By Hong Chen
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
The best-known graphics painting app ! Now on the Mac App Store !!!
Paint X is a classic painting application to draw, color, or edit pictures. You can use Paint X like a digital sketchpad to make simple pictures, creative projects, or to add text and designs to other pictures, such as those taken with your digital camera.
This tried-and-true program is easier to use—and fun, too. The realistic digital "brushes" will bring your pictures to life in shades of watercolor, crayon, and calligraphy. And the ribbon—the strip across the top of the window that shows what a program can do—displays choices out in the open rather than in menus.
• Pencil tool, Eraser tool, Airbrush tool, Fill tool, Text tool, Color picker tool, Rectangle selection tool, Free-form selection tool
• Over 150 built-in paintbrushes: DNA brush, Calligraphy brush, Blur brush, Ink brush and so on
• 25 ready-made shapes: Line, Curve, Oval, Five-point star, Heart, Cloud, Smile and so on
• Rotate/Resize shapes or selection freely
• Flip the image horizontal/vertical
• Crop image by selection
• Paint with a transparency color anywhere
• Stroke/Fill shapes with respective colors
• Select the most recently used colors from the builtin colorpanel
• Paste from an image file
• Canvas/image size is adjustable
• Support Drag and drop operation
• Support Zoom In/Out feature
• The maximum undo/redo times is adjustable
• Support multiple image windows opened at the same time
• Support printing
• Support file formats: png, tiff, bmp, jpeg, gif
and much more ...
Take your time and enjoy it!
Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions or suggestions.
What's New in Version 2.8.0
Performance improved ;
Bug fixes .
Wonderful again too
I have to second gamefowl’s review almost exactly. I have been looking for something for the Mac pretty much just like MS Paint, forever it seems, without any luck until now. I have other graphics programs that I do other things on but MS Paint, simple as it is, is necessary for me to do certain things. So, if you have been or are looking for something very close to MS Paint for the Mac this, Paint X, is it. Now if I can just find something just like Irfanview for the Mac I will be very happy indeed.
This Paint is just what i was looking for and i actually had been looking for something very similar to paint in IE which is more then enough to fit my needs..You have basically all the options you may need for editing images ,cropping,copy,width, height,drag & drop and many more which is worth every dime....i actually have created a few logos using this paint an if i have to i would defenitely buy it again if need be, i finally found what i was looking for..
Okay until . . .
you try to blend or use settings/brushes other than plain paint or draw. Then you lose the smooth texture and end up with a checkerboard texture. I bought this for my daughter, and she is unable to use it for anything she wants other peoplet to see.
Perhaps this could be considered a bug, and could be fixed with an upgrade? Had this been pointed out in the description, I would have continued looking and bought a different app.
The old Claris Works paint program was a real gem. I would love to see it revived.
- Category: Graphics & Design
- Updated: Jun 07, 2013
- Version: 2.8.0
- Size: 8.6 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Hong Chen
- © 2012-2013 Jobssoft
Compatibility: OS X 10.7 or later