Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Pages is the most beautiful word processor you’ve ever seen on a mobile device. This powerful word processor helps you create gorgeous reports, resumes, and documents in minutes. Pages has been designed exclusively for the iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch with support for Multi-Touch gestures and Smart Zoom.
Get a quick start by using one of over 60 Apple-designed templates. Or use a blank document and easily add text, images, shapes, and more with a few taps. Then format using beautiful preset styles and fonts. And use advanced features like change tracking, comments, and highlights to easily review changes in a document.
With iCloud built in, your documents are kept up to date across all your devices. You can instantly share a document using just a link, giving others the latest version and the ability to edit it directly from www.icloud.com using a Mac or PC browser.
Pages 2.0 is updated with a stunning new design and improved performance. And with a new unified file format across Mac, iOS, and web, your documents are consistently beautiful everywhere you open them.
Get started quickly
• Choose from over 60 Apple-designed templates to instantly create beautiful reports, resumes, cards, and posters
• Import and edit Microsoft Word and plain text files using Mail, a WebDAV service, or iTunes File Sharing
• Quickly browse your document using the page navigator and see a thumbnail preview of each page
• Turn on Coaching Tips for guided in-app help
Create beautiful documents
• Write and edit documents using the onscreen keyboard or a wireless keyboard with Bluetooth
• Format your document with gorgeous styles, fonts, and textures
• Your most important text formatting options are right in your keyboard, and always just a tap or two away
• Easily add images and video to your document using the Media Browser
• Use auto-text wrap to flow text around images
• Animate data with new interactive column, bar, scatter, and bubble charts
• Organize your data easily in tables
Advanced writing tools
• Turn on change tracking to mark up a document as you edit it
• Use comments and highlights to share ideas and feedback with others
• Create footnotes and endnotes and view word counts with character, paragraph, and page counts
• Automatic list making and spellchecking
• Create and view impressive 2D, 3D, and interactive bar, line, area, and pie charts
• Use Undo to go back through your previous changes
• Turn on iCloud so your documents are automatically available on your Mac, iPad, iPhone, iPod touch, and iCloud.com
• Access and edit your documents from a Mac or PC browser at www.icloud.com with Pages for iCloud beta
• Pages automatically saves your documents as you make changes
Share your work
• Use AirDrop to send your document to anyone nearby
• Quickly and easily share a link to your work via Mail, Messages, Twitter, or Facebook
• Anyone with a shared document link will always have access to the latest version of the document and can edit it with you at iCloud.com using Pages for iCloud beta
• Export your document in ePub, Microsoft Word, and PDF format
• Use “Open in Another App” to copy documents to apps such as Dropbox
• Print wirelessly with AirPrint, including page range selection, number of copies, and two-sided printing
Some features may require Internet access; additional fees and terms may apply.
Pages does not include support for some Chinese, Japanese, or Korean (CJK) text input features such as vertical text.
Pages for iCloud beta is currently available in English only.
What's New in Version 2.5.2
This update contains stability improvements and bug fixes.
App Size Becoming An Issue!
I use my iPod Mini to help me perform medical research for a Paper, that I hope to publish in the near future. I really enjoy using Pages, but I find that it, like so many of the other recent iOS apps, has become a memory/resource hog. I find myself almost constantly tweaking the number of apps, (READ: DELETING), residing upon my iPad, so that I can successfully complete my work. I'm becoming increasingly alarmed at the limited number of apps that can reside on my 64MB iPad Mini Retina concurrently, and while I appreciate the "Cloud", it is not the end-all solution for everybody, all of the time. I wish Apple would make a simple card storage available to their customers, so that I could continue to use an app like "Pages", without the nagging concern over how adding another GB app will affect the performance of my iPad. I realize that most of Apple's competitors' offer a Card Storage feature, and going there would be my very last alternative, given that I have been a loyal Apple customer for decades, but unfortunately, in the very near future, I fear that this is where I, as well as several of my colleagues, who are faced with the same or similar issues are destined to go.....
Pretty good but not without its faults
This is a pretty handy app, I actually just used it to write up a resume. However it is not without its flaws. Sometimes the functions don't work quite right such as when highlighting text to cut/paste. The highlight will jump around and highlight way more than you want, or in some cases will only highlight a few letters of one word. Another thing is that some text in some of the templates cannot be edited with a simple touch and type like others can. A perfect example is Classic Resume vs Modern Resume, where with Classic you can change all the text simply by touching what you want to edit and typing the new text but with Modern you can only do that for certain areas which oddly don't include name and contact info.
All that said if you can work around it in someway then this app is excellent but as stated beware of some flaws that will annoy you.
Losing Data ... AGAIN!!
Twenty minutes to get lunch, one minute at the computer to look up a song and purchase it through iTunes. When I returned back to pages, everything except for my update on the title was gone. I have no animals or anything that might have accidentally erased two hours of editing and writing. This is now the second time I have had data on the "Pages" app disappear. Highly disappointed. I am not sure if purchasing that song caused the data to go missing, but it is extremely frustrating that I cannot simple perform the task of writing. I could understand if the things I did were complex and massive, but it's a simple writing tool for me. Why is the data disappearing.
Original message: Wrote last night using just the basic format. Today, over a half of page is no longer there. Lost data over night. Beware and back everything up if you can. Pages needs to fix bug.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Jan 08, 2015
- Version: 2.5.2
- Size: 278 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Catalan, Chinese, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Apple Inc.
- © 2010 - 2015 Apple Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.