Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Create gorgeous documents in minutes with the all-new Pages for Mac word processor — featuring a stunning new design, new writing tools, and improved performance. Start with an Apple-designed template or create your own design using fonts, styles, and tools from the intelligent Format Panel. Easily add images, movies, charts, and more. And use change tracking, comments, and highlights to review your work.
With iCloud built in, your documents are kept up to date across all your devices. And now with the beta release of new collaboration features, your team will be able to work together at the same time on a Mac, iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch — even on a PC using iWork for iCloud.
Whatever you write, Pages puts powerful tools at your fingertips. So you can create great-looking, media-rich documents in minutes.
Collaborate with others at the same time (beta)
• With the beta release of new collaboration features, your whole team can work together on a document at the same time
• Collaboration is built right in to Pages on the Mac, iPad, iPhone and iPod touch
• PC users can collaborate too, using Pages for iCloud
• Share your document publicly or with specific people
• You can easily see who’s currently in the document with you
• View other people’s cursors to follow their edits
Get started quickly
• Choose from over 60 Apple-designed templates to instantly create beautiful reports, resumes, cards, and posters
• Simplified toolbar gives you quick access to shapes, media, tables, charts, and sharing options
• The Format Panel automatically updates based on selection
• Import and edit Microsoft Word documents and plain text files
Create beautiful documents
• Format your document with gorgeous styles, fonts, and textures
• Easily update and reorder styles using the new Format Panel
• Use auto-text wrap to flow text around images
• Create and view impressive 2D, 3D, and interactive charts
• Insert photos, music, and video with the Media Browser
• Use powerful graphics tools including Instant Alpha and masking
• Use gorgeous preset styles to make your text, tables, shapes, and images look beautiful
• Edit down to the pixel with the ruler, alignment guides, and powerful graphics tools
• A new unified file format on Mac, iOS, and the web makes documents work seamlessly across platforms
Advanced writing tools
• Turn on change tracking to mark up a document as you edit it
• Use comments and highlights to share ideas and feedback with others
• Show and hide change tracking and comments on mouse-over
• Create footnotes and endnotes and view word counts with character, paragraph, and page counts
• Automatic list making and spell checking
• Seamless integration with MathType* and EndNote* for inserting equations and citations
• Advanced typography features including smart quotes and ligatures
• Easy setup for headers, footers, and document body
• Turn on iCloud so your documents are automatically available on your Mac, iPad, iPhone, iPod touch, and iCloud.com
• Access and edit your documents from a Mac or PC browser at www.icloud.com with Pages for iCloud
• Pages automatically saves your documents as you make changes
Share your work
• Use AirDrop to send your document to anyone nearby
• Quickly and easily share a link to your work via Mail, Messages, Twitter, or Facebook
• Anyone with the shared document link will always have access to the latest version of the document and can edit it with you at iCloud.com
• Export your document in ePub, Microsoft Word, and PDF format
• Print wirelessly with AirPrint, including page range selection, number of copies, and two-sided printing
* MathType and EndNote both sold separately. EndNote integration requires a plug-in available from Pages support link.
Some features may require Internet access; additional fees and terms may apply.
Pages does not include support for some Chinese, Japanese, or Korean (CJK) text input features such as vertical text.
What's New in Version 6.0.5
• Support for Touch Bar on the new MacBook Pro lets you easily edit text, shapes, tables and charts
• Stability and performance improvements
Every major update a major disappointment
I used to solely use Pages back when it was the 09 version, such a powerful app, great layout editor and so much potential. Always got excited with every announcement of updates, but since then, the app just got worse. The new version announced to be wriiten from ground up never got close to the old one. I’m almost giving up on the app since the last update to be Sierra compatible. I use Pages in 3-4 different languages, and MANY of the automatic text (like dates, time, footnote, etc) only appear or edit in my OS native language (English), tried changing International data and many other workarounds with absolutely no success. I already gave up using for work, since many important official documents started appearing with dates in English format (automatic fields) instead of the language they were originally created in previous versions. Consistency MUST always be FIRST if you wish to target bussiness, dear Cupertino Offices. Make iWork great again. :D
Pages used to be amazing. It was a powerful word processor that also let you do some low-level graphic design. You could make nice looking projects in Pages. Then they wanted to make a seemless experience between MacOS and iOS, so that took away many of the graphic design features. There are much better design programs out there, and I am all for streamlining a program to be one thing, but you have to be good at the one thing.
Pages is now frustrating to use. I’ve used it through most of Bachelors degree and all the way through my Masters. I had never even considered switching until the newest update. The auto-correct is infuriating. It is mispelling words and inserting characters in an attempt to “out-type” me! I spend way to much time back tracking to correct the spelling errors that are inserted by auto-correct. Most of the rest of the program functions the same, but this tweak to this feature has made Pages a hassle to use!
What did you do???
I need a place to vent. This program went from being one of the greatest word processors of all time to making me pull my hair out. I know I have an older Mac (2012) but every other program runs just fine. Pages ran just fine, then I update and it treats every spelling error as a crisis event. Each misspelled word leads to a beach ball and 3 seconds of the programing slowing so badly words stop appearing. Granted I am a terrible speller, but that makes the problem even worse. Its a misspelling. Autocorrect does not cause this problem in any other program. Even the words I misspelled writing this review were flawlessly fixed. Why can’t pages deliver an experience as good as a program that is not even a word processor? It’s crazy making and upsetting as I have relied on Pages for years. My has the apple executive team suddenly decided to abandon the Pages team who I am sure want to do better work than this? Fix it please!
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Oct 27, 2016
- Version: 6.0.5
- Size: 228 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Apple Inc.
- © 2005-2016 Apple Inc.
Compatibility: macOS 10.12 or later