Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Create gorgeous documents in minutes with the Pages for Mac word processor — featuring a stunning design, writing tools, and performance. Start with an Apple-designed template or create your own design using fonts, styles, and tools from the intelligent Format Panel. Easily add images, movies, charts, and more. And use change tracking, comments, and highlights to review your work.
With iCloud built in, your documents are kept up to date across all your devices. And with the release of real-time collaboration, your team will be able to work together at the same time on a Mac, iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch — even on a PC using iWork for iCloud.
Whatever you write, Pages puts powerful tools at your fingertips. So you can create great-looking, media-rich documents in minutes.
Collaborate with others at the same time
• With the release of real-time collaboration, your whole team can work together on a document at the same time
• Collaboration is built right in to Pages on the Mac, iPad, iPhone and iPod touch
• PC users can collaborate too, using Pages for iCloud
• Share your document publicly or with specific people
• You can easily see who’s currently in the document with you
• View other people’s cursors to follow their edits
Get started quickly
• Choose from over 60 Apple-designed templates to instantly create beautiful reports, resumes, cards, and posters
• Simplified toolbar gives you quick access to shapes, media, tables, charts, and sharing options
• The Format Panel automatically updates based on selection
• Import and edit Microsoft Word documents and plain text files
Create beautiful documents
• Format your document with gorgeous styles, fonts, and textures
• Easily update and reorder styles using the new Format Panel
• Use auto-text wrap to flow text around images
• Create and view impressive 2D, 3D, and interactive charts
• Insert photos, music, and video with the Media Browser
• Use powerful graphics tools including Instant Alpha and masking
• Use gorgeous preset styles to make your text, tables, shapes, and images look beautiful
• Edit down to the pixel with the ruler, alignment guides, and powerful graphics tools
• Add bookmarks to easily link from one part of your document to another
• Turn on change tracking to mark up a document as you edit it
• Use comments and highlights to share ideas and feedback with others
• Show and hide change tracking and comments on mouse-over
• Create footnotes and endnotes and view word counts with character, paragraph, and page counts
• Automatic list making and spell checking
• Add elegant mathematical equations using LaTeX or MathML notation
• Seamless integration with MathType* and EndNote* for inserting equations and citations
• Advanced typography features including smart quotes and ligatures
• Easy setup for headers, footers, and document body
• Quickly open password-protected documents using Touch ID
• Turn on iCloud so your documents are automatically available on your Mac, iPad, iPhone, iPod touch, and iCloud.com
• Access and edit your documents from a Mac or PC browser at www.icloud.com with Pages for iCloud
• Pages automatically saves your documents as you make changes
Share a copy of your work
• Use AirDrop to send your document to anyone nearby
• Quickly and easily share a link to your work via Mail, Messages, Twitter, or Facebook
• Anyone with the shared document link will always have access to the latest version of the document and can edit it with you at iCloud.com
• Export your document in ePub, Microsoft Word, and PDF format
* MathType and EndNote both sold separately. EndNote integration requires a plug-in available from Pages support link.
Some features may require Internet access; additional fees and terms may apply.
Pages does not include support for some Chinese, Japanese, or Korean (CJK) text input features such as vertical text.
What's New in Version 6.1.1
This update contains stability and performance improvements.
Bookmarks Are Back!
I’ve rated Pages 1 star ever since the release of the new Pages, and have been using Pages ’09 until this version, for one reason: The lack of bookmark support. Well, good news: BOOKMARK SUPPORT IS BACK!
The bad news, though, is that for large documents (200+ pages), this application is perilously slow—so slow it’s nearly unusable. This isn’t the case for Pages ’09. So good on Apple for adding bookmark support, but…can I please *use* Pages? I can’t get through typing a single word without the beach ball popping up three or four times.
Furthermore, the way bookmarks work is a little clunky. Previously you’d click on the bookmark and instantly go to the anchor. Now you click on it, the program thinks for a second, then pulls up a window asking if you want to click on the bookmark or edit it. Why? Why do this? It’s pointless—and it slows down what used to be speedy and efficient. Please consider making it *less* functional and have it go back to simply being a link, Apple!
It’s The Small Changes That Keep This From Being 5 Stars
I’ve used Pages for years. I love this program, especially since it’s free. Personally I think it’s far superior to Word. The problem is with the new update they changed a few small things that made Pages take a step back. The most prominent one right now is the way to adjust font size. The dropdown menu is a step down from the arrows to go up and down. The worst part is I use to be able to do certain sizes such as 11.3 to get everything perfectly on a page, but not anymore. It’s really frustrating that Apple did not improve this application but made it harder to use. Seems to be the theme since I know some functions from Pages ’09 that people loved are no longer on the application.
Font size choice!
Why did they take away the font size arrows in which you can click the up or down arrow to move 1 size quickly. Now you have to click on the blue arrow, choose the selections they give you or type the number you want!! I am a teacher and it was so smooth and fast to just make a title for my papers fit the entire line by using one click. Now it is such a hastle and the frustration begins. Please return the continituos scroll for font size selection. I don’t want to type in 68 font and HOPE it is the right size when all I should be able to do it click once and watch the font change in front of my eyes on the page.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Apr 25, 2017
- Version: 6.1.1
- Size: 230 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Apple Inc.
- © 2005-2017 Apple Inc.
Compatibility: macOS 10.12 or later