Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Create gorgeous documents in minutes with the all-new Pages for Mac word processor — featuring a stunning new design, new writing tools, and improved performance. Start with an Apple-designed template or create your own design using fonts, styles, and tools from the intelligent Format Panel. Easily add images, movies, charts, and more. And use change tracking, comments, and highlights to review your work.
With iCloud built in, your documents are kept up to date across all your devices. And now with the beta release of new collaboration features, your team will be able to work together at the same time on a Mac, iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch — even on a PC using iWork for iCloud.
Whatever you write, Pages puts powerful tools at your fingertips. So you can create great-looking, media-rich documents in minutes.
Collaborate with others at the same time (beta)
• With the beta release of new collaboration features, your whole team can work together on a document at the same time
• Collaboration is built right in to Pages on the Mac, iPad, iPhone and iPod touch
• PC users can collaborate too, using Pages for iCloud
• Share your document publicly or with specific people
• You can easily see who’s currently in the document with you
• View other people’s cursors to follow their edits
Get started quickly
• Choose from over 60 Apple-designed templates to instantly create beautiful reports, resumes, cards, and posters
• Simplified toolbar gives you quick access to shapes, media, tables, charts, and sharing options
• The Format Panel automatically updates based on selection
• Import and edit Microsoft Word documents and plain text files
Create beautiful documents
• Format your document with gorgeous styles, fonts, and textures
• Easily update and reorder styles using the new Format Panel
• Use auto-text wrap to flow text around images
• Create and view impressive 2D, 3D, and interactive charts
• Insert photos, music, and video with the Media Browser
• Use powerful graphics tools including Instant Alpha and masking
• Use gorgeous preset styles to make your text, tables, shapes, and images look beautiful
• Edit down to the pixel with the ruler, alignment guides, and powerful graphics tools
• A new unified file format on Mac, iOS, and the web makes documents work seamlessly across platforms
Advanced writing tools
• Turn on change tracking to mark up a document as you edit it
• Use comments and highlights to share ideas and feedback with others
• Show and hide change tracking and comments on mouse-over
• Create footnotes and endnotes and view word counts with character, paragraph, and page counts
• Automatic list making and spell checking
• Seamless integration with MathType* and EndNote* for inserting equations and citations
• Advanced typography features including smart quotes and ligatures
• Easy setup for headers, footers, and document body
• Turn on iCloud so your documents are automatically available on your Mac, iPad, iPhone, iPod touch, and iCloud.com
• Access and edit your documents from a Mac or PC browser at www.icloud.com with Pages for iCloud
• Pages automatically saves your documents as you make changes
Share your work
• Use AirDrop to send your document to anyone nearby
• Quickly and easily share a link to your work via Mail, Messages, Twitter, or Facebook
• Anyone with the shared document link will always have access to the latest version of the document and can edit it with you at iCloud.com
• Export your document in ePub, Microsoft Word, and PDF format
• Print wirelessly with AirPrint, including page range selection, number of copies, and two-sided printing
* MathType and EndNote both sold separately. EndNote integration requires a plug-in available from Pages support link.
Some features may require Internet access; additional fees and terms may apply.
Pages does not include support for some Chinese, Japanese, or Korean (CJK) text input features such as vertical text.
What's New in Version 6.0
• Real-time collaboration (feature in beta)
- Edit a document with others at the same time in Pages on Mac, iPad, iPhone, and iCloud.com
- Share your document publicly or with specific people
- See who else is in a document
- See participants’ cursors as they’re editing
• Open and edit Pages ’05 documents
• Use tabs to work with multiple documents in one window
• Wide color gamut image support
Poor spell check and langauges support, but a good update.
I have raised my rating from 2 to 3 stars with this update, as it has eliminated a glitch that caused the thumnail pane to resize everytime one opened the format pane. However there are still serious problems that need to be addressed. First and foremost, the spell check is not adequite. This is due to the fact that apple eliminated the pages specific spell check and replaced it with the system wide spell check. This would not be a problem if the system wide spell check were any good, but its grammar check is frequently wrong, and it is difficult to change the spellcheck language without changing the keyboard, and changing the keyboard is itself impractical, since I don’t know how to type on foreign keyboards. This is a problem since I write in multiple langauges, often within the same document. In pages 4, one could set the langauge in a specific section using the inspector, but that is no longer possible since the move to pages 5. Apple either needs to fix the system wide spell check, or at least give pages the ability to set specific sections to a specific languge. Secondly, in order for it to be a real wordprocessor, Pages needs to bring back non-contiguous text selection. Thirdly, it would be nice if selecting a page from the thumbnail pane did not deslect whatever one had selected on another page, as this would make text slection over many pages easier.
Still useless if you want to write long documents
After a couple of “new versions” Pages is still useless if you want to write long documents. No automatic number for tables and figures… Without this feature, any serious writer has to search for a new software. Common Apple, do you feel confortable being behind the office suite?
Original Review: It seems that all software/applet that Apple has to present recently is related to graphic design… I believe that most of people that use text editor software use it for “text”, and not for adding pictures, nice fonts, etc… Yes, maybe we can use for creating some “nice” one page adds, but the core is to write thesis, articles, books…In that sense, “Pages” lacks basic features such as automatic caption for figures, tables, etc, and the ability to create bibliographies at the end… (please correct me if I am wrong and these features are hidden somewhere in the software). It is impossible to work in long documents without these basic features that are included in other text editor software… Unfortunately Pages is still lagging behind, and I will still need to use Microsoft Office to work. I only hope that Microsoft updates its Office for mac now…
I am an author, educator and publisher. Pages is the best!
When I saw the number of one star ratings, I knew I had to put in my rating.
I bought my first Apple computer in 1990 and began using WordPerfect. I could make it do almost anything as far as word processing, and clung to it as long as possible. And then, Pages was available and I converted all of my documents.
Pages allows me to create my own forms and templates, from the covers of my books (includiing complex layers of graphics) to a book's text of hundreds of pages with footnotes, end notes, and more.
Pages is flexible. I create legal documents, certificates, add photos, and much more. Two major educational progrtams are completely in Pages. It is the ideal word processor for the creative user who wants software that is capable of doing what you want it to do. It was an easy process of "learn as you go."
The ease of using Pages and the ease with which you can learn froing using it has convinced many of our volunteers to convert to Alpple so they can use Pages.
Pages is not filled with bells and whistles, but does have endless options and each has its own place. I create my own greeting cards, forms for printing labels... Not hneeding to purchase all of those miscellaneous programs, Pages has saved me a lot of money.
Sorry if this is long. I cannot say enouigh good things about this praise-worthy software.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Sep 20, 2016
- Version: 6.0
- Size: 228 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: ITUNES
- © 2005-2016 Apple Inc.
Compatibility: macOS 10.12 or later