Pages is the most beautiful word processor you’ve ever seen on a mobile device. Start with an Apple-designed template to instantly create gorgeous reports, digital books, resumes, posters and more. Or use a blank document and create your own design. Easily add images, movies, audio, charts and shapes. You can even draw and annotate using Apple Pencil on supported devices, or your finger. Pages has been designed exclusively for the iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch.
With iCloud built in, your documents are kept up to date across all your devices. And with real-time collaboration, your team will be able to work together at the same time on a Mac, iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch — even on a PC.
Draw and annotate using Apple Pencil, or your finger
• Easily add drawings with pen, pencil, crayon, and fill tools. Then animate them and watch them come to life
• Use Smart Annotation Beta to add comments and marks that stay anchored to their associated text
Collaborate with others at the same time
• With real-time collaboration, your whole team can work together on a document at the same time
• Collaboration is built right in to Pages on the Mac, iPad, iPhone and iPod touch. PC users can collaborate too
• Share your document publicly or with specific people
• You can easily see who’s currently in the document with you
• View other people’s cursors to follow their edits
• Available on documents stored in iCloud or in Box
Get started quickly
• Choose from over 70 Apple-designed templates to instantly create beautiful reports, digital books, resumes, cards, posters and more
• Import and edit Microsoft Word and text files
Create beautiful documents
• Format your document with gorgeous styles, fonts, and textures
• Enhance your document with a library of over 700 editable shapes
• Easily add images, video, and audio
• Add an image gallery to view a collection of photos on the same page
• Create interactive EPUB books that can be shared and read in Apple Books
• Add comments and join threaded conversations
• Turn on change tracking to mark up a document as you edit it
• Add bookmarks to easily link from one part of your document to another
• View pages side by side as you work
• Turn on facing pages to format your document as two-page spreads
• Create master pages to keep the design consistent across your page layout document
• Add linked text boxes so text easily flows from one place to another
• Create footnotes and endnotes and view word counts
• Add elegant mathematical equations using LaTeX or MathML notation
• Quickly open password-protected documents using Touch ID or Face ID on supported devices
• Use presenter mode to easily read and auto scroll text while giving a speech
• Turn on iCloud so your documents are automatically available on your Mac, iPad, iPhone, iPod touch, and iCloud.com
• Access and edit your documents from a Mac or PC browser at www.icloud.com with Pages for iCloud
Share a copy of your work
• Use AirDrop to send your document to anyone nearby
• Quickly and easily share a link to your work via Mail, Messages, Twitter, or Facebook
• Export your document in EPUB, Microsoft Word, and PDF format
• Print wirelessly with AirPrint, including page range selection, number of copies, and two-sided printing
Some features may require Internet access; additional fees and terms may apply.
Pages does not include support for some Chinese, Japanese, or Korean (CJK) text input features such as vertical text.
• Publish your books directly to Apple Books for download or purchase.
• Performance and stability improvements
Ratings and Reviews
Poor program in general
I’ve been using Apple products for about 12 years now, and I have to say that Pages for IPad is one of the worst Apps I’ve used. It has always had weird temporary problems, but also lots of very consistent ones too. For example if I’m typing fast and hit 2 Keys almost at the same time it highlights a chunk of my paragraph and with my next keystroke deletes it. This isn’t just Pages, it happens whenever I use the onscreen keyboard and I’m typing fast...someone should’ve fixed that. Then for a long time I could not get it to bold italics or underline...it would just highlight an empty spot, and I’d try over and over. Sometimes eventually it’d work, other times I’d just have to do it on my laptop. That went on for years. About 6 months ago it finally stopped happening. Now the App just freezes from time to time for no reason and won’t unfreeze, sometimes for days...I can’t do anything and shutting off and turning back on IPad doesn’t help. Also now there’s a problem with the backspace button that doesn’t occur anywhere but Pages. I’ll hit the back space and nothing will happen, so I’ll hit again and nothing, then suddenly it’ll erase two spaces. It doesn’t seem like a big issue, but it is when you’re working fast. Sometimes I’ll even start typing again and it’ll erase what I’ve typed. Just very frustrating.
ONE Problem and only ONE!!!
I absolutely LOVE pages, numbers and keynote. I have Office on my MacBook but prefer these over Office hands down. I have purchased so many of the template apps as well, that now I think I could open a business creating documents for others.
The problem is that the rest of the world does not use these Mac apps. Most of the time, I have to send my masterpieces that I spend hours on back to the office where everyone uses Office, so before I do, I have to send the document to myself so I can see what changes were made in Office and then make it look as close to what I originally created as possible. There should be better compatibility between the 2. Many have complained about the font shortage. That is definitely a true issue, but my biggest complaint is the compatibility. When I import docs from Office to iWork there are also issues (background color or font color changes in keynote, drop down menus change in numbers, etc.)
Please, please, please do something to improve this. I love playing with the templates and creating beautiful items that everyone thinks I'm a great graphical genius, but if the rest of the office can't see them, using/buying these apps is pointless.
lag and keeps changing my formatting
Seriously problematic. I even reduced as many features as possible and it has a ton of latency on my iPad 4 (no that's not that old->fast enough to play vainglory no problem. no speed problems searching the internet).
I have 1 page documents that have 2 columns and the latency is atrocious. It's a 1 page list! how can this have more lag than a touchscreen moba?! I turned off every bonus feature i could find and it still lags when i click to edit or copy paste...oh and did i mention this new update is reformatting my layout? titles are now somehow in the same row as the text and even after i fix it by separating the two-->but wait! i open the document and they are on top of each other again. This is ridiculous. oh and i'd edit this, but why bother---clearly its totally cool now days to just put things out there without quality control.
and i may sound like that guy that's critical on everything--i'm not! I never give bad reviews! Seriously never---but this basic app has been giving me problems for months. i've posted on the ios boards, read every possible thing i could about the problem---nothing helps. I just want to cut and paste and click without waiting 3 seconds every-time i click to edit---and final i thought they fixed it! nope! 10x worse and with new and exciting formatting problems!
- Apple Inc.
- 515.4 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Arabic, Catalan, Chinese (Hong Kong), Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2010 - 2018 Apple Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.