By MICHAEL CHEN
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
✭✭✭Special offer, only $2.99 now!✭✭✭
Paint Canvas is a paint app with the photo effects tool for OS X similar to Microsoft Paint. It provides users the basic tool to draw quickly.
➤Support image formats such as png, tiff, bmp, jpeg, gif and so on.
➤Paint/Drawing with the precise brush
➤Change canvas size for the images
➤Combine multiple photos into one
➤Basic shapes tool
➤Line, Bezier, Curve drawing
➤Add text on the image
Just pick a tool, pick a color, try Paint Canvas and enjoy your life!
Please feel free to contact us with the e-mail “email@example.com” if you have any problem!
Has Potential, but not quite where I need it
My main interest is for something I can create hand written screencasts with, similar to Khan Academy. I like the minimalist approach and that I can open an image to write on so that I am not stuck with white backgrounds. Right now it OK for this, but not ideal and would benefit from a few changes:
1. The paint brush needs anti-aliasing because it is really jaggy right now, and is not good for writing (smooth painting).
2. It would be nice to have an easy way to switch between more than two colors, and do this with keystrokes. Perhaps with a set of four swatches lined up on the palate so users can just click the desired color quickly.
3. Full screen compatibility is important on laptops and gives a clean interface for screen casting.
4. Desperately needs more zoom options because on my laptop, 25% is too small and 50% is too big. Zoom to fit would be cool.
5. The eraser seems to just use the secondary color.
6. Would be nice if the palate could be docked to top, bottom, side, as a single line of icons. If this could be tied to something like four color swatches for quick selection that would be great.
7. This one might be a stretch, but if there were some way of having multiple pages so that I can import multiple backgrounds (or a PDF) and write on each on then go to the next at the press of a button. Would be cool!
Likeable but a little "crashy"
I got this app to start my 6 year and 8 year olds on computer art concepts. They like it a lot and I think it is just what I was looking for as a bare bones starter for computer drawing. Unfortunately there seem to be a few crash bugs lingering around after install.
It crashed on me personally twice for no apparent reason. My 6 year old was doing something that was causing it to crash a lot but we couldn't figure out what it was. It caused a big meltdown when she lost all her work, twice. Kids just don't appreciate the idea of unexpected crashes that make all their artwork dissappear. Now we are learning the art of saving constantly, except that saving wipes out the "undo" memory. . and that means writing everything in stone on every save. . . I'm doing a restart and a permission repair to see if that makes any difference. If it does, I will be happy with the value.
Slow Unusefull App
I bought this app thinking it was an almost exact to paint, the option i wanted the most in not included as the actual windows paint which is cropping easily by lowering the corners to crop the image size, also when you crop an area and do the copy and paste it it does not do the majick, worst of everything I do not know what is wrong with this App runs so slow, I have 2 GB of memory on my Macbook but consumes all of them.. I tell you this because I have the Free the memory App and it measures the quanity of memory being used at real time.. honestly I do not see why you need to buy this, I already did because there were no more reviews but think twice there should be FREE app out there that does the same I am sure more then this App.
- Category: Graphics & Design
- Released: May 10, 2012
- Version: 1.0.0
- Size: 1.1 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: MICHAEL CHEN
- © 2011 EasyMac Studio.
Compatibility: OS X 10.6.6 or later