Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Create gorgeous documents in minutes with the all-new Pages for Mac word processor — featuring a stunning new design, new writing tools, and improved performance. Start with an Apple-designed template or create your own design using fonts, styles, and tools from the intelligent Format Panel. Easily add images, movies, charts, and more. And use change tracking, comments, and highlights to review your work.
With iCloud, your documents are kept up to date across all your devices. You can instantly share a document using just a link, giving others the latest version and the ability to edit it directly with Pages for iCloud from www.icloud.com using a Mac or PC browser. And with a new unified file format across Mac, iOS, and web, your documents are consistently beautiful everywhere you open them.
Whatever you write, Pages puts powerful tools at your fingertips. So you can create great-looking, media-rich documents in minutes.
Get started quickly
• Choose from over 60 Apple-designed templates to instantly create beautiful reports, resumes, cards, and posters
• Simplified toolbar gives you quick access to shapes, media, tables, charts, and sharing options
• The new Format Panel automatically updates based on selection
• Import and edit Microsoft Word documents and plain text files
• Turn on Coaching Tips for guided in-app help
Create beautiful documents
• Format your document with gorgeous styles, fonts, and textures
• Easily update and reorder styles using the new Format Panel
• Use auto-text wrap to flow text around images
• Create and view impressive 2D, 3D, and interactive charts
• Insert photos, music, and video with the Media Browser
• Use powerful graphics tools including Instant Alpha and masking
• Use gorgeous preset styles to make your text, tables, shapes, and images look beautiful
• Edit down to the pixel with the ruler, alignment guides, and powerful graphics tools
• A new unified file format on Mac, iOS, and the web makes documents work seamlessly across platforms
Advanced writing tools
• Turn on change tracking to mark up a document as you edit it
• Use comments and highlights to share ideas and feedback with others
• Show and hide change tracking and comments on mouse-over
• Create footnotes and endnotes and view word counts with character, paragraph, and page counts
• Automatic list making and spell checking
• Seamless integration with MathType* and EndNote* for inserting equations and citations
• Advanced typography features including smart quotes and ligatures
• Easy setup for headers, footers, and document body
• Turn on iCloud so your documents are automatically available on your Mac, iPad, iPhone, iPod touch, and iCloud.com
• Access and edit your documents from a Mac or PC browser at www.icloud.com with Pages for iCloud
• Pages automatically saves your documents as you make changes
Share your work
• Use AirDrop to send your document to anyone nearby
• Quickly and easily share a link to your work via Mail, Messages, Twitter, or Facebook
• Anyone with the shared document link will always have access to the latest version of the document and can edit it with you at iCloud.com
• Export your document in ePub, Microsoft Word, and PDF format
• Print wirelessly with AirPrint, including page range selection, number of copies, and two-sided printing
* MathType and EndNote both sold separately. EndNote integration requires a plug-in available from Pages support link.
Some features may require Internet access; additional fees and terms may apply.
Pages does not include support for some Chinese, Japanese, or Korean (CJK) text input features such as vertical text.
What's New in Version 5.6.2
This update contains stability improvements and bug fixes.
Please bring back the ability to see 2-pages side-by-side
As an published author, the ability to see 2 pages side-by-side (as you had in the 09 version) was great because it gave me the ability to judge the flow of a scene, and thus, move a paragraph or paragraphs around to make the scene or chapter flow better. The only way I can do it now is to have the “Zoom” set on 75%, which even on the 27” iMac makes it hard to read at times. So could you please bring it back. On the great side, I had been an MSWord user during my academic studies, but I am hooked on Pages because of ease of formatting and the use of Character styles especially when it comes to writing speeches or lectures. Apple’s management needs to listen to us who have concerns about what has been left out of this version, because we used those parts of the 09 program that somebody did not think were valuable. We would not tell you these things if they were not important to us. It is okay to make the changes you did, but all we are asking is that you do not toss out the baby with the bath water. - thanks
Bring back Pages 09 - Please!
I have been avoiding updating to the new Pages that was released after Pages 09 due to its so many problems. It does not link text blocks [a no brainer for page layout], I cannot cut and paste into it from other programs as was the norm previously. I most times cannot open from double-clicking the desktop instead having to go into the program and open from ‘file’. Emailing a doc makes a mess.
After having been released years ago, and Apple receiving so much feedback as to the disappointing product, you would think they would improve it. But they don’t. I sometimes wonder if there is a brick wall isolating Apple from its customers so that they do not need to respond to them.
Fortunately I can still use Migration Assitant to bring over the older version of Pages with me as I upgrade computers, but not sure how long that will be possible. I would hate to have to use Word, especially when Apple had a great program in the Pages 09 that they have abandoned. Its not even possible to re-download it from the App Store site even though I have purchased it.
Pages to the Rescue!
I’m a scientific editor, and my clients require that I use Word. Sorry that I have to disregard the tip below regarding other apps; however, Word 365 (Word 2016) for Mac was a disaster at first, because it crashed when it opened files. After spending too much time with Office Tech Support, this problem was fixed, but now Word crashes when I try to use the recently restored "customize tool bars” feature (which was tragically omitted from the previous versions of Word 365). Word 2011 has it’s problems with handling doc files and files with graphics/Asian fonts, but I have had to use it because of Word 365’s hopelessness. Note that Microsoft will stop supporting Word 2011 in September 2016. So I started using Pages again, and despite some of the problems noted by other reviewers, it works fine and has rescued several jobs from the grips of Word. I may switch to Pages for good even in the unlikely event that Microsoft will get its act together.
Note to Apple: Please don’t discontinue Pages!
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: May 10, 2016
- Version: 5.6.2
- Size: 224 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Apple Inc.
- © 2005-2016 Apple Inc.
Compatibility: OS X 10.10.4 or later