By Rick Maddy
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Palettes Pro is a powerful productivity tool for creating and maintaining color palettes. Great for creating color schemes. Now you can create a color palette anywhere at anytime. Grab colors from a photograph, a website, or add colors using any one of 5 color models. Quickly find matching colors with support for many different color schemes. You may create and store any number of palettes.
NOTE: New users may wish to download the free version of Palettes. That version can be upgraded to a Basic level or this Pro level directly from within the application.
Key features include:
• Single universal application works on all your iOS devices including iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch.
• Quickly create a color palette from a web site, image, camera, or color scheme.
• Unlimited number of palettes.
• 25 colors per palette.
• Undo/Redo support.
• Import/Export palettes from/to Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and Fireworks, GIMP, Paintshop Pro, and OS X Color Chooser.
• Import/Export palettes via email. Team development made easy with one click import.
• Backup and restore your Palettes data directly to/from your own computer, iCloud, Dropbox, Google Drive, Box, or FTP servers.
• Import and export palette files directly to/from your own computer, iCloud, Dropbox, Google Drive, Box, FTP servers, or another app.
• Email color palettes to friends and co-workers.
• Pick colors from:
• RGB, HSV (HSB), HSL, CMYK, or Gray scale sliders
• Standard colors lists (SVG, Web Safe, HTML, Java, Apple) or other palettes.
• A website URL (webpage, image, CSS file, 3rd party palette file).
• An image or camera.
• Any valid CSS3 color representation.
• Create colors via:
• Color blending using 1 of 4 color models.
• Color schemes (monochromatic, analogous, triadic, complementary, split complementary).
• Review color information:
• Details (integer, hex, percent, decimal, CSS).
• As both a foreground and background color.
• "Palette Flow" (not on iPad)
• Display a color full screen to compare against a real world item (press and hold color briefly).
• Palette preview screen.
• Backup a palette as an image in your photo library for later restore.
• Rename, reorder, or delete palettes.
• Sort palette colors by RGB, HSV/B, HSL, CMYK, or Gray color model.
• All work is saved as you go.
• Always remembers where you left off last.
• Built in context sensitive help system.
• Preferences can be set from within the application.
• Excellent customer support.
Palettes can be used to create color palettes for:
• Web site design
• Marketing campaigns
• Home decorating
• Color coordinating
• Anywhere colors are needed - just use your imagination
Please visit http://www.maddysoft.com/iphone/palettes to see a more complete set of screen shots and additional information on the features of "Palettes". The website includes contact information for leaving feedback, asking questions, or reporting any issues.
NOTE: Pantone has stated that they will not license their colors to any other iPhone applications so Palettes will not be able to support Pantone colors unless they change their mind.
NOTE: Known limitation - this version is unable to import binary OS X palette files (.clr) from ~/Library/Colors.
What's New in Version 7.0
• iOS 8 support.
• iPhone 6 and 6 plus support.
• Added undo/redo support to palette changes.
• Added undo/redo support to changes made on the Palettes screen.
• Added new Export Attachment option to include the Palette Preview Image.
• Requires iOS 6.0 or greater.
• On the Palettes screen, moved the "sort" icon options to the new "actions" icon along with undo and redo.
• Renamed the "Palette HTML" export attachment to "Palette Preview HTML".
This update also fixes a few issues.
Useful and well made
Just found this app because I needed a way to organize colors and figure out some palettes. This app is great! It had all the convenience features I wanted and is very intuitive and easy to use. The only feature I would add is maybe a few more options to display the palettes and palette colors so that I can compare the palettes to each other better and also get a better view of the colors in a single palette. I wish the preview would let me view more than colors.
First off, I want to say that initially I had a problem with the app functionality, and got in touch with the developer. He addressed all my issues, and the app works great now.
I totally recommend this app to designers or anybody who would like to create or save a palette of color. I find it to be so amazingly useful. I am still exploring it, but even in the limited ways I have used it so far, I find to be so awesome. Really can't say enough about it.
I wish all my apps where this good.
For anyone interested in painting from photos, or learning how color works, this app is an indispensable tool, particularly if you're working in pastels. It quickly analyzes the colors in an image or web page and creates a palette of 25 colors (or less depending on your needs). It's very accurate and has a color wheel analysis tool. It runs on my iPad AND iPhone. Simply great!
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Sep 26, 2014
- Version: 7.0
- Size: 11.6 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Richard Maddy
- © 2008-2014 Rick Maddy
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.