The PainScale app offers a FREE suite of pain management tools to help chronic pain patients.
Created with input from doctors and chronic pain patients, the Pain Diary organizes all the information the patient needs in one accessible location. With over 800 organized articles, health tips, exercises, and information on pain meditation programs and treatment options, PainScale provides personalize pain management education for users. Trusted content with medical sources including Mayo Clinic, WebMD, Johns Hopkins University, US Pain Foundation and more is available to help people understand their symptoms and better manage their condition. By providing insights to a community of other patients who share their treatment information, PainScale helps patients discover treatment options that may work for their condition.
• Pain Diary – log and track your pain to track triggers, pain intensity, symptoms, treatments, medications, activity, mood, and sleep
• Pain Reports – get and send summary and detailed reports for better patient-physician communication
• Insights - personal tips to help you discover treatment options to better manage your condition
• Trusted Content – get FREE access to a searchable library of articles, videos, and meditations to help find pain relief
• Daily Health Tips – get daily meditation, stretches, and exercise routines
• Apple HealthKit Integration – simple tracking with Apple HealthKit for simplified tracking of your health and fitness activity
• Reminders – get reminders to help stay engaged with restoring your health
• Care Team Communication - tap-to call and tap-to message functionality that connects you directly with your Physician and Support Network
• Customize your experience for pain management with a personal profile
Have a question for your doctor? Get the info you need in the following topics:
• Chronic pain
• Pain relief
• Lower back pain
• Back pain
• Neck pain
• Failed back surgery
• Pain management
• Nerve pain
Get Help: contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Visit Us: Access your account on the web. Log in at https://www.painscale.com
Like Us: Join the PainScale community by liking us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/MyPainScale/
A pain scale and pain diary has been used by physicians for almost five decades – it is one of the most valuable tools in pain management. PainScale internet site and app is designed for education purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of someone else, you should always consult with a physician or other healthcare professional.
Thank you for all the feedback on the recently released detailed bodymap feature. In this version we have enhanced the pain log experience to be quicker and effortless,
- No Pain Condition: We have added capabilities to quickly log “No Pain” as an overall pain level, thereby able to bypass all detailed pain log steps when no pain is experienced.
- Clone Log : Any old log can be cloned or the values from an old log can be pre-populated in the new log, thereby reduce the time to make new logs.
- Bug Fixes : We have improved the app performance and Fixed some bugs.
Ratings and Reviews
Good so far. Thank you for helping
I only really started using it yesterday, but so far I think this app is good. It's definitely already better than the same ole same ole dummied down advice that all the know-it-alls try and shove in our faces. I'm definitely interested to continue using this. I have a team of doctors helping me with my post thorocotomy pain and they are all amazing. Any tool that could help me communicate with them more efficiently and precisely is valuable.
I also liked having the internet connections to other info. Sometimes it feels like chronic pain patients get ignored or lost in the whole war on opioids and this pervasive attitude can make it difficult or embarrassing to talk honestly with our doctors; again, this app helps patients communicate with their doctors and I appreciate that.
Before seeing some people on this app I rarely see advocates for patients like us. We are at home in pain; we are not physically capable of going on a big march or go to any war. We do need a voice though. When patients feel unheard in their own society that can lead to depression and then more pain, as you know. Thank you for trying to help us.
I will write more after I use the app longer and have better feedback.
Adequate for needs (I guess)
Okay for noting symptoms, but anyone with chronic pain knows that pain typically fluctuates throughout the day – and with certain activities. Not only is this app a bit of a chore to use, it LACKS: the requisite specificity (e.g., targeted areas, different pain scales for different areas of the body, etc.); the ability for late entries (we can't always document pain when it is occurring – especially severe pain); the ability to customize symptoms.
Plus, the trends are inaccurate and the "streaks" seem inconsistent. I don't know whether the app is not recording my logs or there's some erroneous #SecretSauce to the analytics. Downloading my report (when I need it) has also been an issue.
It's OK to have the tips/articles in a separate tab; but they can be a bit of a nuisance when I'm trying (to get in and out) to log symptoms.
Lost all my data
I’ve been using the app for just a few days in preparation for my doctors visit in a few weeks. I tracked a few journal entries, pain logs, food journals etc... everything seemed fine until today when I went in and recorded another pain log just to notice that all my past data has been lost. Even the log I recorded today is not there. I tried to reach out to customer support via the app but it kept telling me I haven’t set up an account (although I have...), leaving me with no other means to reach out to them. Seems like a promising app and interface is easy to use and navigate but not useful if data is lost in the process. Hopefully it’s an issue that will be fixed!
- Boston Scientific
- 73.7 MB
- Requires iOS 10 or later. Compatible with iPhone and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- © Boston Scientific Corporation or its affiliates. All rights reserved.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.