Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Create gorgeous documents in minutes with the all-new Pages for Mac word processor — featuring a stunning new design, new writing tools, and improved performance. Start with an Apple-designed template or create your own design using fonts, styles, and tools from the intelligent Format Panel. Easily add images, movies, charts, and more. And use change tracking, comments, and highlights to review your work.
With iCloud, your documents are kept up to date across all your devices. You can instantly share a document using just a link, giving others the latest version and the ability to edit it directly with Pages for iCloud beta from www.icloud.com using a Mac or PC browser. And with a new unified file format across Mac, iOS, and web, your documents are consistently beautiful everywhere you open them.
Whatever you write, Pages puts powerful tools at your fingertips. So you can create great-looking, media-rich documents in minutes.
Get started quickly
• Choose from over 60 Apple-designed templates to instantly create beautiful reports, resumes, cards, and posters
• Simplified toolbar gives you quick access to shapes, media, tables, charts, and sharing options
• The new Format Panel automatically updates based on selection
• Import and edit Microsoft Word documents and plain text files
• Turn on Coaching Tips for guided in-app help
Create beautiful documents
• Format your document with gorgeous styles, fonts, and textures
• Easily update and reorder styles using the new Format Panel
• Use auto-text wrap to flow text around images
• Create and view impressive 2D, 3D, and interactive charts
• Insert iLife photos, music, and video with the Media Browser
• Use powerful graphics tools including Instant Alpha and masking
• Use gorgeous preset styles to make your text, tables, shapes, and images look beautiful
• Edit down to the pixel with the ruler, alignment guides, and powerful graphics tools
• A new unified file format on Mac, iOS, and the web makes documents work seamlessly across platforms
Advanced writing tools
• Turn on change tracking to mark up a document as you edit it
• Use comments and highlights to share ideas and feedback with others
• Show and hide change tracking and comments on mouse-over
• Create footnotes and endnotes and view word counts with character, paragraph, and page counts
• Automatic list making and spell checking
• Seamless integration with MathType* and EndNote* for inserting equations and citations
• Advanced typography features including smart quotes and ligatures
• Easy setup for headers, footers, and document body
• Turn on iCloud so your documents are automatically available on your Mac, iPad, iPhone, iPod touch, and iCloud.com
• Access and edit your documents from a Mac or PC browser at www.icloud.com with Pages for iCloud beta
• Pages automatically saves your documents as you make changes
Share your work
• Use AirDrop to send your document to anyone nearby
• Quickly and easily share a link to your work via Mail, Messages, Twitter, or Facebook
• Anyone with the shared document link will always have access to the latest version of the document and can edit it with you at iCloud.com
• Export your document in ePub, Microsoft Word, and PDF format
• Print wirelessly with AirPrint, including page range selection, number of copies, and two-sided printing
* MathType and EndNote both sold separately. EndNote integration requires plug-in available from Pages support link.
Some features may require Internet access; additional fees and terms may apply.
Pages does not include support for some Chinese, Japanese, or Korean (CJK) text input features such as vertical text.
Pages for iCloud beta is currently available in English only.
What's New in Version 5.5.3
This update contains stability improvements and bug fixes.
Apple needs to pull their head out
Apple software quality has gone downhill way too far. I’ve been a loyal Apple user for 30 years (yes, even when Apple sucked worse than now), but I’m finally considering ditching anything and everything I own that has that silly little apple icon on it, because it has become a symbol for frustration, poor quality, and inconsistency (things “just not working”). Just read all of the other one-star reviews if you want to know my feeling about this version of the Pages app. Apple has stopped listening to its customers, though. They don’t care about our needs—they only care about the most effective ways to pull cash out of our wallets without us noticing, because they refuse to provide the value for which we’d willingly pay. How dare you destroy the previous purchases of Pages ’09 by disabling it and replacing it with a crippled version? Apple should be sued! Customers didn’t give you permission to delete any software for which they’ve paid, or to remove features after payment. Apple doesn’t care about creatives anymore—they want consumers only!! They figure that companies like Adobe will provide all creative software necessary for Apple’s creative developers. Unfortunately, it means that Apple has abandoned us.
Solid App & iOS Compatibility
A recent update to Pages saw a number of features removed most likely so that the OS X & iOS apps are compatible with each other. Otherwise, the iOS app would be little more than a viewer app with little or no functionality. Recent updates to both apps have brought both new & returning features as Apple works out how features can be functional on both platforms. Pages is a good word processor, while it is not a feature competitor to Microsoft Word, it offers practical features that users will use. The UI remains simple to use by avoiding cramming lots of rarely used or never used features. As a user of both Pages & Word, my preference for Pages is in how easy it is to build a professional document. Apple understands the need to support a basic line of apps for OS X & fulfills that need with apps that are approachable by most users. This is accomplished through an uncomplicated UI, compatibility with iOS & low software cost.
irritating app that seems helpful at first
Was very excited to get the new version of Pages as I’d been using an older one for the last three years. I actually bought my Mac because I felt bad for using my Girlfriend’s all the time. The MAIN thing I use this app for is business and only today with a week left in my deadline I’ve found that this new version of Pages has removed some of the functions that made it so useful in the first place. You CANNOT connect Text Boxes. Take a moment to let that sink in. This is a very basic function for anyone who wants to span some of their writing over multiple pages. Yes, your pages will connect. Yes this is a decent word-processer. Yes, there are nice fonts, and a little bit of room for small time design. But it’s simply not the caliber of program it used to be and if you’re putting something together like a newsletter, brochure, chapbook, or playbill, or any other multipage document with text and images - this is not the application for you.
I now must go grovel back to my GF to borrow her OLDER computer to do my work.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Apr 21, 2015
- Version: 5.5.3
- Size: 295 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Catalan, Chinese, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Apple Inc.
- © 2005-2015 Apple Inc.
Compatibility: OS X 10.10 or later