Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Create gorgeous documents in minutes with the Pages for Mac word processor — featuring a stunning design, writing tools, and performance. Start with an Apple-designed template or create your own design using fonts, styles, and tools from the intelligent Format Panel. Easily add images, movies, charts, and more. And use change tracking, comments, and highlights to review your work.
With iCloud built in, your documents are kept up to date across all your devices. And with the release of real-time collaboration, your team will be able to work together at the same time on a Mac, iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch — even on a PC using iWork for iCloud.
Whatever you write, Pages puts powerful tools at your fingertips. So you can create great-looking, media-rich documents in minutes.
Collaborate with others at the same time
• With the release of real-time collaboration, your whole team can work together on a document at the same time
• Collaboration is built right in to Pages on the Mac, iPad, iPhone and iPod touch
• PC users can collaborate too, using Pages for iCloud
• Share your document publicly or with specific people
• You can easily see who’s currently in the document with you
• View other people’s cursors to follow their edits
Get started quickly
• Choose from over 60 Apple-designed templates to instantly create beautiful reports, resumes, cards, and posters
• Simplified toolbar gives you quick access to shapes, media, tables, charts, and sharing options
• The Format Panel automatically updates based on selection
• Import and edit Microsoft Word documents and plain text files
Create beautiful documents
• Format your document with gorgeous styles, fonts, and textures
• Easily update and reorder styles using the new Format Panel
• Use auto-text wrap to flow text around images
• Create and view impressive 2D, 3D, and interactive charts
• Insert photos, music, and video with the Media Browser
• Use powerful graphics tools including Instant Alpha and masking
• Use gorgeous preset styles to make your text, tables, shapes, and images look beautiful
• Edit down to the pixel with the ruler, alignment guides, and powerful graphics tools
• Add bookmarks to easily link from one part of your document to another
• Turn on change tracking to mark up a document as you edit it
• Use comments and highlights to share ideas and feedback with others
• Show and hide change tracking and comments on mouse-over
• Create footnotes and endnotes and view word counts with character, paragraph, and page counts
• Automatic list making and spell checking
• Add elegant mathematical equations using LaTeX or MathML notation
• Seamless integration with MathType* and EndNote* for inserting equations and citations
• Advanced typography features including smart quotes and ligatures
• Easy setup for headers, footers, and document body
• Quickly open password-protected documents using Touch ID
• Turn on iCloud so your documents are automatically available on your Mac, iPad, iPhone, iPod touch, and iCloud.com
• Access and edit your documents from a Mac or PC browser at www.icloud.com with Pages for iCloud
• Pages automatically saves your documents as you make changes
Share a copy of your work
• Use AirDrop to send your document to anyone nearby
• Quickly and easily share a link to your work via Mail, Messages, Twitter, or Facebook
• Anyone with the shared document link will always have access to the latest version of the document and can edit it with you at iCloud.com
• Export your document in ePub, Microsoft Word, and PDF format
* MathType and EndNote both sold separately. EndNote integration requires a plug-in available from Pages support link.
Some features may require Internet access; additional fees and terms may apply.
Pages does not include support for some Chinese, Japanese, or Korean (CJK) text input features such as vertical text.
What's New in Version 6.2
• Enhance your documents using a library of over 500 professionally drawn shapes
• Reply to comments and join threaded conversations
• Add linked text boxes so text easily flows from one place to another
• New auto-correction and text replacement options save time while typing
• Export documents as fixed layout ePub books
• Change margins, headers, footers and paper size while collaborating
• Improved support for Hebrew and Arabic languages
• The Stock and Currency functions now return data from the previous market day’s close
Still needs verticle alignment and non-contiguous text selection
This is a good update which fixed many problems, so I have raised my rating to 3 stars. However, in order for it to be a real wordprocessor, Pages needs to bring back non-contiguous text selection, and it needs to support vertical alignment. It would also be nice if selecting a page from the thumbnail pane did not deslect whatever one had selected on another page, as this would make text slection over many pages easier. The following bug persists: when I move the cursor to the right side of the screen in full screen mode, which causes the format pane to appear, it is difficult to select a paragraph style from the dropdown menu because it only remains visible for as long as I click. instead it in necessary to double click. However, whenI select “Inspector, Format”, I am able to click and select a style. Please fix this. Keep the updates coming! I now have faith that apple is actually going to make this into a usable product.
Pages 6.2 represents 1 step forward and 2 steps back
Pages 6.2 introduced linked text boxes and allows editing of super- and subscripts in the iOS version. This builds on the introduction of Latex and MathML formats for equation editing in 6.1 and suggests that we are moving back to the the outstanding, feature-rich characteristics of Pages 4.3. However, version 6.2 has broken Endnote citation formatting in which in text citations no longer follow the format chosen under the edit menu although the endnote Bibliography does. Come on Apple - you have a reputation for attention to detail which seems to have slipped with Pages. While pages remains the best application for creating documents that fluidly combine text and graphics on the Mac, it remains a frustrating struggle for many students and faculty in academia to produce technical documents using Pages. Just a little more attention to detail and meeting users’ needs would help enormously. Use us as your beta testers to determine whether releases are ready for primetime.
Pages has been gutted — Avoid this software!
UPDATE 6.2 June 2017. I have pretty much given up on Pages but should note that this version represents a significant step forward with (imprefectly impletmented) linked text boxes. 3 years too late, but hey . . . Still many things missing that were available in Pages 09 (4.3):
- No “facing pages,” i.e., ability to have left/right headers and footers. This makes books & booklets impossible
- No native mail merge (there is a cumbersome 3rd party app)
- No non-contiguous text selection
- CRIPPLED find/replace (for example, you can’t find/replace straight quotes with smart quotes—really.)
- You cannot print comments.
- clumsy implementation of word count. Instead of being able to see word/page count at a glance, ythere is a little bubble that obsciures some of your text that reports word count. You need to click to see page count.
-Linking textboxes seems to work only in one direction,: it imore primitive than version 4.3
Still, an improvement after the garbage versions of 5.xx-6.1. ]I give it 2 stars.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Jun 13, 2017
- Version: 6.2
- Size: 237 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Apple Inc.
- © 2005-2017 Apple Inc.
Compatibility: macOS 10.12 or later