PanApp - The Music Player
By Clever & Son
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
TechCrunch: A Clever iOS Music Player Replacement
LifeHacker: A Sleek, Playlist-Based Music Player for iPhone
Gizmodo: A Faster iPod App (App of the week)
• Dynamic creation of in-app playlists, called Queues.
• Intelligent playback controls remain on-screen and accessible at all times.
• Power search, search by text or with a swiping gesture.
• Gesture controls and a smooth, responsive user interface.
• Sync new music through iTunes as usual.
• Fully supports iTunes playlists.
• AirPlay support.
• Headset remote control compatible.
• Control playback from the lock screen.
What's New in Version 1.5
Change app name due to trademark issue
Easier for Navigating Albums
If you have a huge iTunes music library, with a lot of Artists where there are many albums for that artist, this app makes it easier to scroll through the albums in alphabetical order. I HATE now the new version of the native iTunes players forces you to see all the tracks under each album (you can't collapse them). I just wish the folks that wrote this app would continue to improve it (gapless playback, artist/album thumbnails). Hopefully there are reading this.
I had purchased this app because I didn't like how the native music app shuffled songs (it plays the same set of songs, and never plays the rest), and had hoped this would be better since I listen to a lot of music in my car. Unfortunately I still have the same issue on this app too. In addition to that, when the screen is locked you cannot see the name of the song, album art, or artist, just the name of the app. It definitely feels like my money would have been better spent on a different app, and I'll likely go back to using the native app.
Functionality over style; I like it!
This app is great for quickly finding songs and creating dynamic playlists! The only thing I wish it had was the ability to display album artists instead of just artists.