Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Create gorgeous documents in minutes with the Pages for Mac word processor — featuring a stunning design, writing tools, and performance. Start with an Apple-designed template or create your own design using fonts, styles, and tools from the intelligent Format Panel. Easily add images, movies, charts, and more. And use change tracking, comments, and highlights to review your work.
With iCloud built in, your documents are kept up to date across all your devices. And with real-time collaboration, your team will be able to work together at the same time on a Mac, iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch — even on a PC using iWork for iCloud.
Whatever you write, Pages puts powerful tools at your fingertips. So you can create great-looking, media-rich documents in minutes.
Collaborate with others at the same time
• With the release of real-time collaboration, your whole team can work together on a document at the same time
• Collaboration is built right in to Pages on the Mac, iPad, iPhone and iPod touch
• PC users can collaborate too, using Pages for iCloud
• Share your document publicly or with specific people
• You can easily see who’s currently in the document with you
• View other people’s cursors to follow their edits
Get started quickly
• Choose from over 60 Apple-designed templates to instantly create beautiful reports, resumes, cards, and posters
• Simplified toolbar gives you quick access to shapes, media, tables, charts, and sharing options
• The Format Panel automatically updates based on selection
• Import and edit Microsoft Word documents and plain text files
Create beautiful documents
• Format your document with gorgeous styles, fonts, and textures
• Enhance your document with a library of over 500 editable shapes
• Insert photos, music, and video with the Media Browser
• Use auto-text wrap to flow text around images
• Use powerful graphics tools including Instant Alpha and masking
• Add comments and join threaded conversations
• Turn on change tracking to mark up a document as you edit it
• Add bookmarks to easily link from one part of your document to another
• Automatic list making and spell checking
• Add linked text boxes so text easily flows from one place to another
• Create footnotes and endnotes and view word counts with character, paragraph, and page counts
• Add elegant mathematical equations using LaTeX or MathML notation
• Seamless integration with MathType* and EndNote* for inserting equations and citations
• Easy setup for headers, footers, and document body
• Turn on iCloud so your documents are automatically available on your Mac, iPad, iPhone, iPod touch, and iCloud.com
• Access and edit your documents from a Mac or PC browser at www.icloud.com with Pages for iCloud
• Pages automatically saves your documents as you make changes
Share a copy of your work
• Use AirDrop to send your document to anyone nearby
• Quickly and easily share a link to your work via Mail, Messages, Twitter, or Facebook
• Anyone with the shared document link will always have access to the latest version of the document and can edit it with you at iCloud.com
• Export your document in ePub, Microsoft Word, and PDF format
• Print wirelessly with AirPrint, including page range selection, number of copies, and two-sided printing
* MathType and EndNote both sold separately. EndNote integration requires a plug-in available from Pages support link.
Some features may require Internet access; additional fees and terms may apply.
Pages does not include support for some Chinese, Japanese, or Korean (CJK) text input features such as vertical text.
What's New in Version 6.3.1
This update contains stability and performance improvements.
Still needs vertical alignment and non-contiguous text selection
6.3 was a good update which added two good features, and I am glad that 6.3.1 has been made available to those of us who have not yet upgraded to High Sierra. However, in order for pages to be a real wordprocessor, it needs to bring back non-contiguous text selection, and it needs to support the alignment of horizontally input text along the vertical axis so that text can be centered in both dimensions.. It would also be nice if selecting a page from the thumbnail pane did not deslect whatever one had selected on another page, as this would make text slection over many pages easier. I am glad that book marks were added a few versions back, but at the moment footnotes cannot be bookmarked and therefore cannot be linked to. The following bug persists: when I move the cursor to the right side of the screen in full screen mode, which causes the format pane to appear, it is difficult to select a paragraph style from the dropdown menu because it only remains visible for as long as I click. instead it in necessary to double click. However, whenI select “Inspector, Format”, I am able to click and select a style. Please fix this. Keep the updates coming! I now have faith that apple is actually going to make this into a usable product.
So good that the missing features are truly heartbreaking
Pages is by far my preferred wordprocessor. In fact it produces such beautiful documents so easily that I would like to use it for serious typography. It even allows the use of OpenType features, including true small caps—something that Microsoft Word still doesn’t do. It works smoothly and gives great results, which compels me to rate it five stars.
That makes it all the more heartbreaking, however, that it is missing such key features, chief among them being facing pages, or mirrored margins. This is essential in serious typography. I have a number of projects that I would much rather do in Pages, but I can’t because this one feature is missing, and so I’m stuck using inferior software that I would certainly not rate five stars. Furthermore, this feature was present in earlier versions, before the mobile and desktop versions were combined. Please, Apple, consider bringing this feature back! It would make Pages my exclusive desktop publishing software.
Overall a great app, worth a five-star rating.
Apple had a great version of Pages and killed it!
To this day I still use Pages version 4.3. That version of Pages has wonderful features and wonderful compatibility in terms of exchanging files with MSWord. Like other reviewers, I need a word processor capable of producing technical documents. Pages version 4.3 works very well for while the current incarnations of Pages fail. I can produce a technical document in Page 4.3 export it to MSWord, make some changes in MSWord and then reimport it perfectly back into Pages 4.3. If I take that same document and open it in the current incarnation of Pages, the document is changed such that it becomes unusable to me.
Pages version 4.3 is a delight to use and I prefer it hugely over MSWord. Apple had a winner and then decided to kill it for some reason. Apple should go back and revive Pages 4.3. It was a winner! Maybe give it a different name … Pages for the Office … or some such thing. The current version of Pages is pretty. But it terms of productivity and features for technical writing, as I and other reviewers do, the current version of Pages is a failure.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Nov 09, 2017
- Version: 6.3.1
- Size: 236 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Apple Inc.
- © 2005-2017 Apple Inc.
Compatibility: macOS 10.12 or later