Paint Pad is a paint app for OS X which is similar to Microsoft Paint. It provides you the basic tools to draw quickly and allows the users to add text on images and resize, rotate, flip and crop images. It also allow you to combine multiple images into one image. Besides it has full support for undo/redo/cut/copy/paste operation.
And at last, it has a friendly and clean UI and it's really easy to use.
- Support retina display.
- Support all kinds of tools. For example eyedropper, fill, line, curve line, rectangle, ellipse, pen, eraser, text, image, round rectangle and so on.
- Support curved texts.
- Full support for transparency.
- Support shadow, gradient and reflection.
- Add text on image.
- Support grid and rulers.
- Crop image.
- Resize, rotate and flip image.
- Combine multiple images into one.
- Full support for undo/redo, cut/copy/paste.
- Config line width, pen color and fill color and so on.
- Support dragging and dropping any files and folders.
Note: If you have any problems, please feel free to contact us with our support email:
Fix some bugs.
1. Support curved texts.
Now you can right click a curved line, round rectangle or ellipse to show the context menu and then select the "Add Curved Texts" menu command to add curved texts.
2. Support snapping automatically.
Your layers will be placed and resized properly when you move and resize them.
3. Fix some bugs.
1. Canvas rulers and grids support inches, cm and mm.
1. Support reflection.
2. Add support for effects and filters. For example, adjust colours, blur, sharpen, black and white and so on. You can apply filters to a whole image or some part of it.
3. Support alignment. You can align your layers to a layout as you want.
4. Enhance pasting. Pasted layers will be placed at your mouse's position.
Ratings and Reviews
What a cheap and effective design tool for Ebook covers
Want to make your Ebook covers quickly and easily? I got this the other day and was already familiar with Windows' Paint so I thought I'd get this and another more complicated (and expensive program). This one is great and ultra simple to use as I got a new Mac mini and it works great on that. BTW the ideal cover size for Ebook covers, according to KDP guidelines is 1563 pixels wide by 2500 pixels high. You can set this little program to that and there you go. Highly recommended.
Somewhat Similar to MacPaint
I am a long-time Mac user and still like MacPaint as old-fashioned as it is. I have gotten used to the tools and what I can do with them, so when I upgraded to a laptop with OS 10, I could no longer use my old programs. I searched the app store trying to find something similar and Paint Pad is the closest I have found - not perfect, but it suits the purpose for me. If you are an "old-timer" check this out.
latest version is perfect
it does what you'd expect and is a great basic paint app for the mac. i've used a bunch of 'em and this is the one i'm sticking with. latest version has a few fixes/features that were critical to getting it to this point, so ignore my previous slightly negative review!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.