Use PaintMatch+ to quickly get the color values of paint, adjusted for local illumination conditions.
PaintMatch+ compares a live video stream from your phone with another stream that captures a standardized color and illumination source (a white piece of paper you provide).
Once you have the color value of your product, color or paint you can go to any hardware store and provide these values (or the name of the paint!) to have them reproduce that color. PaintMatch supports detection of a wide range of paint brands Figure out exactly which can of paint in your attic or basement is on that wall without opening or spot testing!
CMYK, HEX, XYZ and LAB color formats now available!
Detect and match colors to popular paint brands like ACE, Behr, Nippon, Sherwin-Williams and more! Use the new color picker tool to find paints close to that color in multiple paint brand systems.
* Matched colors are closest documented to observed color and may be off due to gloss or environmental conditions which can discolor paint.
- UI Redesign - larger font and more information! When attempting a brand match a swatch of that color will remain at the bottom of the screen.
- New color picker mode!
- Lock more windows! (try locking the white paper window once you determine local illumination!)
- Fixed an issue with iPhoneX pixel selection!
- Many other general improvements!
Ratings and Reviews
This works well for me. Instructions are clear and colors match well. Wish it would give matches for specific paint brands, but it’s easy enough to do that on your own given the color match.
Developer Response ,
We've just added paint brand matching in version 1.2 - thank you for your feedback!
Very handy for matching paint
Was going through the process of repainting my house – it’s been years since I touched the paint, and had no idea what colors were what. This app nailed it and made the whole process much easier.
The app has straight forward instructions. It helped me match the color of an end table at a hotel that I liked.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.