more market share by having a stronger word processor in that aspect then this is one area that needs a little work.
I do also wish that it came with a few more other features and a better menu system that would take advantage of the landscape orientation. I do not care for fonts but an online gallery of templates to help with MLA and APA annotated bibs and maybe something to help use the indent on paragraphs would be amazing!
Solid program, but not flawless.
I am a college student and have a 128gb iPad Air as my only computer. I have been very pleased overall with the capabilities of the iWork programs. I am required to translate texts from Ancient Greek, and Pages handles the Greek text very well.
When I updated my iPad to iOS 7.1, I noticed that when I try to select text, the application will freeze up for a few moments before allowing options to cut copy and paste. I use the copy and paste feature frequently, and if I touch the screen while the application is frozen, the text becomes deselected. I have found this problem to be present only in Pages, not in another application such as notes. The app still functions, but the delay is a major annoyance.
I hope that this issue will be addressed in the near future!
UPDATE: The previous problem was fixed and now the program is one I use on a regular basis. There are still a few glaring omissions in what the program can do which, if fixed, would rate 5 stars. The most obvious of these is the lack of text formatting capability, especially the inability to create superscript and subscript text. This should be a high priority for the next update.
Just downloaded the new version and it gets to the second page of an intro to the new version and completely locks up. I can't get to all the documents I'd previously created nor create a new document. If I could give it 0 stars I would!!!! If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Apr 01, 2014
- Version: 2.2
- Size: 276 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Catalan, Chinese, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Apple Inc.
- © 2010 - 2014 Apple Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.