PaintMusic combines the art of music with the art of painting. With just the stroke of a finger, anyone can compose beautiful music. Each color is a different musical instrument, and you can change the musical scale to get different types of moods in your songs. If you know next to nothing about music, you can still create great masterpieces. If you are already an expert musician, there are no limits to the beautiful creations you will produce.
Tap the record button to get the canvas moving. As it scrolls by, a touch of the finger will play notes on the selected instrument. Moving your finger up and down will go up and down the scale. Tap the rewind button to go back to the beginning of the song and start again, this time adding beautiful harmonies. Once you are satisfied with your song, you can tap the home or clear button to save it. The load page will let you select any of your saved songs to listen to, or keep making changes if you want.
Enjoy painting some amazing music!
A ton of visual improvements and enhancements.
- App works great on iPhone X
- There's now a settings screen where you can change the volume and restore purchases
- The visuals for changing instruments and scales has been completely redone
- Rewinding and moving around is much smoother
- You can now test the sound of an instrument before using it, even locked instruments
- Sharing recordings is now done through EveryPlay, so you can now share videos to a PaintMusic specific social network
Thank you so much for trying out PaintMusic and please leave a review or any questions or concerns you have!
V. 1.42 fixes a crash when trying to share a video
Ratings and Reviews
Good clean fun
I’m really enjoying this app. I ended up buying the instrument packet. Eventually I hope someone will develop a polyphonic app for the phone. Until then this is a nice one to tinker with.
Super fun and free way of composing music.
It seems like most similar apps are more of "drag and drop" different sounds onto a timeline. But this app is more like playing a real instrument.
I can't purchase the full version
I just wish you guys didn't lock all the good instruments.
In fact, this composer isn't as easy to use as that Mario Paint music composer, where you can make music by putting up an icon for a certain instrument :-(
- Cody Mace
- 63.2 MB
- Requires iOS 9.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2016 Cody Mace
- In-App Purchases
- All Current and Future Instruments $2.99
- Acoustic Guitar $0.99
- Violin instrument $0.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.