Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Pages is the most beautiful word processor you’ve ever seen on a mobile device. This powerful word processor helps you create gorgeous reports, resumes, and documents in minutes. Pages has been designed exclusively for the iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch with support for Multi-Touch gestures and Smart Zoom.
Get a quick start by using one of over 60 Apple-designed templates. Or use a blank document and easily add text, images, shapes, and more with a few taps. Then format using beautiful preset styles and fonts. And use advanced features like change tracking, comments, and highlights to easily review changes in a document.
With iCloud built in, your documents are kept up to date across all your devices. You can instantly share a document using just a link, giving others the latest version and the ability to edit it directly from www.icloud.com using a Mac or PC browser.
Pages 2.0 is updated with a stunning new design and improved performance. And with a new unified file format across Mac, iOS, and web, your documents are consistently beautiful everywhere you open them.
Get started quickly
• Choose from over 60 Apple-designed templates to instantly create beautiful reports, resumes, cards, and posters
• Import and edit Microsoft Word and plain text files using Mail, a WebDAV service, or iTunes File Sharing
• Quickly browse your document using the page navigator and see a thumbnail preview of each page
• Turn on Coaching Tips for guided in-app help
Create beautiful documents
• Write and edit documents using the onscreen keyboard or a wireless keyboard with Bluetooth
• Format your document with gorgeous styles, fonts, and textures
• Your most important text formatting options are right in your keyboard, and always just a tap or two away
• Easily add images and video to your document using the Media Browser
• Use auto-text wrap to flow text around images
• Animate data with new interactive column, bar, scatter, and bubble charts
• Organize your data easily in tables
Advanced writing tools
• Turn on change tracking to mark up a document as you edit it
• Use comments and highlights to share ideas and feedback with others
• Create footnotes and endnotes and view word counts with character, paragraph, and page counts
• Automatic list making and spellchecking
• Create and view impressive 2D, 3D, and interactive bar, line, area, and pie charts
• Use Undo to go back through your previous changes
• Turn on iCloud so your documents are automatically available on your Mac, iPad, iPhone, iPod touch, and iCloud.com
• Access and edit your documents from a Mac or PC browser at www.icloud.com with Pages for iCloud beta
• Pages automatically saves your documents as you make changes
Share your work
• Use AirDrop to send your document to anyone nearby
• Quickly and easily share a link to your work via Mail, Messages, Twitter, or Facebook
• Anyone with a shared document link will always have access to the latest version of the document and can edit it with you at iCloud.com using Pages for iCloud beta
• Export your document in ePub, Microsoft Word, and PDF format
• Use “Open in Another App” to copy documents to apps such as Dropbox
• Print wirelessly with AirPrint, including page range selection, number of copies, and two-sided printing
Some features may require Internet access; additional fees and terms may apply.
Pages does not include support for some Chinese, Japanese, or Korean (CJK) text input features such as vertical text.
Pages for iCloud beta is currently available in English only.
What's New in Version 2.1
• Share password-protected documents via iCloud link
• View character count with or without spaces
• Export password-protected documents to DOCX format
• Start a list automatically using new special characters
• Create charts with date, time, and duration values
• Improved support for bidirectional text
• Improved ePub export
• Improved compatibility with Microsoft Word 2013 documents
• Custom number formats in charts are preserved on import of Pages ’09 and Microsoft Word documents
• Bug fixes and stability improvements
I have loved Pages. I have loved creating docs on my iPad or on my MacBook and finding them in both places through iCloud. And I generally find that the app is easy to use and it does all I need it to do.
Clearly we are going through some serious growing pains, Apple. Pages is now slow (to open and respond to most every command). It is quirky and periodically it just closes. All of that is bad enough for me to give it 2 stars. It would get only one if I didn't used to like it so much.
But now, what's with this "can't open a document until you update..." (either Pages or my operating system software)
I would just like to look at, maybe edit, one of my documents. But no, I must update AGAIN. And I can't right now.
Do you have any idea how slow the internet becomes when snow just keeps falling outside and the winds are 30 mph? Do you have any idea how impossible it becomes to download an update when the internet slows so?
Wish I could work on Pages....
One of the principal reasons I bought the iPad was to enable me to write "on-the-road" and transfer the updates to my iMac. This worked fine until the latest update by e mailing the document back and forth.
Now gmail interprets the new .zip format as a security risk and the email is rejected. Other than working via the cloud Apple has not solved the problem. As another reviewer noted the old Pages is not compatible with the new Pages. I constantly get messages re: updating. Luckily I have been afraid I would lose years of work if I went into the death loop. I still do not know how to convert Pages 4.0 to 5.0.
The final insult is when I tried to open Pages (on the iPad) and the list of features appeared telling me how great Pages is. The only trouble was the message could not be closed (the "continue" button didn't work).
Apple took a great product and has messed it up royally
Great until last update
Since the last update, it frequently re-downloads all of my documents for no apparent reason. While this is happening, I can't access my documents.
Also iCloud keeps randomly turning itself off, so I will open Pages to find every single document missing. And then I have to wait for it to download all my documents.
It's slower now, too. I have to wait several seconds before I can do anything when I open it up. Meanwhile it freezes on a random part of the last document I viewed, so I have to hope it doesn't freeze on something I want to keep private when I am with someone and they're looking at my iPad.
I'm also now in a journalism class, and I can't figure out how to do a "soft return" that is required for assignments.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Jan 23, 2014
- Version: 2.1
- Size: 266 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Catalan, Chinese, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Apple Inc.
- © 2010 - 2014 Apple Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.