Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Create gorgeous documents in minutes with the all-new Pages for Mac word processor — featuring a stunning new design, new writing tools, and improved performance. Start with an Apple-designed template or create your own design using fonts, styles, and tools from the intelligent Format Panel. Easily add images, movies, charts, and more. And use change tracking, comments, and highlights to review your work.
With iCloud built in, your documents are kept up to date across all your devices. And now with the beta release of new collaboration features, your team will be able to work together at the same time on a Mac, iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch — even on a PC using iWork for iCloud.
Whatever you write, Pages puts powerful tools at your fingertips. So you can create great-looking, media-rich documents in minutes.
Collaborate with others at the same time (beta)
• With the beta release of new collaboration features, your whole team can work together on a document at the same time
• Collaboration is built right in to Pages on the Mac, iPad, iPhone and iPod touch
• PC users can collaborate too, using Pages for iCloud
• Share your document publicly or with specific people
• You can easily see who’s currently in the document with you
• View other people’s cursors to follow their edits
Get started quickly
• Choose from over 60 Apple-designed templates to instantly create beautiful reports, resumes, cards, and posters
• Simplified toolbar gives you quick access to shapes, media, tables, charts, and sharing options
• The Format Panel automatically updates based on selection
• Import and edit Microsoft Word documents and plain text files
Create beautiful documents
• Format your document with gorgeous styles, fonts, and textures
• Easily update and reorder styles using the new Format Panel
• Use auto-text wrap to flow text around images
• Create and view impressive 2D, 3D, and interactive charts
• Insert photos, music, and video with the Media Browser
• Use powerful graphics tools including Instant Alpha and masking
• Use gorgeous preset styles to make your text, tables, shapes, and images look beautiful
• Edit down to the pixel with the ruler, alignment guides, and powerful graphics tools
• A new unified file format on Mac, iOS, and the web makes documents work seamlessly across platforms
Advanced writing tools
• Turn on change tracking to mark up a document as you edit it
• Use comments and highlights to share ideas and feedback with others
• Show and hide change tracking and comments on mouse-over
• Create footnotes and endnotes and view word counts with character, paragraph, and page counts
• Automatic list making and spell checking
• Seamless integration with MathType* and EndNote* for inserting equations and citations
• Advanced typography features including smart quotes and ligatures
• Easy setup for headers, footers, and document body
• Turn on iCloud so your documents are automatically available on your Mac, iPad, iPhone, iPod touch, and iCloud.com
• Access and edit your documents from a Mac or PC browser at www.icloud.com with Pages for iCloud
• Pages automatically saves your documents as you make changes
Share your work
• Use AirDrop to send your document to anyone nearby
• Quickly and easily share a link to your work via Mail, Messages, Twitter, or Facebook
• Anyone with the shared document link will always have access to the latest version of the document and can edit it with you at iCloud.com
• Export your document in ePub, Microsoft Word, and PDF format
• Print wirelessly with AirPrint, including page range selection, number of copies, and two-sided printing
* MathType and EndNote both sold separately. EndNote integration requires a plug-in available from Pages support link.
Some features may require Internet access; additional fees and terms may apply.
Pages does not include support for some Chinese, Japanese, or Korean (CJK) text input features such as vertical text.
What's New in Version 6.0.5
• Support for Touch Bar on the new MacBook Pro lets you easily edit text, shapes, tables and charts
• Stability and performance improvements
Pages creates more problems than it solves
Pages runs like a first draft program. You may get your paper written, but the process is more difficult than it has to be. Writing is part of my job so I can type pretty fast at times and Pages frequently struggles to keep up and has to fill in behind me after about 2 seconds, which might as well be a century in computer terms. Another common problem is when I misspell a word or drop a letter here and there, the spell check gets it wrong almost every time forcing me to go back and change it myself. These mistakes, like typing “typinh” instead of “typing” are easily correctable in programs like Word but Pages seems to freak out everytime I make a mistake and sometimes adds 3 extra letters that don’t make any sense. It botches the word so bad that the spell check can’t come up with suggestions to automatically fix it. Even the auto complete function that guesses a word as you type will sometimes restart the word in the middle. These are the most basic expectations for a spell check system and it makes it worse everytime I go to write something. If nothing else, a text app should make writing as efficient as possible, but instead, Pages creates more problems that I have to correct manually.
WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS TO MEEEEEE
This word processor has got to be the most infuriating program I have ever used on my MacBook Air. I don’t understand how a company that creates beautiful UI and products could also create a crummy word processor. I never realized that it was just pages until I started asking my friend who all have macs but use Word for their projects and papers, and then slowly started to realize my computer isnt slow at all, its JUST PAGES. Everytime I am typing something in pages, the program will lag and autocorrect a word I am not finished typing. I am not a typist, there is no way I am typing too fast for the program to keep up with me. I still look at my keyboard when I’m typing for christ sake! This is only slightly annoying about half the time, but as I am finishing up college and going into grad school, I am typing more and more projects and papers. I have two apps open besides pages, safari with one browser open and messages. I closed all the other apps becuase I thought my computer was running slow. Nope, just pages! I’m not typing anything crazy, just a page long response. I can’t get through a single sentence without getting a beach ball and having to retype words that were autocorrected midway through the word. I AM SO ANNOYED FOR THE LOVE OF GOD FIX THIS I DONT WANT TO DOWNLOAD A DIFFERENT PROGRAM
I have to use Word because Pages lacks
I love the look of text in Pages, it’s beautiful. The resolution is sharp and the contrast amazing. It’s also easy to use and transfers pretty well into Word and other formats. However, I do a lot of content creation and it FRUSTRATES the heck out of me that I can’t view my content in a side-by-side view. I have a big, gorgeous Mac desktop and I bought it thinking I could view multiple pages as I used to do in Word and skim the overall length and layout, etc. of 2, 4, 6 pages at a time.
Now, I have to save it as a Word docx, open it in Word and do that multiple-page view. It’s a PAIN. I’ve learned Apple did away with this feature a few years ago and it’s a shame. I think I’m going to just stick with Word, despite it’s clunky look and interface because Pages woefully lacks in this area. And it seems like a simple thing to add.
There also seems to be no response from Apple on this. No update adding it or rationale as to why the change was made. I’m severely disappointed.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Oct 27, 2016
- Version: 6.0.5
- Size: 228 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Apple Inc.
- © 2005-2016 Apple Inc.
Compatibility: macOS 10.12 or later