PANDAS / PANS JOURNAL is the first iOS app to allow parents to record symptoms and notes on a daily basis to diagnose and treat children with PANDAS / PANS.
What are PANDAS and PANS?
Pediatric Autoimmune Neuropsychiatric Disorders Associated with Streptococcal Infections (PANDAS) and Pediatric Acute-onset Neuropsychiatric Syndrome (PANS) are characterized by a debilitating onset of intense anxiety and OCD in children.
In addition, children with PANDAS / PANS may experience tics and symptoms of depression, irritability, anxiety, and have difficulty with schoolwork. The cause of PANS is unknown in most cases but is thought to be triggered by infections, metabolic disturbances, and other inflammatory autoimmune reactions.
Why PANDAS / PANS Journal?
1. JOURNAL to record symptoms - For every child afflicted by this horrible condition, an entire family's life is turned upside down. Parents wake up every morning, wondering if it was all a dream, only to realize they are living the nightmare. PANDAS / PANS Journal is a place to record the daily behaviors, changes and medications of children with this condition to better-understand how to treat them.
2. COMMUNICATION tool between you and a doctor - We found that doctor's appointments can be overwhelming. It was a struggle to remember all that had happened since the last appointment and we didn't want to miss communicating any important details. PANDAS / PANS Journal provides an organized way to share data with the care providers of your choice.
3. GRAPHICAL ANALYSIS and rating scales - As you enter data our system will help you see the subtle interplay between symptoms and treatment of your child, empowering you with the insight of what is working and what is not.
4. CONTRIBUTION of data leading to medical breakthroughs - Researchers need data to make breakthroughs. You can choose to share your data to help with this process or keep it confidential.
Parents who have witnessed a child transform from happy and healthy to an inconsolable shell of their former self know the agony induced by this debilitating condition.
A child affected by PANDAS/PANS exhibits life-changing symptoms such as OCD, severe restrictive eating, oppositional defiance, anxiety, tics, personality changes, decline in math and handwriting abilities, sensory sensitivities, and the list goes on.
When PANDAS / PANS affected our lives personally, we found ourselves overwhelmed with feelings of isolation, helplessness, fear and grief over losing the person that our child once was. When we could muster up the energy after a long day of outbursts, oppositional defiance, and repetitive OCD questions, we tried to jot down notes for our next doctors' appointments. These dark days blended together, making it difficult to attend medical appointments with a clear and organized mind, prepared to ask the right questions and accurately recount the previous weeks and months.
As pioneers in the App Store health arena, we made it our mission to work on this PANDAS / PANS app with the goal to improve the management and healing process for the caregivers of children with this condition.
To support this app and the cause, we offer an optional auto-renewing subscription that removes all ads.
– Under the sponsor tab you can either select 1 month (at $9.99 / month) or 12 month (at $6.92/ month ) auto-renewing subscriptions.
– Subscriptions automatically renew unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period
– Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase
– Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal
– Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase
– Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication, where applicable
-fixed issue with custom IV treatment notes not showing in history
Ratings and Reviews
Must have app!
If you have a child or children with PANDAS or PANS, you will be thankful for this fantastic app. Customizable symptom tracking, data collection and analysis, and the ability to use it for one or many children make it a must have. It allows you to make notes, record vitals and meds, monitor symptoms and their severity, and keep a history of all of this info. It's super easy to use and can be utilized to keep your children's doctors in the loop, too!
Thank you for your kind review! We hope that you are continuing to enjoy the app and that your child(ren)'s health is improving.
Good idea but buggy
Keeps locking up when entering notes. It often freezes when entering data in the notes section. Nothing to do but entirely close the app, losing my notes and then reopen it to attempt to re-enter it again. Very frustrating.
It would also be nice to be able to print out my note log for Dr. review. I don't see a way to do that.
Otherwise, seems like a great idea they just need to improve the execution.
Please make this app functional
This looks like it could be a VERY useful and well throughout tool. Unfortunately I can't get it to save a user or any pertinent data. I also can't figure out what website it would upload to? I really would love for this to work and would be willing to pay $$$ if it were. So much to keep track of as a Pandas parent. Thank you!
Thank you for your review. We apologize for the trouble that you have been experiencing. We expect to have an update out within the next week that should fix this issue and has some new enhancements. Thank you for your time!
- Winkpass Creations, Inc.
- 118.6 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR, and iPod touch.
- English, Arabic, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this app.
- Frequent/Intense Medical/Treatment Information
- © 2017 Winkpass Creations Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- One month - No Ads $9.99
- No Ads 12 Months $82.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.